Will Farragut have to forfeit games?

jethro

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this is a very interesting thread. /jdub1o1 has put a new light into this thread. I have a question for jdub1o1. Was your son the player who transfered to Karns and was declared ineligible. If he was then could you tell us why Ronnie Carter ruled him ineligible and not the player for Farragut ineligible.TSSAA will not give any more information other than a player is ruled eligible or ineligible. NO details. That is why there is so much suspision surrounding this player from Farragut. It seems unfair for one player to be declaired eligible and another player to be ruled ineligible, especially both coming from the same school. If some posters want this to go away then why does not someone tell all.This question of eligibility will not go away unless TSSAA tells the details to satisify everyone, or maybe Farragut high school could could give all the details, but I doubt that. If your son was not the player denied eligibility then I hope he got to play football some where else. Do you know the parents of the player who was ruled ineligible, maybe they could enlighten everyone about this situiation. With the TSSAA ruling of granting a Hunters Lane player an extra semester to play football, actually five years of high school football and TSSAA ruling Bolton having to forfiet all wins because of a player using a false address to gain eligibility, questions are going to be asked. Questions will continue to be asked until people are satisfied with the information given by the people that know the truth, or if the truth is not presented by the parties involved then some posters will continue to make up rumors or speculate how all of this came to be. If FARRAGUTFOOTBALL51 wants everyone to shutup then maybe if he knows the truth and told the details of the situiation then everyone might shutup.uote]

I am the parent of the athlete ruled ineligible. I was a coach at Grace and it was through the stipends that I was able to send him there. With the change in athletic deptartment and football coaching staff, I was not asked back. Without this supplement it was completly impossible for our family to send our son back to Grace. Actually I am back in school to have my teaching certification changed from a temporary special cert to a permenant state certification.

Our initial hardship was denied. The reason given that I should made arrangemt financially to keep my son at Grace if I wanted to keep my son eligible. Second appeal to Mr. Ronnie Carter was also denied. Went before the Board of Control Monday in Nashville to have our case "de novo" or "heard anew" before a different group (I was somewhat suprised to see the major role that Mr. Carter played at the hearing, I thought we were to bring the case before an unbiased group to be heard "anew") that appeal wad also denied.

My family is in total shock over this situation. We meet all criterea for the hardship (section 24). From what I can see at this point (and we are planning on getting a more definative answer through whatever means nessecary) the opinion of one man on how my family is to arrange our finances and our individual futures dictates the high school athletic career of our son.

Our son stuck through the entire football season as a scout team palyer (he did start with the JV). As we enter into wrestling season in shich he was to be a part of the core is now relegated again to practicing for next year. This is hard for a 15 year old athlete who would have contributed on Friday nights (per the coaching staff) and challenged for a birth into the state wrestling tournament. This frustration is compounded by seeing others apparently finding no problem transferring from place to place (I know the player in question at Farragut was not at Grace his freshman year unsure if he played his freshaman year) with no consequences.

We did things the rigth way (completly honest and above board). My question is how can one man have so much control without checks and balances? Perhaps we will get answers, I know we are going to try.

I do hope for the other young men and their families at Farragut that what ever this about does not effect them at this point.

good luck to both teams!

[ to dbcoach1 You have a very interesting story. Where did you live before you moved to the Karns zone. If you tell the truth and get denied eligibility then what did the other player and parents tell to gain eligibility? These questions will continue to be asked until someone tells the other players story.quote]

Jethro

I wasn't calling you out just merely pointing out to some over zealous Farragut fan that all the talk was rumor and not initiated by a DB fan.

No, I know you weren't. I was just pointing out my thought process to even start the thing. It was being teased out one post every day or so, so I thought I'd just pull it out in the open.

Actually, I saw it on a DB thread, so I think the first leaks of information were by a DB fan.