Will Farragut have to forfeit games?

jethro

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think that this doesn't hold water, IF he moved residences out of one school's territory and into the current school's territory"

You mean like most of the kids at Maryville?

Public schools have zones. Private schools have territories,I think. Maryville does what ever they want to.

So what school did he actually transfer from? Because Grace Christian Academy and Grace Baptist Academy are completely different....If he transferred from Grace Christian there could be a problem.. If it was from Grace Baptist then there should be no issue...

It seems to me that we all should get our Grace Christian schools straightened out, whether they are from Knoxville, Chattanooga, Babtist, or non-denominational. Maybe Ronnie Carter could straighten this out for everyone. I bet Graham Clark would like to Know what is going on.

Ok so what do you mean we have to get them straightened out? He is either from one or he isn't.

HHe played all ten games for Grace Christian of Knoxville in 2006. Now he is elligible to play for Farragut. I do not see how that is possible according to TSSAA rules. Maybe someone could tell me how.

HHe played all ten games for Grace Christian of Knoxville in 2006. Now he is elligible to play for Farragut. I do not see how that is possible according to TSSAA rules. Maybe someone could tell me how.

Ok.. I just wasn't sure if we ever cleared up what school the kid actually came from.. That is all I was confused about. I understand what you are thinking though. It will all get sorted out eventually I am sure.

I hope the kid is all good to go. It would be a blow to everyone if not. Someone earlier taled about how Gallatin had a kid cleared by TSSAA and later TSSAA made them forfeit games they won because the kid did not tell the whole truth to the TSSAA. Hard on a school to have to take a punishment because someone fudges on the truth. I am sure there will no problems; staff knows to check things in detail now before allowing a kid like that to play.

So you finally tell what you know, sheesh. Here is how it is possible under TSSAA rules:

Special Cases Involving Hardship

Section 24. Except for the eligibility rules in regard to age and to the number of semesters in school, the Executive Director shall have the authority to set aside the effect of any eligibility rule upon an individual student when:

(a) the circumstances causing the student to fail to satisfy the eligibility rule were unforeseen and unavoidable;

(B) application of the rule to the student works an undue hardship in light of the unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances;

© application of the rule would not accomplish the purpose for which the rule was intended; and

(d) in the case of a change of schools, the change is for reasons unrelated to participation in athletics.

The burden of establishing each of these elements to the Executive Director's satisfaction is upon the school at which eligibility is sought.

This is one possibility. The other is based on this definition of territory:

Territory ??“ For a public school, the ???territory??? of the school is the geographic boundaries and bus routes of the area served by that school as established by the local board of education. For a system-wide public school, the ???territory??? of the school is the geographic boundaries of the school system. For a non-public school, the ???territory??? of the school is the area within a twenty (20) mile radius from the school.

If the parents had moved outside the 20 mile circle of Grace Baptist and was still in the Farragut District, he could be eligible as well.