2nd and 3rd round of 5A?

shook27

so i am looking forward to the 2nd and 3rd round and the chances for millington, whitehaven, and white station.

whitehaven beat collierville 14-10

white station beat collierviile 14-7

millington beat collierville 31-0 (round 1)

AND 26-14

white station beat whitehaven 17-14

if collierville held 2 of the best teams in the area to 2 TDs, and millington ran them over twice, what is millington going to do to whitehaven and white station (this being that millington beats whitehaven next friday...) give me some feedback on what you think

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your thought process because i am a millington guy but unfortunately it does not play out that way. The playoffs bring a whole different level of play and i think the Mill & Whaven game will be a close one. There are going to be abundance of really good football players on that field in millington next friday night and ultimately it will come down to who execute offensively the best, who has the fewest turnovers and who is the most physical. I will tell you one thing about the game is that whitehaven better be ready for and extremely physical hard hitting game. This team is the most physical team in west TN and they bring it every play. The crowd was great friday and i expect it be be even more crazy next friday. I invite everyone who wants to see a high level of high school football with some big time football player come to Millington Friday and skip the other 5A game.

so i am looking forward to the 2nd and 3rd round and the chances for millington, whitehaven, and white station.

AND 26-14

if collierville held 2 of the best teams in the area to 2 TDs, and millington ran them over twice, what is millington going to do to whitehaven and white station (this being that millington beats whitehaven next friday...) give me some feedback on what you think

Like cam6 says, you can't compare it that way. There's simply too many variables in the game of football to assume that because Millington handled Collierville, that Millington will be able to do the same thing against Whitehaven or White Station. There's simply too many plays that get made in one game, that might not get made in the next. Maybe it's a crucial 3rd down, or a turnover, or penalty.

Rest assured, no one is taking Millington lightly! I've seen enough of Collierville to know that any win against them is a quality win. And it looks like Millington had little trouble with them.

Right now, Millington and Whitehaven have to get ready for each other, and show up and play well. Meanwhile, White Station has a rematch against Houston. That game can't be compared ot our last one against them, even though it was only 2 weeks ago. I'm confident that Houston will make some adjustments and this game has to be taken very seriously.

The atmosphere of these games are awesome! You just have to love the buildup and then being at the game with everyone fired up! The stakes are high, good teams playing.....tough to beat! My hope is that the teams will bring their "A" games, and play hard. Officiating stays fair and impartial, injuries kept to a minimum. The winner moves on and the loser can still hold their heads high.

AND 26-14

Hmm, sounds you you think neither Whithaven or, or White Station or Houston stand a chance against Millington ?

AND 26-14

shook27:

I don't know how this Friday's game is going to turn out but I'm pulling for Whitehaven. Reading your post I get the impression that you think that Millington will run all over Whitehaven AND White Station. I don't share that opinion. I posted a thread in the general Football portion of this forum entitled 'City of Memphis stat. leaders, Defense' ... here is the link:

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=162650

Millington has the third ranked defense only allowing 151.1 YPG. Whitehaven has the fourth ranked defense only giving up 159.4 YPG.

I think this will be one of the best games in the state, and it better be the game of the week!

I like your thought process because i am a millington guy but unfortunately it does not play out that way. The playoffs bring a whole different level of play and i think the Mill & Whaven game will be a close one. There are going to be abundance of really good football players on that field in millington next friday night and ultimately it will come down to who execute offensively the best, who has the fewest turnovers and who is the most physical. I will tell you one thing about the game is that whitehaven better be ready for and extremely physical hard hitting game. This team is the most physical team in west TN and they bring it every play. The crowd was great friday and i expect it be be even more crazy next friday. I invite everyone who wants to see a high level of high school football with some big time football player come to Millington Friday and skip the other 5A game.

That portion of your post is a matter of opinion. You are entitled to that opinion, however, it isn't an opinion that can be validated on a message board. You may be surprised at how physical Whitehaven will be come Friday night.

Trust me when I say this ... not only is Whitehaven going to be ready for ... "and extremely physical and hard hitting game" ... They are ready and looking forward to participating in this event.

That portion of your post is a matter of opinion. You are entitled to that opinion, however, it isn't an opinion that can be validated on a message board. You may be surprised at how physical Whitehaven will be come Friday night.

Trust me when I say this ... not only is Whitehaven going to be ready for ... "and extremely physical and hard hitting game" ... They are ready and looking forward to participating in this event.

I like your optimisim, all fans have a right to their opinion and i think this could be the best game of the year in West TN because the match up. Believe me noone at Millington expects this to be anything like what they have encountered thus far and i assure you they will be ready. I have seen plenty of recent film as well as live games on the remaining teams and at least i feel the best are left and i only hope the games are settled by the players and stripes do not become the focal point. To many time in the past seven years i have seen officials play to big a roll in the outcome of the game. I wish all the teams good luck this friday and for West TN sake may the best teams win. Millington and Whithaven have a long history between them and i do not the records but all that i have ever been associated with have been battles regardless of who had the better team so it should be a great one for the fans. Whitehaven fans pack your sack lunch and get ready for war.

I like your optimisim, all fans have a right to their opinion and i think this could be the best game of the year in West TN because the match up. Believe me noone at Millington expects this to be anything like what they have encountered thus far and i assure you they will be ready. I have seen plenty of recent film as well as live games on the remaining teams and at least i feel the best are left and i only hope the games are settled by the players and stripes do not become the focal point. To many time in the past seven years i have seen officials play to big a roll in the outcome of the game. I wish all the teams good luck this friday and for West TN sake may the best teams win. Millington and Whithaven have a long history between them and i do not the records but all that i have ever been associated with have been battles regardless of who had the better team so it should be a great one for the fans. Whitehaven fans pack your sack lunch and get ready for war.

I agree with stuman and your point on injury free games, and impartial, hopefully transparent officiating. We all have seen games where the officiating was way too much of a distraction in the game.

It's great to see fans proud and passionate about their teams! Whitehaven/Millington should be playing a very tough and physical game! That would certainly be a gem to see. The White Station/Houston game, I suspect, is going to be a tough one also. It certainly doesn't have the obviuos buildup since we won convincingly over them a couple of weeks ago. But that's exactly what worries me.....they will make adjustments. So I don't expect the 2nd time around to be the same game. And they did take care of business vs Arlington, so they do have it in them to play big games.

Last year, White Station won over Woodale in the quarter finals. After the game, one of Woodale's players yelled out from across the field, "Bring it home!". It was a great display of sportsmanship from a team that dearly wanted to be advancing, instead of seeing White Station advance. I hope that as these playoffs continue, our respective teams could display that level of competiveness during the game, but when it's over, give credit and support to the team that will represent our area in the subsequent rounds. After all, whoever gets through these next 2 rounds will have certainly earned the right to move on.

My "optimisim" is well founded because of the work and success that Whitehaven has achieved throughout the season. The same way Millington should be optimistic.

Believe me noone at Millington expects this to be anything like what they have encountered thus far and i assure you they will be ready

I never once thought anything different. My whole response was due to the fact that it was mentioned that "Whitehaven better be prepared for physicality" ... and to that I responded ... but never did I think or insinuate that Millington would not be prepared or ready ... in fact ... it could be said that it was the other way around.

Regardless of who said what or who intimated anything or whatever ... this is the game of the week in region 7 vs 8 ... in whatever classification there is in Tennessee. This is THE game!

I think that the White Station/Houston game will be good ... but honestly ... I don't see Houston beating White Station. White Station pounded them two weeks ago ... and I think they beat them again. White Station is simply better then Houston.

That can't be said about the Whitehaven/Millington game though. This game pits the third and fourth ranked defenses in the area against each other. Millington has the terrefic ground game with #12, Mr. Eric Knowlton and #26 Mr. Travis Simpson accompanied with a very good WR in #5, Mr. Mario Justice. Whitehaven's 'O' has the terrific WR corp. and with it's two oustanding RB's.

THIS BETTER BE THE GAME OF THE WEEK!

if this isnt the game to watch then i dont know what is. the stands were packed last week at millington against collierville, and i would expect them to be even more so this friday. millington has never made it out of the second round of the playoffs. this win would motivate them more than anything else going into next fridays game vs white station/houston. i would expect white station to come out on top. but after watching college football this year, its hard to tell who is on top. look at ohio state on saturday...its possible!