AE @ Catholic

Digger20

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athlete's of AE against the Discipline of Catholic.

The Irish in a close one.

Discipline of Catholic? No way. I went and saw Pearl Cohn vs Howard last Friday. PC is good. They blew out a pretty good Howard team. Anyway, I read the article (West Side Shopper) yesterday where Catholic had 300 or so yards in penalized play against Gibbs. Not 30, or 100, or even 200, but 300. Three Hundred? Kriekey! Now in fairness, the writer did say that some were questionable; however, there is nothing disciplined about that statistic. Further, Catholic, IMO, has been a team this year, that has played to the level of their competition. That is not a demonstration of dicsipline.

ruse?

BTW, AE has plenty of dicsipline.

Discipline of Catholic? No way. I went and saw Pearl Cohn vs Howard last Friday. PC is good. They blew out a pretty good Howard team. Anyway, I read the article (West Side Shopper) yesterday where Catholic had 300 or so yards in penalized play against Gibbs. Not 30, or 100, or even 200, but 300. Three Hundred? Kriekey! Now in fairness, the writer did say that some were questionable; however, there is nothing disciplined about that statistic. Further, Catholic, IMO, has been a team this year, that has played to the level of their competition. That is not a demonstration of dicsipline.

ruse?

BTW, AE has plenty of dicsipline.

Yea, 11-0 so far. I don't see any discipline.

AE was put out last year by Catholic in the second round...what will happen this year?

Well if they don't water down the field (like last year), if the chain gang can keep the "S" curves outta the chains when Catholic has the ball (like last year) and if AE can hold onto the ball, then it should be a pretty close game. Hopefully Kenny Jones can play for AE they need him badly on offense. What's the status on the injured Irish players?

Well if they don't water down the field (like last year), if the chain gang can keep the "S" curves outta the chains when Catholic has the ball (like last year) and if AE can hold onto the ball, then it should be a pretty close game. Hopefully Kenny Jones can play for AE they need him badly on offense. What's the status on the injured Irish players?

They're injured. But they're doing alot of water aerobics and hydrotherapy. Makes it easier to play on that watered down field after rehab. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yea, 11-0 so far. I don't see any discipline.

HappyHour22.

11-0 is great. No doubt, and I am not suggesting that Catholic does not have "any discipline." In fact, I am not suggesting anything. The fact is, that a team that plays without consistency does lack discipline. The fact is, that a team that has 300 or so yards in penalized play does lack dicsipline. And yes, the fact is... Catholic is 11-0....I know, I know.

ruse?

HappyHour22.

11-0 is great. No doubt, and I am not suggesting that Catholic does not have "any discipline." In fact, I am not suggesting anything. The fact is, that a team that plays without consistency does lack discipline. The fact is, that a team that has 300 or so yards in penalized play does lack dicsipline. And yes, the fact is... Catholic is 11-0....I know, I know.

ruse?

I think the 300 yards wasn't penalty yards but rather yards lost due to penalties. For example, Lindsey had a 93 yard TD wiped out by a holding penalty. It wasn't a 93 yard penalty but rather a 3.5 yard penalty. Part of the penalty problem was a result of people playing out of position due to injuries.

I think the 300 yards wasn't penalty yards but rather yards lost due to penalties. For example, Lindsey had a 93 yard TD wiped out by a holding penalty. It wasn't a 93 yard penalty but rather a 3.5 yard penalty. Part of the penalty problem was a result of people playing out of position due to injuries.

IrishBBall.

It can be rationalized. So too can the my 5th wife leaving me. If I had my 5th wife, I would'nt have needed my sixth, now would I? If Catholic had those 300 yards on the stat sheet, and not in whatever category of statisical pergatory you want to put them in, then the #1 ranked team in the 3A might have done a little better than 26-17 against a 3-7 four seed. Now, there might have been a kid for a series, at the most two, playing out of position, but I doubt it. If that's the case, then Pemberton ain't the coach I thought he was. That is unlikely. Those penalties or poor play or whatever, are #2's finding out that the game is a bit faster on Friday night than it is on Monday afternoon in the JV game. In the end, who cares. I hope the kids heal up, and if they are not ready, then the #2's better be because there is no sympathy, empathy, or rationalization afforded or allowed at this point in the season.

ruse?

