Goodpasture @ Camden

Ctownfootball

Domination?

There was NO domination in this game. Camden played a GREAT game, leading Goodpasture up until the 4th quarter. For everyone that did not believe in us, and thought this would be a 50-0 game, watch the film on this game. This was the best football game I have ever watched. The entire team, coaches and fans gave it 150%. I don't think there was an empty seat and I have never heard Wright field so loud. Seniors, best of luck in whatever you do and THANKS for a great 4 years! Coaches, keep at it, you have brought a football tradition back to Camden. Parents of the players, thank you for raising such great kids, on and off the field. Thank you to all the players, coaches and fans. I can't wait for next year. GO LIONS!

Moose, go and get that Mr. Football title that you so much deverve!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should change your name to sorry loser. Most of the cougars play on both sides of the ball. They have all year. Get your facts straight.

Congrats to Camden on a great season, You guys had a great stadium, nice little town, and some of the friendliest fans around. Hopefully next year we will get to play again.

I was mainly talking about your line. No I'm not a sorry loser. You posted that Camden took the lead in the 1st half because of turnovers. That's far from the truth. Just sounds to be like you want to twist the facts to make excuses why things went the way they did. Goodpasture is a very good team the best we've played all year. But I can tell you you have more depth than any 2-a team in West Tn.

If a team is planning on playing a perfect game to win, they will lose. Perfect games don't happen.

Bear Bryant was quoted once as saying: "When two good teams play each other, the game is usually decided by 3-4 plays. Whoever wins the most of those plays will win the game."

I don't think the players or the coaches where planning on a perfect game they truely expected to win this one. Good luck to the Cougars in the playoffs.

I don't think the players or the coaches where planning on a perfect game they truely expected to win this one. Good luck to the Cougars in the playoffs.

I was responding to Camdenbottoms post where he said:

"Good job Camden and Goodpasture.I knew Camden would have to play a perfect game to win.But it didnt happen."

And I would hope the players and coaches were expecting to win. That what winners do. Camden had a chance and played a great first half, but if you followed GP's season, you will see they were a GREAT 2nd half team that finished strong and beat some really good teams in close games (Lipscomb, CPA twice, Ravenwood, McGavock, Coffee Cty.). Their speed means they are never out of a game. Congrats to Camden on a great season. They really improved their playoff performance this year after the CPA disaster last year.

I was mainly talking about your line. No I'm not a sorry loser. You posted that Camden took the lead in the 1st half because of turnovers. That's far from the truth. Just sounds to be like you want to twist the facts to make excuses why things went the way they did. Goodpasture is a very good team the best we've played all year. But I can tell you you have more depth than any 2-a team in West Tn.

You got me mixed up with someone else. I never posted about turnovers.

I was responding to Camdenbottoms post where he said:

"Good job Camden and Goodpasture.I knew Camden would have to play a perfect game to win.But it didnt happen."

And I would hope the players and coaches were expecting to win. That what winners do. Camden had a chance and played a great first half, but if you followed GP's season, you will see they were a GREAT 2nd half team that finished strong and beat some really good teams in close games (Lipscomb, CPA twice, Ravenwood, McGavock, Coffee Cty.). Their speed means they are never out of a game. Congrats to Camden on a great season. They really improved their playoff performance this year after the CPA disaster last year.

I'm aware of what GP has done this year. But these West Tn teams are playing great Football. Example Ravenwood Lost to Gp by one point. Dickson Co. beat Ravenwood by 14. Henry Co. beat Dickson Co. by 7. Westview beat Henry Co. by 11. Milan and Trenton both beat Westview. Camden beat Trentonby 4 and lost to Westview by 1 and Milan by 7. Now grant you GP has got outstanding speed but is very fortunate that Camden had back to back turnovers. I wouldn't say Camden played bad in the 2nd Half. Good Luck next week and let's move on and maybe we play again next year.

WOW. WHat an amazing game. Even though my #1 team came up on the short end I couldn't be more proud of these young men. Every single player on that feild Lion and Cougar alike gave it 100% the entire game. These teams battled the whole way. Goodpasture has an amazing team lots of speed, and that #4 is a Hoss what grade is he in?

Coach Martin is a very classy man, and we appreciate him calling the knee. Goodpasture best of luck the rest of way, NOW GO GET THAT GOLD BALL FROM ALCOA!!!

Camden look forward to seein yall hit people next year. You boys gave it a heck of a run, and once again I couldn't be more proud of you. Just continue to work hard this offseason, and continue the recently renewed Camden Lions tradition. TO the seniors of Camden I want to wish yall the best of luck in life, and everything you do, if yall work in life like you have football many good things will happen to yall.

#4 is a senior, so he is in his final year

This was a very good game from the start till the finish. Great job Camden from your team, coaches and fans.

I talked to several fans from Camden that had a lot of knowledge of Goodpasture. I was talking to one fan and he told me that both teams were playing well and said be we really have to watch out for number 24 and 22 and about that time our number 24 Cunningham took off for a long TD which got called back for holding. We spoke for some time and later our number 22 got loose down the sideline for a TD. Like I said it was knowledge he had about our Cougars that I was really impressed with. Camden fans showed a lot of class about the game and were really proud of their Lions as well as they should be. Camden really kicked us around early on as this became a really good dogfight between two really good 2A teams. Your QB had a really accurate and strong arm. His receivers seemed like they had stickem on their hands not dropping hardly any footballs all night. Your running backs ran with a lot of determination. I am sure that Camden will be back even further in the playoffs next season if they get back some key players. Good luck guys and hopefully we will take care of business all the way to Murfreesboro and get the Gold Ball away from Alcoa but one game at a time. Up next, Hickman County. What do you guys know about this Hickman County team? Do they run or pass a lot. What formation do they run? Thanks for any information you Camden fans could share.

Have a good day and thanks in advance.

Go Cougars!