McMinn Central

When you are beating weaker teams there is no drama. Trust me I don't want to see any drama. I would love to she these girls win it all.. At Tellico, at Tyner, and at Brainerd Very tuff places to play.. Like I said not enough balls to go around.. These girls are close but not as close as the 2003-2004 team that finished 2nd. Some say they folded under the pressure. Not me LA was the best team that year.. Look at who played that year. It was the best starting 5 to every hit the floor at Central...

at the time maybe they was the best... but do remember,, they had lots of drama themselves also,, the girls will have to work it out among themselves and Morgan will do what he does best.. COACH!!! I think these next two to three years will be very interesting... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not on here to bash the coach. He is a great coach. Just don't put the cart before the horse

Have you seen the genuis of this coach. He knows how to break players down, build them up, put combinations together that creates success in the end. This is what I am saying, there is never a cart before the horse, just a smart man holding the mane. Good Luck Chargerettes, and I hope the year is fun and productive. By the way Morgan has a great assistant as well.

Goodness guys, Morgan wasnt "born no yesterday". There is not a girls team in the state, from a to aaa to the worst to the state champs, that DONT have drama!!! You cant have as successful a career as a man who, IF HE WISHES, could rival most wins as any coach in the country!!! I hope he reconizes this an puts in another 10 years! I know he would make coach farmer proud if he did!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Goodness guys, Morgan wasnt "born no yesterday". There is not a girls team in the state, from a to aaa to the worst to the state champs, that DONT have drama!!! You cant have as successful a career as a man who, IF HE WISHES, could rival most wins as any coach in the country!!! I hope he reconizes this an puts in another 10 years! I know he would make coach farmer proud if he did!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

AMEN<<<<<< nicely put

Morgan has no control over the drama of these girls... They need a leader that will get in someones face when they get out of line... GJ has it in her if she will do it... These girls came into high school with alot of pressure on them. It wasn't the town that put it on them it was the parents.. Take a little advice from a parent from the past. Enjoy every minute your child is on the floor because in a blink of an eye , a slip of the shoe it can be over..

Great insight from someone who knows. High school athletics can be over in a split second. Sometimes athletes and parents lose sight of what matters in the long term. Take it one game at a time and enjoy the experience. If being a state champion is part of that experience, great! Enjoy and have a little fun on the way!

Morgan has more control than you think. These girls, belive it or not have been friends for years. They have their good times and some bad times but when they are on the court they are a team. As for a leader, They have one and I am sure they know who it is. Seems you would like to see soome drama......... Just let them play ball.

Totally agree! These girls play their best when the relax and just play. They put enough pressure on themselves without the community and parents piling it on too! Coach Morgan has become a master at handling the girls and their problems. They are GIRLS for goodness sake!! It would be nice to get the "Gold" ball, but what I admire most about Coach Morgan and Coach Young is their record of getting girls in college and following them after basketball is gone. That is the true measure of coaching and teaching young folks, getting them ready to contribute to society. Todays kids in general are not ready when they leave high school to go out into the world and make a difference. Central is blessed with good coaches in all sports and I know for a fact, teaching life is high on each one's agenda while they have our kids on their teams.

Central girls blew out McMinn last night. Did anyone catch Lambert's 3rd quarter. TOTAL DOMINATION!

it is looking like the off season weight training is paying dividends also. The girls seem stronger ripping rebounds and winning tie ups and they are definitely getting off the floor better. Doesn't look like the speed has been hurt maybe even some are a little quicker! Thanks Todd for the work you put in this year! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

it is looking like the off season weight training is paying dividends also. The girls seem stronger ripping rebounds and winning tie ups and they are definitely getting off the floor better. Doesn't look like the speed has been hurt maybe even some are a little quicker! Thanks Todd for the work you put in this year! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I hope that we can get this program started for the younger kids.

Have you seen the genuis of this coach. He knows how to break players down, build them up, put combinations together that creates success in the end. This is what I am saying, there is never a cart before the horse, just a smart man holding the mane. Good Luck Chargerettes, and I hope the year is fun and productive. By the way Morgan has a great assistant as well.

I have seen this genuis at work.. Tallent gets you to the boro.. Great coaches will help tallent win. I guess 2 silver balls is good enough