IrishBBall.

It can be rationalized. So too can the my 5th wife leaving me. If I had my 5th wife, I would'nt have needed my sixth, now would I? If Catholic had those 300 yards on the stat sheet, and not in whatever category of statisical pergatory you want to put them in, then the #1 ranked team in the 3A might have done a little better than 26-17 against a 3-7 four seed. Now, there might have been a kid for a series, at the most two, playing out of position, but I doubt it. If that's the case, then Pemberton ain't the coach I thought he was. That is unlikely. Those penalties or poor play or whatever, are #2's finding out that the game is a bit faster on Friday night than it is on Monday afternoon in the JV game. In the end, who cares. I hope the kids heal up, and if they are not ready, then the #2's better be because there is no sympathy, empathy, or rationalization afforded or allowed at this point in the season.

ruse?

I thought something was wrong a mis-print or something.... there's no way a team could be penalized 300 yrds in one football game. I have seen both teams play this and the last few years as I'm sure you have ruse? and Catholic is as strong as they where when Smith played. Losing Tait when they played my beloved Wildcats was a huge loss and even a bigger tragedy, but Catholic is still the best team I have seen this year in 3A. And should finally get to the boro. I mean it's not set in stone but they should handle AE and move on to I think AC.

IrishBBall.

ruse?

Not rationalizing or making excuses. The point is/was that the paper was making the point that we had over 300 yards in penalties which is simply not true. The "93 yard penalty" was in fact only 3.5 yards and we later went on to score that same drive. You're exactly right the #2s, and in several cases the #3s, were thrust into a tough situation. Gibbs played very well and was able to take advantage of a good situation. Keep in mind that Fulton only led Rutledge 8-0 after capitalizing on an opening on-side kick and no one scored again until the 4th quarter. Bottom line is all 4 district teams came out with a win and the slate is wiped clean across the state for this week's games. Point spreads or margins of victory don't mean alot right now. Give me any kind of win at this point whether it be lucky, undisciplined or whatever.

I thought something was wrong a mis-print or something.... there's no way a team could be penalized 300 yrds in one football game. I have seen both teams play this and the last few years as I'm sure you have ruse? and Catholic is as strong as they where when Smith played. Losing Tait when they played my beloved Wildcats was a huge loss and even a bigger tragedy, but Catholic is still the best team I have seen this year in 3A. And should finally get to the boro. I mean it's not set in stone but they should handle AE and move on to I think AC.

Hey Rocking Man.

Tough year for the Wildcats. I hear Cates is doing well up at Princeton. Not surprised. Did not get a chance to make it out to my favorite concession stand this year. Thought about stopping by to get the best steak sandwich in TN on the way to see Ensworth (Tavares Jefferson can play, and he would look better playing @ Oak Ridge where he was supposed to)) play earlier this year, but....I did'nt. Yeah, I think Catholic is good enough to get there. It just depends on which team shows up. I've seen them three times this year between TV and in person. Saw them destroy Morristown West, and then get by AE and Fulton. They shut out Fulton, nearly get beat by AC. They beat AE, nearly get beat by Kingston. They beat Scott Co. 50 something to single digits, and then get pushed pretty hard by Gibbs (who by the way lost to Scott Co. by 40).

To me, and I know I'm pretty old school, but discipline drives consistency. 300 lost yards is 300 lost yards. I understand what IrishBBall is saying. Roughly a 100 yards in penalties, and another 200 because of let's say 93 on the called back run, 25 x 4 on pass, run, return yardage brought back. 100 yards of penalties is a lot of yards in a high school game. A whole lot for a "disciplined" team. Period. Yes, they lost a good one with Tait who was probably the best young drive blocker I've seen in 20 years, but the good news is, they seem to be able to throw the ball.

Now, if you want to have some fun, go over to the Fulton/AC thread, and chide Photoman with your AC prediction:)

ruse?