IMAC...?...

DevilMan03

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovewatchinhoops....

Maybe you should check YOUR facts.

#1 The head coach's name is WRIGHT. (Sullivan is the freshmen coach).

#2 Brian Coy quit so he could become a better football player.

#3 The "6'7"" you mention is only 6'5", did not even try out in the spring, transfered to Morrisotown West over the summer, and then transfered back to East 3 days before the season starts....not to mention out of shape. He also was only on the team the privious year under the "project" title. He is a good kid. Just not a basketball player.

#4 The IMAC (besides perenniel Greeneville) is not much different than the league he came from.

PLEASE post with valid information....not misinformation.

well overated greeneville lost 2 a not very good jeff. county team and morristown west will be on the rise with a new system n place

• 2 weeks later...

East is the doormat of the IMAC this year. I've heard about the west transfer who didn't make it at east even with his size many times. But also, from the rumors I've heard, a 6'4 forward transfer from cherokee was mysteriously cut after a solid week of practice. But rumors are rumors, or are they?

After discussing it with several people at the East games, there seems to be a whole lot more to the West transfer's not making the team than his ability to play or his size. I have heard everything from "he is being punished for transferring to West High School" to "he didn't make the team because of politics". Whatever the reason, I don't think getting more size in the mix is really going to help East High's team at this point. Getting beaten by twenty and thirty points a game seems to be wearing on the players and their spirits. However, East does have some young talent, especially Tee Howell. He is a really smooth player but he can't do it alone. Also, Garrett Cook has really stepped up this year and has made East a little more competitive. But, until players learn to work together as a team, no team anywhere can expect to win.

Should be an interesting 2-3 weeks in the conference..

Looks as if it'll come down to Greeneville, Cocke County and Morristown West at the top of the league.

If Cocke County beats Jefferson County on Friday, they'll head into the game against Greeneville on the 11th with an 8-game win streak.

Is that game at Cocke County? Because if it is, I'm sure the refs will be more than happy to single-handedly extend Cocke County's winning streak (not to mention Greeneville has been playing awful basketball).

• 2 weeks later...

Is that game at Cocke County? Because if it is, I'm sure the refs will be more than happy to single-handedly extend Cocke County's winning streak (not to mention Greeneville has been playing awful basketball).

Sure was a rough and rowdy night at CC (including both JV games and the girls games as well) but that was expected. Greeneville is finally starting to gel as a team after getting their football players back into the flow. Gash is always solid. Short is becoming more consistent and Pendleton's threes are coming more easily. If everyone boxed out like Lance Bailey, the opposing team would never get a rebound. Sophmore Wes Quarles is steadily showing the signs of the excellent player he is going to be. The Devils have been off to a bit of a shaky start but they are strengthening each week. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Duncan's boys don't pull out another conference championship.