IMAC...?...

DevilMan03

It's all just the luck (or lack there of) of the draw for the local teams. With the teams that they bring in these days, we are almost all expected to be sacrificial lambs eventually. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> And that's ok with me. I love to see the talent come in and our boys won't see the level of competition they will see in this tournament until (or if) they reach the State Tournament.

Speaking of luck of the draw, Your boys didn't have much at the Land-Air classic...Bearden in the first round...ouch /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of luck of the draw, Your boys didn't have much at the Land-Air classic...Bearden in the first round...ouch /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Tell me about it. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I was proud of them because they didn’t back down, but they were WAY out gunned. Good gut check early for our team though. That experience will pay dividends within our conference. It looked like you guys however pulled the long straw. Not much of a test for the boys in Green. Are there any big contributors out for football?

Tell me about it. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I was proud of them because they didn’t back down, but they were WAY out gunned. Good gut check early for our team though. That experience will pay dividends within our conference. It looked like you guys however pulled the long straw. Not much of a test for the boys in Green. Are there any big contributors out for football?

Lance Bailey...is the only one my tired old brain can come up with right now...would love to see Greenway suit up.

Tell me about it. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I was proud of them because they didn???t back down, but they were WAY out gunned. Good gut check early for our team though. That experience will pay dividends within our conference. It looked like you guys however pulled the long straw. Not much of a test for the boys in Green. Are there any big contributors out for football?

Cap, Just kidding around. I have known Dale for thirty-two years and he was very good to me at TH as a young coach. I know they do a public draw at Arby's and it's part of the show. I think we do a private coaches office draw here in Greeneville. We have to because as you saw the Devils have to move on for this Tourney to be successful.

If TH wasn't even in the ARBy's literally 1000's would show up.

Barb, here are the guys not yet out. Bailey starter, Quarrells evential starter?, Eply defensive sub, R Fillers about number 2nd or 3rd sub off bench and not sure if Andy McNeese is back out?

Cap, Just kidding around. I have known Dale for thirty-two years and he was very good to me at TH as a young coach. I know they do a public draw at Arby's and it's part of the show. I think we do a private coaches office draw here in Greeneville. We have to because as you saw the Devils have to move on for this Tourney to be successful.

Barb, here are the guys not yet out. Bailey starter, Quarrells evential starter?, Eply defensive sub, R Fillers about number 2nd or 3rd sub off bench and not sure if Andy McNeese is back out?

I expect Quarles to be strong off the bench at least early, although his height might come in handy starting once he gets his bball legs.

I don't have to watch him in practice to see what kind of a coach he is. To lose a game by almost sixty points and give a quote to the Johnson City press that his team has "to work on how to work harder. They don???t know the effort it takes to win games??? doesn't sound like someone who is trying to build a team. It sounds like someone who is playing the blame game. Furthermore, he is not my coach. I don't have any children or grandchildren who play on either the girl's or the boy's team. I just enjoy watching basketball. Have you watched him in practice? If so, you must have a great deal of inside information about the program that the rest of us don't. I look forward to seeing your posts in the future. Also, I don't think not wanting to work hard is always a reason why some players don't return when a new coach takes over and on this issue, I think you and a lot of other people give coaches too much credit. I certainly hope that East improves. Only time will tell.

OK, I just have to interject a few thoughts. If you think that everyone is blind and does not know who you are, then you are flat wrong. Let us look at some points....

There are lots of coaches who get blown out by the Science Hills and Dobyns-Bennetts of the world. Coach Wright had just gotten several of the football players back on the court a few days prior and they were still learning those players strengths and weaknesses. That game served more as a time to evaluate players than it was anything else. Let's see how they do come tournament time.

The Canes lost by only 6 to the 3-time defending state champions from Mississippi on Tuesday. There were several players that were around 6'8 and a couple of the guys were 6'10. (3 of the players have signed with D1 schools) Apparently the 60-point loss served as motivation and it worked well for the Canes. Maybe Coach Wright knows what he is doing.

The bottom line....

You can not seem to handle the fact that three different coaches, Calvin Decker, Mike Wright, and Tony Gordon, have all decided that this project is not good enough to play on the high school level. I am not 100 percent sure, but didn't Coach Decker keep this kid and work with him? You threw him under the bus in a earlier post. You are doing nothing more than trying to further your vendetta on a website.

