Knox Halls @ Red Bank

Pirateman894

Red Bank played an almost perfect game last night, I think we didnt make them punt all night. Their defense was very good as well. Sanchez played like a man among boys and it showed, he might have had 20 tackles last night. McDuffie was probably one of the best players I have seen this year. Good Luck to You All this friday against Maryville.

Halls on the other hand knows that they did not play their best game of the season. It stinks to lose your last one that way because you always wonder if it could have been different. I think that we could have ran with Red Bank and almost did when we were driving on them in the 2nd quarter, but execution was the biggest problem all night. Play calling was not the problem, we just didnt get the job done. But enough about last night lets focus on the big picture, Halls won 8 games for the first time in 10 years, got to the 2nd round of the playoffs,1st time in 7 years. Wesley Kitts played unbelieveable all season and Dayton really impressed me as he matured throughout the season. Plunk and Aaron Blair led the line this season and will be missed greatly. Jake Carr held down the middle of the field. Gunter stepped up and played well this season. Hughes impressed me so much this season not only with his play but his leadership. And you cant say enought about Reece Kelly, to play as well as he did and to come back in such a short time, its a script that Hollywood would reject because it seems too extraordinary. To tell me that we would have finished 8-4 this season after watching us scrimmage William Blount in the spring I might have laughed at you, or punched you in the face, but Halls believed and came together as a team and the success came with it. I am so proud of you guys and the respect that you brought back to our little slice of football in Halls. I cant wait to see the things to come from these rising seniors and juniors and hopefully they will continue to enstill the values that our seniors portrayed this season. "IT" is coming back to Halls and thanks to you seniors for showing us.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you boys for a very exciting year of football.The way yall came together as a team is awsume!!!I have said it before" PROUD OF ALL OF YOU" Hold your heads high and be proud of yourselfs and your team mates!Yes we will lose some key players,however I believe there is some under classman who have proved that they will give it their all to fill the spots..Pix, Hodge, Fitz.,McGill,just to name a few....We will for sure miss the seniors and I for one want to thank them for all their help and guidence with the underclassmen...It shows that you boys are truly a class act and I am proud to know each and everyone of you...I wish you boys well in what ever path you take from this point on

And to THOMAS9....If you play the way you played us Fri. night Maryville will be licking their wounds on Sat. morning ..Good luck to both teams and thank you for welcoming us to your house to play ball

ZCAR,

You are truly a credit to the Red Devil nation. Thank you for standing up, being a man and showing your TRUE Red Devil pride!

Again, congrats to the players, coaches and fans of the Devils for an outstanding season. I said 7-3 and with a little luck 8-2. Next August after watching spring practice and summer workouts, I'll have another prediction.

halls fans, seriously, how do you think we match up with maryville? please give honest answers, we never bashed u guys and i just reall want to know from a team that has played both of us what ur opinion is.

thanks

Some of us have debated that point. Here are some random thoughts.

A few think that you won't be able to stop Maryville's QB, who is uncanny in his ability to find the open man. The importance of the loss of Benford will be magnified against Maryville. It seems to me that one key will be MHS's ability to hold off your excellent D linemen. BTW, who is no. 72 on the O line? He's a monster.

If you are really as good as you showed Friday night, then my personal opinion is that Maryville is in trouble. I like the way your QB gets in position and hits his receivers on timed routes. Maryville, unless some of them are hurt, has some good DB's though.

Halls laid an egg, meaning we didn't play up to our ability. Mind you, it would have taken a perfect game for us to beat RB.

I didn't see much from your running game, which is more of a weakness for Maryville. If RB can establish a run, then that's another worry for Maryville.

Maybe Ironman80 will share his thoughts. He's a lot better at analyzing these things than I am.

With all that said, it's going to be a fun game to watch.

halls fans, seriously, how do you think we match up with maryville? please give honest answers, we never bashed u guys and i just reall want to know from a team that has played both of us what ur opinion is.

thanks

I think it comes down to both offensive lines, who plays better, who can run the ball.

Both teams have excellent coaching, play good fast D & special teams, & throw very well.

Both teams pass protect their QB very well.

Heres my take on the matchups.

O-RB = Even

O-WR - Edge = M (only by numbers of great WRs M=3, RB =2)

O-QB - Edge = M (but not as big of an edge over RB as people think)

O-Line = Slight Edge RB

D-Line - Edge=RB

DBs = Edge RB

Base Coaching = Even

Coaching (Timely Surprises) - Big Edge M

Special Teams = slight Edge M

Prediction = Maryville by 4 with "special play"

ZCAR,

You are truly a credit to the Red Devil nation. Thank you for standing up, being a man and showing your TRUE Red Devil pride!

Again, congrats to the players, coaches and fans of the Devils for an outstanding season. I said 7-3 and with a little luck 8-2. Next August after watching spring practice and summer workouts, I'll have another prediction.

Thanks LSMFT still hurting over the game. But I do think with the experience this squad now has the skys the limit. Work hard in the off season and full speed ahead.

Thanks LSMFT still hurting over the game. But I do think with the experience this squad now has the skys the limit. Work hard in the off season and full speed ahead.

I think what you will see is the result of having a consistent offensive system in place for the past 4 years. The players understand the ins and outs and will be able to execute when teams scheme against it. Central and Maryville are not that complex on offense. Most coaches have a good idea what they are going to do. Both have been running the same or a similar system for many years and the kids are able to execute it to perfection. Look for Halls to continue improvement on the offensive side of the ball. I am of the opinion that the defense is what Coach Julian and his staff will be the most concerned with. Certainly this past years defense wasn't up to normal Halls standards. I think Halls will be a consistent play-off team and average 8 wins per season as long as the Coaching staff stays in place. I look for them to replace Central as the Brides maid in the Region as long as Maryville is around.