Goodpasture @ Camden

Ctownfootball

Wait a minute now... The legend has been with us all year. I think he has picked us to win every week until now. He can't help but join the GP bandwagon...everyone else has. Wait until Friday night about 9:00 or so and lets see how things shake out on the field. Goodpasture is a class act and an excellent football team. It will take all of us and the 11 on the field to beat them, but WE AIN"T BOWIN' DOWN TO NOBODY! I think I can hear it now MOOOSE! Stand Up and show your LION PRIDE!!!!!

Thank you CamdenCrunch. I have been a big believer in Camden all year, but Goodpasture is always Goodpasture and I simply made a pick. I actually hope you guys win. I like for the underdog to win. I won't hold it against you that you have unknowledgable people on your side. Everyone has some of those type fans. You can't help it.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game may not be much to watch, but I sure do look forward to reading about it on Sunday in The Tennessean Section P devoted entirely to private school athletics in the greater Metro area. And for those of you who can't get enough in the paper, feel free to enjoy Jeff Lockridge's weekly blog, "Why all private schools deserve more".

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Where did this clown come from? I realize that we/Camden are rarely blessed with a headline in the sports section of the Tennesseean, but you know when GP blows us out we may get one! I may from time to time preach the public vs private sermon, but truth be told it probably makes for better ball games. I mean really who wants to see Camden, Huntingdon, Milan, Peabody, Westview, Lewis County etc. play each other anyway. They are all too evenly matched. RIGHT?

Ok, I apologize, I thought I read where they played earlier. Legends make mistakes too. I don't guess I can elevate you to Legend Status since you never do any wrong. I didn't realize you never make a mistake. You may think I post with Idiocy, but ANYTIME you want to talk football, I am game. And yes since you brought it up again, just get ready because you will BOW DOWN on Friday to Goodpasture and their Living Legend coach. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Anytime you wanna talk football...WE ARE READY! But so far all we get to hear about is "the young lads" and someone "bowing-down"...not much football talk in that. As a matter of fact, I think that crap is what got you run off all the Milan threads isn't it. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> You will never see me call anyone a name for picking against us...but I do tend to call a spade a spade when the situation warrants it...and I just couldn't pass this one up...you made it WAY too easy.

What are you talking about? Run off the Milan threads? The fact is I never said your young lads would bow down until you started taking shots at me. You asked for that one. I am glad some of the other fine fans from Camden don't talk as much trash as you do. Again, I would love to see Camden win, even if it means you are happy.

What are you talking about? Run off the Milan threads? The fact is I never said your young lads would bow down until you started taking shots at me. You asked for that one. I am glad some of the other fine fans from Camden don't talk as much trash as you do. Again, I would love to see Camden win, even if it means you are happy.

Legend thank you very much for all your Camden support...we appreciate it truly /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

As far as talking trash goes...not me, not my style....I have been a member of this website for 3 years and you have been a member since July and you have more posts than I do. So this either means that you A: Have no life.... B: Know very little about football so you...C: choose to randomly post about teams that you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about and tell them how they are going to "bow down" and "young lads" this and "young lads" that with very little reference to anything relevent to the actual team or game or football in general....or D: all of the above. Hmm... wonder if you can guess which answer I'm going to choose?

Kinda makes it hard to take you serious when there are no facts, no reasoning, and no relevance in your posts. But since this is a free website, in a free country feel free to post however you like....Just pretend I'm not here /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks Robjim...you and the Big man should come on down Friday and have a gut-burger on me. I'll even let you sit in the quiet section of the bleachers...well ok maybe we don't have a quiet section...but I will let you sit with us...ok maybe not sit, but you can stand with us...I'm sure some of the ladies can scare up an extra cow-bell or two for you guys if you want...well whether you want to or not, they'll probably make you take a cowbell....I'm tellin ya you won't wanna miss it, Good Times /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are correct about the noise. I was amazed that the home crowd stayed loud the whole game. Camden has great fans and a great stadium.

Are you asking about the CPA quarterback or the Camden fullback? I think someone responded about the Camden fullback. As far as Conner Lowry (sp?) the QB from CPA, I don't know who he's considering or who has offered. He would probably need to go somewhere that runs the spread. He's got limited options in the SEC if that's the case. If he doesn't want to play quarterback he probably could be a tight end or maybe even a fullback/h-back at a lot of places. He's a tough, smart kid. It's a shame his team had to lose so early. As I said before, Camden and GP are both aware of his talents. Hopefully, we can all watch him on Saturdays somewhere in the SEC. Maybe some CPA fans are browsing this thread and they can tell us more.

He is a great ball player but SEC may be a long shot!

It's the same,sad story...GP gets to choose from alot of players from alot of places,to play for them...and Camden gets to choose from whomever gets off of the yellow bus every year...it will never be fair,as long as us Public schools play the Privates. That being said,I will always take up for my Lions ,will support them until the bitter end !!! Don't truly mean to sound like a cry-baby...but have been coming to these games for MANY years,and have seen it happen time and time again(Public vs. Privates). My Lions will not give up,no matter what. So,do hope that GP understands this is not going to be a push-over game. Things do happen,things can happen,things will happen... GO BIG BLACK !!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Where did this clown come from? I realize that we/Camden are rarely blessed with a headline in the sports section of the Tennesseean, but you know when GP blows us out we may get one! I may from time to time preach the public vs private sermon, but truth be told it probably makes for better ball games. I mean really who wants to see Camden, Huntingdon, Milan, Peabody, Westview, Lewis County etc. play each other anyway. They are all too evenly matched. RIGHT?

What I don't understand is that you never hear Alcoa and Marryville complain about the private vs public debate.