2nd and 3rd round of 5A?

shook27

Great to see all the talk about West Tennessee football. I'm a long time Millington fan that pulls for anyone who makes it out of the west. Couldn't agree more with these posts. The WH/MCHS game should be a great game. Two very athletic teams with good coaching staffs and experienced players. Of course I'm pulling for MCHS and I truely think the have a great chance. Congrats to all the teams remaining and lets pull for the west schools all the way to STATE!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrepect to Sterling but for all of you on the East side of the state let me tell you, there is another. Travis Simpson from Millington. He has the size 6'1 210lbs and speed 4.4 / 4.5, the ability to make everyone miss, great vision, power that is punishing to defenders and he also starts on defense at middle LB and is the second leading tackler on the team and he usually only plays about half a game. This kids runs like he is on a mission every time he touches the ball. Just an example, he ran a 50 yd TD against Collierville in the first round that he drug 3-4 tacklers about 10 yds before shaking them and racing another forty leaving all defenders 10-15 yds behind. Just example of what he does every friday night. I hope Millington continues to advance so everyone can witness this kid in action.

I didn't know that Simpson was the starting MLB as well. Very Interesting.

if anyone had not read that paper from saturday, ill fill you in. on the last play of the game last week against collierville, the dragons qb threw a long pass downfield. i think the reciever caught the ball...for about .0005 seconds. as soon as he turned around was Melvin Kneeland. Melvin hit him so hard, the recievers helmet flew about ten yards away from where the hit occured. He is only 5'6, maybe. The player was on the ground for a good 5 minutes. needless to say, that was there final play of the game.

i wouldnt count on size of the players or how much they weigh. its their athleticism that really counts. this is going to be a painful game for both teams. they will do anything to advance to the next round.

it should be on comcast right? but you cant beat seeing the game in real time AT millington. its just not the same!

i believe its about time millington was the game of the week. it was starting to get kinda sad that a team that was going undefeated couldnt get decent coverage.

The game will not be on Comcast. There are no live broadcasts of playoff games allowed until the state championships. Comcast has not contacted us to see about a tape delayed broadcast and since they have not, they will not be broadcasting.

The game will not be on Comcast. There are no live broadcasts of playoff games allowed until the state championships. Comcast has not contacted us to see about a tape delayed broadcast and since they have not, they will not be broadcasting.

I just looked at the "ON THE AIR" segment in today's sport section of The Commercial Appeal and there is no mention of a broadcast of the Whitehaven/Millington game. In fact ... there isn't any prep game being televised in Memphis. It is, however, going to be the broadcasted game on radio station WQOX-FM (88.5) starting @ 6:30 PM. I said earlier that this is the game of the week and it is ... it's the featured game of the Commercial Appeal's 'Game Of The Week Highlights' sponsered by 1st Tennessee Bank on it's webpage.

Oh well.

I will probably get to the game in the 2nd quarter or @ halftime. See you guys there! Mark H ... I will come by the booth and say howdy.

I think that this is a good story in today's Commercial Appeal about tonight's game written by Jason Smith. Check it out.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/...ealthy-respect/

I agree ... it sort of has a playoff rivalry feel to it and we have faced each other more then any other school in recent playoff history. (Amoung the 5A schools in the Memphis area)