Any person that has ever coached a day in his life knows that the toughest time a new coach has is in his first year at a new school. Coach Wright and Coach Gordon both had to make tough decisions about who they should keep and who they should cut. Those two coaches will be fine. Both were highly recommended when they received their positions with the schools.

I saw an earlier post that mentioned that this young man is highly thought of as a person. Unless you believe that this young man is going to have an NBA future, give it a rest and enjoy your son for what he is instead of what he is not. There are more important things in life than holding a grudge against a basketball coach or three.....

Consderin we had a winning year 3 years ago.. We are not West greene or North greene..... but 2-0 so far. Greeneville is wat? yea lost to a under handed Knox Catholic team... the same team this summer that we beat by 20.. without brad.. Beat Greeneville starting 5 this summer to playing around at tusclum.. we didnt have 3 of Starters one of the kids who played never played basketball but 3 times.... but Congrats on the win... You helped us cause Cradic still had his football legs.. but Good luck this season in the imac.. which im callin the cherokee to win it....

You might as well be North or West, none of you can play. I'm so glad your facts are correct as well. You don't even know who you played over the summer? Obviously you have no idea about your own basketball team. And as far as I know, the only team you might have beaten at Tusculum would be the freshman. Your postings here are almost (but not quite) as ignorant as your posts on the other thread we talked on. By the way, Greeneville won a tight one tonight against a very strong Roanoke Catholic team. You probably would have already known that, but your team isn't good enough to get invited to the Land-Air Classic. I highly doubt you have seen Cherokee or Greeneville play which leaves me to ask this question; how can you predict an IMAC winner?

I have similar thoughts here noonesfool. Bailey will start when he comes back and I expect strong contributions from the others. Quarrells can play guard and is helped by his height. Epley, as you said, plays strong, tenacious defense and will see significant minutes. And Fillers is an athletic guard who can drive hard to the bucket. I'm really not sure about McNeese yet however. I expect the other three to see significant time off the bench, and maybe once again as you said, we might see Quarrells start. I can see Greeneville making a strong end of the year push once they get all the football players back and the team finds their chemistry and the newer players settle into the system.

OK, I just have to interject a few thoughts. If you think that everyone is blind and does not know who you are, then you are flat wrong. Let us look at some points....

There are lots of coaches who get blown out by the Science Hills and Dobyns-Bennetts of the world. Coach Wright had just gotten several of the football players back on the court a few days prior and they were still learning those players strengths and weaknesses. That game served more as a time to evaluate players than it was anything else. Let's see how they do come tournament time.

The Canes lost by only 6 to the 3-time defending state champions from Mississippi on Tuesday. There were several players that were around 6'8 and a couple of the guys were 6'10. (3 of the players have signed with D1 schools) Apparently the 60-point loss served as motivation and it worked well for the Canes. Maybe Coach Wright knows what he is doing.

The bottom line....

You can not seem to handle the fact that three different coaches, Calvin Decker, Mike Wright, and Tony Gordon, have all decided that this project is not good enough to play on the high school level. I am not 100 percent sure, but didn't Coach Decker keep this kid and work with him? You threw him under the bus in a earlier post. You are doing nothing more than trying to further your vendetta on a website.

Any person that has ever coached a day in his life knows that the toughest time a new coach has is in his first year at a new school. Coach Wright and Coach Gordon both had to make tough decisions about who they should keep and who they should cut. Those two coaches will be fine. Both were highly recommended when they received their positions with the schools.

I saw an earlier post that mentioned that this young man is highly thought of as a person. Unless you believe that this young man is going to have an NBA future, give it a rest and enjoy your son for what he is instead of what he is not. There are more important things in life than holding a grudge against a basketball coach or three.....

First of all, I don't know who you think I am but I am not anyone's parent from the team. My child did play for Morristown East many many years ago, but I continued to follow the game just because I enjoy the sport. Believe me, in the years I have been watching Morristown East basketball, I have seen many coaches come and go and since football, not basketball, is a piority in this town, there will be many more come and go without much fanfare or hoopla.

I don't know the young man you are speaking of. Someone simply commented about him to me when I was at the Heritage game and I said that East sure did lack some size. But, after reading this post, I did call a riend of mine whose son plays for West. He said that the young man had made the West team and was declared ineligible because of where he lived. So, that tells me that Coach Gordon did find potential in this kid but he just didn't get the chance to realize it. So, the kid goes to East but can't make the team. Whose talking about grudges now?

As for the NBA, what percentage of the players out there now are planning careers with the NBA? I haven't seen one player from either Morristown team who is of the caliber enough to make it that far. Get real...this is a high school basketball team in a small Tennessee town. Coaches who think their players are NBA material need to get a reality check of their own and should spend less time on these message boards (hear that dsgotgame) and more time coaching their teams. The mentality that every kid has to be the next Michael Jordon really excludes a lot of kids from playing and many of these kids need sports as an outlet to keep them from getting in trouble. They may not be the best, but being a part of that team does something for a kid who could get into some trouble in life.

Oh, and as for the loss to the school in MIssissippi...a loss is still a loss. Close doesn't count in basketball. One person is the winner and one is the loser. Come back and post when you've got a win to talk about or when you're not trying to run down some kid or trying to use all of your psychology skills to figure out who is who on these posts.

The bottom line....

I have heard several accusations made on this thread regarding the kid who was the special "project" at East High last year. I have also noticed where "luvwatchinghoops" has been accused of being the parent of the boy. Well, to clear things up, we are the parents of the boy of whom everyone is speaking. We did not even know what "Coach T" was until last week when people kept telling us that they thought our son was being talked about on the IMAC message board. So, with that in mind, we decided to take a look and are appalled at what we found.

First, to set the record straight, our son is a good kid. In fact, he is an excellent kid. He is a good student, never gets into trouble, works a part time job, and loves to farm. I think anyone would be hard-pressed to find someone who would speak badly about him. He doesn't gossip about others, he shows compassion for others, and he, and the rest of our family, have never let race or religion prevent him from offering someone his friendship. He is not aggressive, he doesn't talk a lot, but he has a great sense of humor. He went to West High for a while to be with his friends, not to play basketball. But, he tried out for the team, made it, and worked with them all summer. However, after someone came to our home, went through our trash, looked through our mail, and looked through the house windows, he was called to the office and told he wasn't eligible to play even though we weren't even living there at the time...someone else was. We were never called and never questioned. Coach Gordon did see something in him and I appreciate him for that. He didn't treat him like a "project" and our son was proud to be a part of the team. But, he just wasn't as happy at the school as he thought he would be so we allowed him to transfer back to East.

When he decided to try out for East, we knew that he would not make the team but it was his decision to try. He did try out, didn't make it, and signed up to play rec league basketball where he is having a blast doing what he wanted...to have fun while playing basketball. He did play for East last year if you want to call it that. He attended every practice, showed up every time to clean the stadium to earn his basketball shoes, went to every game, and never complained when he was the only one who didn't get to play or when he ended up having to film the majority of those games instead of dressing out with the team. At the end of the season, he said it would be his last playing at the high school level and we thought it was, until he met Coach Gordon and was so impressed by him that he gave it another shot.

I want to thank "luvwatchinghoops" for being honest and for making many comments that are so true. Basketball (as well as other sports) can give many troubled kids a sense of pride and belonging. I think that objective is often forgotten in the blind desire to win at all costs. Our son is fortunate that he has a supportive family and wide network of friends and he knows that our home has always been and will always be a place of refuge for many of these those so-called troubled kids through the years. Our only concern is that he feel good about what he does in life and that he treats other people with respect and fairness. Make no mistake, we are very proud of who he is and that pride doesn't include what he can or can't do on the basketball court. One of his teachers once described him as "the glue that holds the class together" because he was always willing to work with anyone and was never judgmental of where a person lives or how much money they may have. It seems to me that more teams could use someone like this to provide leadership even if his skill level isn't "NBA" level. We support him in whatever he chooses to do. If he wants to play, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine too. We have not shared this information about these postings with him and hope that no one else does. To be called a "project" by one of the assistant coaches in a web posting is spiteful and petty (YES, WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE 'DGOTGAME'). At any rate, the basketball program at East High won't have to worry about him anymore. He won't be anyone's "project" anymore...he'll just be our son and I hope these postings regarding him will end with our post. There are many other topics to be discussed regarding the IMAC and I am sure readers of this thread would prefer to talk about them rather than to talk about a person who isn't even playing.

With that said...I would like to get back to the topic of the IMAC with two words....GO CHEROKEE!!

I have heard several accusations made on this thread regarding the kid who was the special "project" at East High last year. I have also noticed where "luvwatchinghoops" has been accused of being the parent of the boy. Well, to clear things up, we are the parents of the boy of whom everyone is speaking. We did not even know what "Coach T" was until last week when people kept telling us that they thought our son was being talked about on the IMAC message board. So, with that in mind, we decided to take a look and are appalled at what we found.

First, to set the record straight, our son is a good kid. In fact, he is an excellent kid. He is a good student, never gets into trouble, works a part time job, and loves to farm. I think anyone would be hard-pressed to find someone who would speak badly about him. He doesn't gossip about others, he shows compassion for others, and he, and the rest of our family, have never let race or religion prevent him from offering someone his friendship. He is not aggressive, he doesn't talk a lot, but he has a great sense of humor. He went to West High for a while to be with his friends, not to play basketball. But, he tried out for the team, made it, and worked with them all summer. However, after someone came to our home, went through our trash, looked through our mail, and looked through the house windows, he was called to the office and told he wasn't eligible to play even though we weren't even living there at the time...someone else was. We were never called and never questioned. Coach Gordon did see something in him and I appreciate him for that. He didn't treat him like a "project" and our son was proud to be a part of the team. But, he just wasn't as happy at the school as he thought he would be so we allowed him to transfer back to East.

When he decided to try out for East, we knew that he would not make the team but it was his decision to try. He did try out, didn't make it, and signed up to play rec league basketball where he is having a blast doing what he wanted...to have fun while playing basketball. He did play for East last year if you want to call it that. He attended every practice, showed up every time to clean the stadium to earn his basketball shoes, went to every game, and never complained when he was the only one who didn't get to play or when he ended up having to film the majority of those games instead of dressing out with the team. At the end of the season, he said it would be his last playing at the high school level and we thought it was, until he met Coach Gordon and was so impressed by him that he gave it another shot.

I want to thank "luvwatchinghoops" for being honest and for making many comments that are so true. Basketball (as well as other sports) can give many troubled kids a sense of pride and belonging. I think that objective is often forgotten in the blind desire to win at all costs. Our son is fortunate that he has a supportive family and wide network of friends and he knows that our home has always been and will always be a place of refuge for many of these those so-called troubled kids through the years. Our only concern is that he feel good about what he does in life and that he treats other people with respect and fairness. Make no mistake, we are very proud of who he is and that pride doesn't include what he can or can't do on the basketball court. One of his teachers once described him as "the glue that holds the class together" because he was always willing to work with anyone and was never judgmental of where a person lives or how much money they may have. It seems to me that more teams could use someone like this to provide leadership even if his skill level isn't "NBA" level. We support him in whatever he chooses to do. If he wants to play, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine too. We have not shared this information about these postings with him and hope that no one else does. To be called a "project" by one of the assistant coaches in a web posting is spiteful and petty (YES, WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE 'DGOTGAME'). At any rate, the basketball program at East High won't have to worry about him anymore. He won't be anyone's "project" anymore...he'll just be our son and I hope these postings regarding him will end with our post. There are many other topics to be discussed regarding the IMAC and I am sure readers of this thread would prefer to talk about them rather than to talk about a person who isn't even playing.

With that said...I would like to get back to the topic of the IMAC with two words....GO CHEROKEE!!

And on that note, maybe the folks at East can get on with their season and stop the sniping....geez, you all sound like your on the Jeff County football board with your second guessing your coaching staff. Those boys looked okay at the Land-Air.....its early everyone is a bit rough around the edges. January will tell the tale in the IMAC....really, except for Cherokee and CC, we have all been playing football until a week or 2 ago...some of still are..hehe...Greeneville will dominate the IMAC again. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />