Humboldt vs Middleton

JWhumboldt

i was at the game and middleton outplayed humboldt. i didn't really understand why humboldt's coach backed out of their full court press after taking an 8-0 lead and made the substitutions that he did. epperson sat most of the second half, hunt and wade went in and out as well; it was just a weird coached game, imo.

i think middleton played well. it looked like a rehash of last year's substate game when they led in the second half and eventually let humboldt back into the game and ultimately lost the game by 7. middleton somehow managed to hold on tonight, though.

i think both teams will make a lot of noise come tourney time and we may see them again at state?

Boykins usually doesn't even do the coaching...Last year he had that younger guy helping him out and I remember in the state tournaments when Humboldt was down to Temple the young guy was up and yelling and Boykins was sitting there with his legs crossed...I guess he figures the best teams going to win, not the best coach

Didn't make it to the game but talked to some who did......they said same thing about coaching that it didn't seem to make much sense. Sounds like Boykin is not using his players in the right places either. Had Charles Taylor playing out on the wing.......shouldve been posting up. Why isn't he using Dee Perry? Sounds like some major adjustments need to be made. It's early though.