Peabody @ G W Carver

freeacen

Dear Miscellaneous West Tennessee Redneck

No one wants to shoot you no one wants your pickup no one wants to do you harm this constant insinuation that black people in memphis dont do anything at football games except shoot the unsuspecting white people they have there is beginning to annoy me enjoy your game that is all

From another West Tennessee Red Neck, you need to tell Carver if they sell out their school for a few bucks, they shouldn't compete for the playoffs. Agreed, Trenton should have won region 8 if they wanted to play at home. Have fun in Memphis, Peabody!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago a Milan-JCM game that was originally to be played at rothrock (or how ever it is spelled) stadium was moved to Milan for similar reasons. (I think there was a violent disturbance at the last game held there) JCM got the gate money and wore their home jerserys and everything went ok. JCM undoubtedly made more money since the game was at Milan and Carver would also make more money if the game was at Peabody. (as would the TSSAA) Most Memphis teams dont play at a true "home" field anyways so If everyone makes more money (especially the TSSAA) and Carver agrees to it, it could verily easily happen. Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$

A few years ago a Milan-JCM game that was originally to be played at rothrock (or how ever it is spelled) stadium was moved to Milan for similar reasons. (I think there was a violent disturbance at the last game held there) JCM got the gate money and wore their home jerserys and everything went ok. JCM undoubtedly made more money since the game was at Milan and Carver would also make more money if the game was at Peabody. (as would the TSSAA) Most Memphis teams dont play at a true "home" field anyways so If everyone makes more money (especially the TSSAA) and Carver agrees to it, it could verily easily happen. Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$

You would have to factor in the distance with that game though Jackson to milan is at most a 30 minute ride JCM fans could still get there very few people in memphis would even consider coming all the way to trenton when they could have the game right in the city also Milan JCM was a regular season game playoffs i just dont see anybody giving up a home playoff game

I don't think the game was ever planned to be at Rothrock. JCM called and desperately needed to fill a date, everyone else had turned them down. Morris agreed to it only on the condition that the JCM home game not be in Rothrock. The game was originally scheduled to be at Northside but it got to be a pretty ugly on the local Jackson scene so they moved it to Milan and JCM got the gate like you said. Milan had played in a jamboree a year or two before the phone call and gunshots were thought to be heard as the games were getting over.

You would have to factor in the distance with that game though Jackson to milan is at most a 30 minute ride JCM fans could still get there very few people in memphis would even consider coming all the way to trenton when they could have the game right in the city also Milan JCM was a regular season game playoffs i just dont see anybody giving up a home playoff game

Well, toinemac...you say fans could still get to the JCM/Milan game...thing is most of the Memphis inner city schools have NO support except for a few of the good football schools there...I'm not sure how good Carver supports their team but I can almost guarantee you that Trenton will probably still bring twice the crowd Carver will even with it in Memphis...If this game is played in Trenton several teams that are already out of the playoffs from around here would probably most likely go see this game or the Milan/Huntingdon game...It won't be like that in Memphis...fan support is much better here

Trenton needs to hop in their little bus and go play the Cobras in Memphis. This is the playoffs.

Find Elvis Presley Blvd. and take a right at Whitehaven High School. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Cobras by 6 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well, toinemac...you say fans could still get to the JCM/Milan game...thing is most of the Memphis inner city schools have NO support except for a few of the good football schools there...I'm not sure how good Carver supports their team but I can almost guarantee you that Trenton will probably still bring twice the crowd Carver will even with it in Memphis...If this game is played in Trenton several teams that are already out of the playoffs from around here would probably most likely go see this game or the Milan/Huntingdon game...It won't be like that in Memphis...fan support is much better here

Carver brought a pretty good crowd to Bolivar earlier this year and why should they make the game comfortable for the other school how do they benefit

Trenton needs to hop in their little bus and go play the Cobras in Memphis. This is the playoffs.

Find Elvis Presley Blvd. and take a right at Whitehaven High School. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Cobras by 6 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I wouldn't mind goin to memphis myself, i actually like our chances better if we go to memphis; we have played tremendously better on the road with some key wins at humboldt and jackson christian

Carver brought a pretty good crowd to Bolivar earlier this year and why should they make the game comfortable for the other school how do they benefit

I heard that Carver actually lost money last friday and can't afford to rent out Crump Stadium; this is not really much of Peabody tryin to get the game moved more than it is Carver simply can't find a stadium...