IMAC...?...

DevilMan03

Sure was a rough and rowdy night at CC (including both JV games and the girls games as well) but that was expected. Greeneville is finally starting to gel as a team after getting their football players back into the flow. Gash is always solid. Short is becoming more consistent and Pendleton's threes are coming more easily. If everyone boxed out like Lance Bailey, the opposing team would never get a rebound. Sophmore Wes Quarles is steadily showing the signs of the excellent player he is going to be. The Devils have been off to a bit of a shaky start but they are strengthening each week. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Duncan's boys don't pull out another conference championship.

Would've liked to seen the game without all the fouls. Both games this year have been riddled with fouls. 99 attempted free throws between the two teams in 64 minutes of basketball.

I think Greeneville can beat West both times and get back into first place.

The way Jefferson County has played the last three times out - losing a fourth quarter lead at Cocke County, thrashing East and losing another lead to Morristown West - shows that the loss to them wasn't that bad of one as it seemed at the time.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Greeneville Green Devils for their hard-earned win last night! Everything seemed to be clicking for Greeneville even though they had to overcome some ferocious rebounding from Morristown West. It was a great game to watch even though it took a while for the dazed confusion to clear from my head from the girls' loss. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Greeneville - Jeff County game Friday night. A very good game that unfortunately came down to two NON calls by the refs. I am admittedly a Jeff County fan, but the first non call allowed the game to go into overtime, and the second allowed Greeneville the chance to win.

The first non call was the fairly blatant push by the Greeneville defender as Jacob Lemming (sp?) was driving to the goal as time expired. He got a shot off, but was stumbling from the push and the shot went off target.

The second non call is a little more unusual, in the sense that as Jefferson County was trying to run the play with 30 seconds or so, Coach Duncan is at mid court halfway between the mid cout jump circle, and the sideline. ON THE COURT! And he was there for at least 10-15 seconds. He had already been warned to stay in his coaching box, so a techincal foul was not only warranted, it was absolutely in line. All three refs had to have seen him, because the Jeff County fans were screaming at them about it.

How does Duncan get away with this? I have never seen a coach that far out on the court. If Jeff County's point guard had dribbled back a little as he started the play, he could have been fouled by Duncan.

I guess I have to realize, the game was played in Greeneville. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I watched the Greeneville - Jeff County game Friday night. A very good game that unfortunately came down to two NON calls by the refs. I am admittedly a Jeff County fan, but the first non call allowed the game to go into overtime, and the second allowed Greeneville the chance to win.

The first non call was the fairly blatant push by the Greeneville defender as Jacob Lemming (sp?) was driving to the goal as time expired. He got a shot off, but was stumbling from the push and the shot went off target.

The second non call is a little more unusual, in the sense that as Jefferson County was trying to run the play with 30 seconds or so, Coach Duncan is at mid court halfway between the mid cout jump circle, and the sideline. ON THE COURT! And he was there for at least 10-15 seconds. He had already been warned to stay in his coaching box, so a techincal foul was not only warranted, it was absolutely in line. All three refs had to have seen him, because the Jeff County fans were screaming at them about it.

How does Duncan get away with this? I have never seen a coach that far out on the court. If Jeff County's point guard had dribbled back a little as he started the play, he could have been fouled by Duncan.

I guess I have to realize, the game was played in Greeneville. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Its all perspective Ray...I'm sure none of us Greeneville fans saw anything of the sort. And if the balance of the IMAC coaches are having trouble "getting away" with things maybe they should take notes when they are up against Billy D. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Well, things are going to come down to the final game of the season between Greeneville and Morristown West, but not the way that most people expected it to. Greeneville lost to Morristown East and needed help from Cherokee to help them keep pace. They got the help they needed when the Chiefs knocked off the Trojans in OT.

#1 & # 2 seeds are tied at 7-2 and the winner of next Saturday's game will get the advantage. Good thing is that both teams are automatically in the Regional Tournament.

#3 Cocke County 6-4

#4 East 4-6

#5 Jefferson County 3-7

#6 Cherokee 2-8

Should be an interesting tournament at Hal Henard.

Well, things are going to come down to the final game of the season between Greeneville and Morristown West, but not the way that most people expected it to. Greeneville lost to Morristown East and needed help from Cherokee to help them keep pace. They got the help they needed when the Chiefs knocked off the Trojans in OT.

#1 & # 2 seeds are tied at 7-2 and the winner of next Saturday's game will get the advantage. Good thing is that both teams are automatically in the Regional Tournament.

#3 Cocke County 6-4

#4 East 4-6

#5 Jefferson County 3-7

#6 Cherokee 2-8

Should be an interesting tournament at Hal Henard.

Yes it should. Especially if Greeneville is the one.

Greeneville holds a 2-2 record on the two 4/5 teams, and one of the two wins came in OT.

Let's be realistic...the IMAC refs this year have been consistently awful at every school we have played. (many times it's at least 1 or 2 out of the same trio anywhere you go in the IMAC) If I'm not mistaken, none of the refs that evening were even from Greeneville or Greene County. Regardless, they missed just as many calls that went against Greeneville that night. And I don't know how Coach Duncan gets away with the things he does, but it sure is entertaining... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />