2nd and 3rd round of 5A?

shook27

Millington really has had no reason to throw the ball this season. Maybe to mix it up, really. Thats about it. When Fryerson steps back to throw, he already knows where he is going. and if that does not work, he runs. The O line knows where he is at and he usually gets the first down/touchdown when he runs. If the running game isnt broken, why fix it. why change routine. millington is an established running team. its as easy as that. good luck to WH to stop the run. its going to take every bit of effort from their D. There are too many threats on millingtons side of the ball.

I suspect that ...

its going to take every bit of effort from their D.

... is applicable to both teams. I don't think that the Whitehaven 'D' will "shut down" the Millington running game ... per se' ... but Whitehaven has seen their fair share of good RB's this season. The WHS 'D' will be prepared for the challenge.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that ...

... is applicable to both teams. I don't think that the Whitehaven 'D' will "shut down" the Millington running game ... per se' ... but Whitehaven has seen their fair share of good RB's this season. The WHS 'D' will be prepared for the challenge.

kwc, i have a question, maybe you can answer. How many Wing T teams has Whaven played against this year? I just don't know what teams around here are still running wingT.

I am so thrilled to see that hightower will be back for this game, he is a real game breaker. I have seen millington play in the past and their complex running plays are my biggest concern. I think that WH defense will not be overpowered by any team in the state but I think that if the WH coaching staff can figure out the wing T, then we will win. If we can not do a good scouting job, then millington will win. I think it is that simple.

kwc, i have a question, maybe you can answer. How many Wing T teams has Whaven played against this year? I just don't know what teams around here are still running wingT.

Houston runs the Wing-T, but not exclusively. I think Collierville runs it as well, to some degree. I think Germantown run an offense that is similar. That would be it on the Whitehaven schedule I believe. I think the defensive coaches @ WHS have seen enough Wing-T offenses to get the guys ready. Whitehaven and Millington have some pretty stout defenses. Millington's is rated 3rd and Whitehaven's is rated 4th amongst the local teams. Both defenses are amoung the best in the state ... this will be a war. The contrasting styles on offense will be interesting.

I am so thrilled to see that hightower will be back for this game, he is a real game breaker. I have seen millington play in the past and their complex running plays are my biggest concern. I think that WH defense will not be overpowered by any team in the state but I think that if the WH coaching staff can figure out the wing T, then we will win. If we can not do a good scouting job, then millington will win. I think it is that simple.

Have confidence in the WHS defensive coaching staff because they are very good. You don't have a steller defense, like the one Whitehaven has, without the defensive coaches knowing how to prepare the defensive players for an up and comming opponent. They will be ready ... trust me. I agree ... the WHS defense will not be overpowered by anyone. This will be a war. I love the fact that our LB corp is so seasoned ... senior, senior, junior ... and this isn't their first year playing together ... oh yeah ... the 'D' will be ready for whatever the Millington offense throws at them.

I am also excited about Hightower's return. Man ... he's electrifying!

Don't stay away so long lasal2000 ... we have missed your input on the board.

In the words of D-Webb (WHS MLB) on the song he wrote .... "Respect the Haven!!!!"

They don't pass because most of the time, they don't have to throw the ball ......

I've seen Millington play once, and Whitehaven two or three times. Here's my opinion:

Millington WILL have to pass the ball effectively to defeat Whitehaven. They simply will not be able to just line up and ram the ball down Whitehaven's throat. Sure, Millington's running game will have its moments; they will just be much fewer and farther between than normal.

Whitehaven WILL have to pass (and CATCH....the WRs tend to drop a lot of balls) the ball effectively to defeat Millington, although I believe that Whitehaven will have more success running the ball on Millington than normal...especially if RB Hightowwer is healthy.

At the end of the day, I truely believe that this game is gonna come down to turnovers and Millington's ability to defend Whitehaven's prolific passing game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitehaven 14 .............. Millington 10

Nice to hear from you again TraderB. Good analysis of that game imo.

I agree...on both counts.

My thought is pretty simple, the defenses don't go against each other. They're tasked with stopping the other teams offense. I feel like Millingtons offense may be too one dimensional to see alot of success agains WH. Assuming WH receivers catch the ball, they're offense will be balanced. Consequently, I tend to agree with a 14-10 kind of game, with WH coming out on top.

well all i can say is im rdy for friday night. Il be at the game. As for who will win well you can never really tell although im going for millington. Millington has had 1 really close game and that was against bolton but... the rain pretty much evened out the running game. Other than that millington has had there way with mostly everyone else. So this will be a good test for both teams.

well all i can say is im rdy for friday night. Il be at the game. As for who will win well you can never really tell although im going for millington. Millington has had 1 really close game and that was against bolton but... the rain pretty much evened out the running game. Other than that millington has had there way with mostly everyone else. So this will be a good test for both teams.

Well well well, what do we have here? A brand spanking new poster. Welcome aboard millingtonfan2007. Your very first post! Come on in. Sit a spell. Get comfy.

Welcome to Coacht.

Well well well, what do we have here? A brand spanking new poster. Welcome aboard millingtonfan2007. Your very first post! Come on in. Sit a spell. Get comfy.

Welcome to Coacht.

I hope this game lives up to the billing we are giving it and i hope we have as much good things to stay about the game once it is over. I am glad to see the excitment over west Tn 5A game because i get tired of only reading about how good middle and east Tn football is. Lets send our best this year and bring home a title to West TN.

I hope this game lives up to the billing we are giving it and i hope we have as much good things to stay about the game once it is over. I am glad to see the excitment over west Tn 5A game because i get tired of only reading about how good middle and east Tn football is. Lets send our best this year and bring home a title to West TN.

You guys both have good teams, it's going to be a great game. If I were not going to be at the Spartans/Mustangs game I would be there for sure.

And cam6, I couldn't agree more, I want my team to win, but by gosh I will be pulling for one of you guys if we don't. I have already decided to go to the finals no matter which team gets out of W. TN alive. Whoever gets there needs the support from all of us, NONE of us gets much respect beyond Shelby County.

And millingtonfan2007 welcome, it would be nice to have more posters from around here. kwc is getting tired of the rest of us !