2nd and 3rd round of 5A?

shook27

im glad someone else from millington has jumped into this great ruhbarb of great football games. of course i would love to see millington win. thats my team. i do kinda agree about the one dimensional part, but then again i stand behind it with my prior staements about "not fixing it (the running game) if its not broken." the passing game has its highlights in the justice/fryerson duo. Even Knowlton and Simpson can catch an inside ball on a broken throw downfield. I wouldnt count them out of the passing game. You cant say that WH coaches are going to prepare their team for the millington run game and not expect the millington coaches to prepare their team to throw the ball against the team with the number 4 defense...it works both ways. these coaching staffs are in the playoffs for a reason--because they know what they are doing and know how to change game plans. Either way you look at it, neither team is going to do what they would normally do. Millington isnt going to have 300 yds rushing, but WH isnt going to have a huge number of passing yards. its going to be a hard fought game, i hope. the only way to be the best is to beat the best.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im glad someone else from millington has jumped into this great ruhbarb of great football games. of course i would love to see millington win. thats my team. i do kinda agree about the one dimensional part, but then again i stand behind it with my prior staements about "not fixing it (the running game) if its not broken." the passing game has its highlights in the justice/fryerson duo. Even Knowlton and Simpson can catch an inside ball on a broken throw downfield. I wouldnt count them out of the passing game. You cant say that WH coaches are going to prepare their team for the millington run game and not expect the millington coaches to prepare their team to throw the ball against the team with the number 4 defense...it works both ways. these coaching staffs are in the playoffs for a reason--because they know what they are doing and know how to change game plans. Either way you look at it, neither team is going to do what they would normally do. Millington isnt going to have 300 yds rushing, but WH isnt going to have a huge number of passing yards. its going to be a hard fought game, i hope. the only way to be the best is to beat the best.

You're right. The coaches will be getting plan a, plan b, and making sure they have covered what each team likes to do. It's going to be kinda funny if this game ends up being a 35-31 kinda score. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Everyone, including me, is expecting a defensive battle.

im not sure if you guys know but millington actually has 4 to 5 backs that can do some damage. Knowlton and simpson are the seniors and are getting the recognition but the others are just as dangerous as people will see next yr. Anyhow its late i need to hit the sack talk at yall tomorrow.

I think we tend to forget that the success of our backs is very dependant upon the success of our "O" line. I'm not saying backs are completely reliant on the O line, because it does take recognition, vision, that patience then burst of speed and power as needed to get going once the crease is there. But I think when a program has continued success and a reliable running attack, we forget to give some credit to the O line. I feel sorry for those guys in the trenches because when they win their battles, the team looks great! When they aren't winning the battle, the offense looks out of synch and very inconsistent. I think the typical defensive games we see when watching football have a sloppy appearance to them because when the defense is dominant, they tend to make offenses look ugly and out of synch.

You're right. The coaches will be getting plan a, plan b, and making sure they have covered what each team likes to do. It's going to be kinda funny if this game ends up being a 35-31 kinda score. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Everyone, including me, is expecting a defensive battle.

i think they have a sophomore as the third back. i think it is tyrell garner? not sure.

Another note for the game, watch out the heart of WH defense-the LBS. Three Dynamic LBs #2,#5, #1 (heavily recruited). These LBs are fast and will hit you in you mouth if you try them. They dont miss many tackles and they cover fairly decent. Also, be on the look out for the safety #27 Gene Robinson. He is an awesome tackler, I have watched me play since last year. I have NEVER seen him miss a tackle. Many have tried to shake and bake him- the RB from whitestation, players for melrose and others. He always tackles his man. I agree that this will be a great game with lots of hard hits. I really hope that the WH coaches mix it op on offense, they will need to in order to get the W.

i think they have a sophomore as the third back. i think it is tyrell garner? not sure.

Yes sir he is going to be the powerhouse next yr. He is there power back lol. He doesnt try and juke the deffense he likes to run them over. He is a very good kid and i believe tennessee has shown some interest in him. Anyhow he also punts/kickoff's for millington. We can bragg all we want about these kids but it will come down to how they play tomorrow and i cant wait. Here is how i see the score... milington-35 w-haven-14. Hehehe .. im hoping

22-21 millington. thats what im gonna call it.

It's good to see you 3 Millington fans (shook27, cam6, & millingtonfan2007) on the board, and I enjoy sharing thoughts abot theses games with you. obviously, I don't have any stake in the WH/Millington (ya'll need an abbreviated name! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) game. Hopefully, WS will get on past Houston, and then we'll have one of you two to worry over.

I haven't witnessed a Millington game, but have seen WH play. Consequently, I'm just a tad bit biased towards WH. But I do want to compliment the way you Millington fans are handling yourselves in these discussions. I really enjoy passionate fans that can still understand there's competitve teams elswhere that have talent, coaching etc, and have the potential to win. And bottom line, nothing we do or say on these boards will affect what happens in the game. Either way these games come out, I'll be pulling for a championship title to make its way to West Tn for a change!

It's good to see you 3 Millington fans (shook27, cam6, & millingtonfan2007) on the board, and I enjoy sharing thoughts abot theses games with you. obviously, I don't have any stake in the WH/Millington (ya'll need an abbreviated name! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) game. Hopefully, WS will get on past Houston, and then we'll have one of you two to worry over.

I haven't witnessed a Millington game, but have seen WH play. Consequently, I'm just a tad bit biased towards WH. But I do want to compliment the way you Millington fans are handling yourselves in these discussions. I really enjoy passionate fans that can still understand there's competitve teams elswhere that have talent, coaching etc, and have the potential to win. And bottom line, nothing we do or say on these boards will affect what happens in the game. Either way these games come out, I'll be pulling for a championship title to make its way to West Tn for a change!

i agree. obviously we all want OUR team to win, whether it is WH, WS, or Millington. One of us is going to go very far this year. All we can really do is be excited that our team has made it this far and hope that on friday no one gets hurt.

I agree that the coaching staffs on both teams will get their teams ready. I don't think the coaching staff's will change what they do too much ... they will probably throw in some wrinkles here and there, but essentially, you dance with the one you brought to the dance. Millington is going to run the ball ... that's what they do, and they do it very well. Whitehaven will run and throw ... that's what they do, and they do it very well. The defenses will fly to the ball ... thats what they do and they both do it very well. I'm not expecting Millington to put it in the air a whole lot ... but enough to keep the WH 'D' honest. I'm not expecting WH to abandon the run and go completely air ... but they will run it enough to keep the Millington 'D' honest.

I agree .. you beat the best to be the best.

I agree that the coaching staffs on both teams will get their teams ready. I don't think the coaching staff's will change what they do too much ... they will probably throw in some wrinkles here and there, but essentially, you dance with the one you brought to the dance. Millington is going to run the ball ... that's what they do, and they do it very well. Whitehaven will run and throw ... that's what they do, and they do it very well. The defenses will fly to the ball ... thats what they do and they both do it very well. I'm not expecting Millington to put it in the air a whole lot ... but enough to keep the WH 'D' honest. I'm not expecting WH to abandon the run and go completely air ... but they will run it enough to keep the Millington 'D' honest.

I agree .. you beat the best to be the best.

With roughly 31.5 hours to go until kickoff, I'm wondering if you're in the parking lot waiting on the gates to open yet......as the playoffs go on, anxiety goes up!