Morristown West at Sullivan South

pumpkinhead1989

Welcome all our 5A brethern from Highland High. You know you don't have to ask no stupid questions...just open the fridge and get you some Rebel Aid. We drunk all that Injun Lixer from '06...so don't even look for that. Don't pay no 'tention to that Devil Bird (Crowe) in there...that was 'specially for y'all for '07 just in case we got to play you! We shore do miss a burnin' down the TeePee and such. Well I sure do hope you beat Farragut. They got them little propane heaters at Nothern Tool for not too much. I might go get one. Make sure you wear your colors so's we will know who's supporting us. Fletcher gets a big test tonight. It was a packed house for the 3rd round with the Trojans in '05. The last couple of weeks have been sparse. C'mon Pactolus...you need to support your Rebels! The Tribe wouldn't dare let that happen...especially in Curt's banner year.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread ain't no fun! You West people don't talk near as much smack as the East people did. Guess that's cause you have more class. Good luck to the Rebs and let's hope for an injury free game. But, West fans, we welcome a little jawin if you ain't skeared! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Rebs 35 Trojans 20.

Really...them East people still smacking them lips. Complaining about how, "South (Whining and sniffling) only scored on turnovers...it ain't fair". Well to all you "Hurcuns" maybe you should have looked at the statistics of how many turnovers we convert to scores for the whole season. Well you take away the turnovers...well you take away Fletchers big runs...well you take away the rain...well you take away...well you take...well you...well. Well...I guess that's the difference between MoEast and MoWest...West has class. And West...we still mad about '05. Man yall were good that year...Maryville must have been outrageous! Got to say MoEast slowed Curt down. He's about PO'd over it. So look out West. He's going to looking for blood.

Am I on a football message board or is this a checkers message board?

Last time I watched a football game there were fumbles and INTs, that is part of the game, is it not?

It is the offense's job to take care of the ball and score and the defense's job to try in take it away from the offense and give it back to thier offense or even better score themselves.

So why all this talk about the Rebels CREATING turnovers? I thought that is what they were suppose to do. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Crazy me! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Thanks hogonice and rebeltothecore, we will be there in full support!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Might even go to pick up some columbia blue to wear?

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!

ROLL REBS ROLL!

Yeah GrayGhost put cha maroon stuff on but on top of that get that baby blue stuff out so we'll know where you stand! Besides, you look mahavelous in baby blue! Read your post with interest. Good stuff there. You know, We've all gotten soft watchin football on tv. I find myself lookin for the REDZONE colored in and the first down yellow line all put there just for me to see. Like them instant replays that show who knocked that ball loose and who fell on it. Seems like from your description, you know the way REAL football is to be played. Some of these guys sound like my wife watchin a game. "Honey, why are they all a fallin in a pile over that ball? How come that boy knocked it out of the otherns hand? That ain't nice. You mean they got turnovers on the field? They don't have napkins except that one boy who's got a towel standing in the center and his is plumb around back where he can't get at it!" Cheezeeeeeeeeee.

that depends, were you trying to be and smart alleck? or was the smiley face for my holding comment?

but i wasnt eligible to go to gardner webb so i went to carson newman. tore my mcl and quit going to class like an idiot. now i'm at walters state and hopefully will be at tn tech soon.

The /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> was for the holding comment.

I knew there was a kid that was being looked at big time on one of the lines (O or D?). From your screen name I figured you might know who (you?) and where.

Last time I watched a football game there were fumbles and INTs, that is part of the game, is it not?

It is the offense's job to take care of the ball and score and the defense's job to try in take it away from the offense and give it back to thier offense or even better score themselves.

So why all this talk about the Rebels CREATING turnovers? I thought that is what they were suppose to do. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Crazy me! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Great expanation of Defense, Ghost, ---this Vol2010 implies that we have scored 127 pts off tunovers in the last 3 games--that's 18 turnovers, by my calculation. I must have missed some of these at the game, but if it were accurate, WOW, our defense, like you say, must be doing their job, you think??? Do you have a couple of free days you could travel west and try to meet with Vol2010 and explain the concept of Defense, Turnovers---Offense, guarding against turnovers------ I should have played more football in my youth-----maybe theirs something he knows that I just don't understand---

REBELTOTHECORE

Nah , I am not a sore loser--I just don't like to lose. I said South had a good team

and Curt looked good. What else I saw at the game was South scoring 4 td's off

East's 3 fumbles and 1 interception. If you were there I believe you saw the same

thing. Maybe the Greeneville loss was a fluke . I am not offering any excuses for

M-East's loss--just telling it like I saw it. There is no excuse for laying the ball on

the ground by a running back. And-it takes a good team to come back from what

I thought was a sure winner I will say also South better not overlook M-West.

Snow or no snow !

I could probably find out---but could you tell me how many time Mo-East punted, vs how many times South punted.

I really don't know, but that would be interesting to know.

I could probably find out---but could you tell me how many time Mo-East punted, vs how many times South punted.

I really don't know, but that would be interesting to know.

I looked it up---East punted 4 times and South punted 4 times. The Total Offensive output for each team was about the same---South's advantage by about 40 yds-------first downs were about the same---advantage South by 2, i think.

So, Johnny B, you're climbing back into my respect circle, as you are right on with your analysis that the interception for a touchdown and 3 lost fumbles do, theoretically, add up to at least 20 pts in the game. But, again, that's what the Def.'s job is and your offense didn't do their job--didn't hold on to the ball.----Credit---South Defense.

Pls see GrayGhost earlier posts where he explains this concept very well.

Quit making excuses and ---Johnny B. Good!!!!

rebeltothecore, this Vol2010 is not being a realist. He is being sarcastic. Maybe you should meet with a 7th grade English teacher so he/she could explain to you the meaning of sarcasim and the ways in which it is used.

Hey, thanks for calling my attn to that----As I read it again, I can see it now, ---I really bit on that one, didn't I. I suppose I am too defensive. Actually, it would have helped if you had used some of the icons ( /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) and then I might have realized that at the time. It will not help to meet with a 7th grade English Teacher, as my mother was a long-time English teacher and as that is my profession as well, and we really don't teach Sarcasm-I until about the 9th grade in the county public schools. Now, if you are more privileged and happen to live in the DB or Science Hill district (City Schools which have more money to pay their teachers) -- they, I think, start Sarcasm in about the 3rd grade and have Advanced level and even Honors Level Sarcasm by the time one reaches the 9th grade, so you, if you went/go to those schools, you might be much more proficient at it.

Ahhhh- I must go, the bell just rang, and I must get back to my English Class-----we're playing Dodge-Ball today---builds alot of Character, you know. Speaking of Dodge-Ball---did you watch the movie---Oh, I digress--sorry--see ya, off to class, Bye.

Hey, thanks for calling my attn to that----As I read it again, I can see it now, ---I really bit on that one, didn't I. I suppose I am too defensive. Actually, it would have helped if you had used some of the icons ( /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ) and then I might have realized that at the time. It will not help to meet with a 7th grade English Teacher, as my mother was a long-time English teacher and as that is my profession as well, and we really don't teach Sarcasm-I until about the 9th grade in the county public schools. Now, if you are more privileged and happen to live in the DB or Science Hill district (City Schools which have more money to pay their teachers) -- they, I think, start Sarcasm in about the 3rd grade and have Advanced level and even Honors Level Sarcasm by the time one reaches the 9th grade, so you, if you went/go to those schools, you might be much more proficient at it.

Ahhhh- I must go, the bell just rang, and I must get back to my English Class-----we're playing Dodge-Ball today---builds alot of Character, you know. Speaking of Dodge-Ball---did you watch the movie---Oh, I digress--sorry--see ya, off to class, Bye.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />