Jefferson County(Off season thread)

JC4life

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who follows Jeff County middle school sports, how did the 4 county middle schools finish up and who are some names we can look forward to seeing? Also did the freshman team end up undefeated, last time I heard they were, but did they finish undefeated?

As far players to look for, I don't know.

The freshman team finished 11-0 !!

It wasn`t so much a comparison as, since Collins

There are a few I think we could survive without, and I`ll leave it at that.

This is the first time I've ever posted. After seeing some of these comments I had to register. It's funny how the comments after a 6-5 playoff season haven't changed much since a 3-7 season one year ago. About this same time last year, people were talking of a coaching change WHEN WE DIDN'T EVEN NEED ONE. I mean honestly, what happened to that 100 man roster we had in the spring??? As a matter of fact, you can count on one hand the number of starters on this year's team that did not start last year. When the hype wore down, it was the same bunch of tough nose men doing the playing and all those kids that thought they wanted to play football were in the stands probably leaning on that pathetic excuse of "I don't like the coach." Now once again, JC4life, you're saying we should change it up agian? HAHAHA Your understanding of Jeff County football is definitely questionable. Like Red81 stated, consistency with any coaching staff is crucial. Say what you want, but there were good things to come with Coach U but that didn't work out. I also believe there are good things to come with Coach Anderson and his staff, so why don't the fans set back and let the coaches do the coaching!!!

Another example is helton's suggestion of tough manditory workouts! Which I agree with but we had those the past three seasons and if my memory serves me correct people we're saying Coach U should "lightin up" and basically beg kids to come out. Careful helton, JC4life will be on that like ducks on a june bug! haha He has this big spill on recruiting and having no discipline.

JC, I've seen your "grade card" on the season. If the coaches would just call you up when a decision needs to be made Jeff County football would be alright wouldn't it? NOT!!! You think Jeff County is a shoutgun five wide type team? You've got to have A LOT of real good athletes and an even better quarterback to throw the ball around alot at the high school level. Jeff County runs the veer! That's that! Why don't we worry more about perfecting the system that these coaches have in place? JC4life, do us all a favor and change your contradiction of a screen name unless you want to get behind these players and COACHES!!

I was at the Science Hill game this year and heard something that I was ashamed to hear. Late in the first half, a player on the sideline started trying to get the crowd into the ballgame. I heard a man sitting not far from me lean over to his buddy and say, "Well, give us something to cheer about." Listen up people, if you want to call yourself a Jefferson County Patriot, then you support your team through the good and bad times. Luckily the team had enough in them to come back and win that game because the crowd sure didn't help them get back in it. The West game was a prime example....the crowd never lost intensity and therefore the team never did and went on to blow west out of the water. At the Farragut game I got the feeling that a lot of the fans there were just ready to take the loss and go home. However, when the Patriots showed they could play with Farragut, everyone jumped on the bandwagon. But in the second half most jumped off and just started trying to officiate and make fools of themselves.

Lets quit trying to start coaching rumors and things of that nature and instead talk positive about Jeff Co football!! Go Patriots and good luck to the staff and players through the off season and next year!!

This is the first time I've ever posted. After seeing some of these comments I had to register. It's funny how the comments after a 6-5 playoff season haven't changed much since a 3-7 season one year ago. About this same time last year, people were talking of a coaching change WHEN WE DIDN'T EVEN NEED ONE. I mean honestly, what happened to that 100 man roster we had in the spring??? As a matter of fact, you can count on one hand the number of starters on this year's team that did not start last year. When the hype wore down, it was the same bunch of tough nose men doing the playing and all those kids that thought they wanted to play football were in the stands probably leaning on that pathetic excuse of "I don't like the coach." Now once again, JC4life, you're saying we should change it up agian? HAHAHA Your understanding of Jeff County football is definitely questionable. Like Red81 stated, consistency with any coaching staff is crucial. Say what you want, but there were good things to come with Coach U but that didn't work out. I also believe there are good things to come with Coach Anderson and his staff, so why don't the fans set back and let the coaches do the coaching!!!

Another example is helton's suggestion of tough manditory workouts! Which I agree with but we had those the past three seasons and if my memory serves me correct people we're saying Coach U should "lightin up" and basically beg kids to come out. Careful helton, JC4life will be on that like ducks on a june bug! haha He has this big spill on recruiting and having no discipline.

JC, I've seen your "grade card" on the season. If the coaches would just call you up when a decision needs to be made Jeff County football would be alright wouldn't it? NOT!!! You think Jeff County is a shoutgun five wide type team? You've got to have A LOT of real good athletes and an even better quarterback to throw the ball around alot at the high school level. Jeff County runs the veer! That's that! Why don't we worry more about perfecting the system that these coaches have in place? JC4life, do us all a favor and change your contradiction of a screen name unless you want to get behind these players and COACHES!!

I was at the Science Hill game this year and heard something that I was ashamed to hear. Late in the first half, a player on the sideline started trying to get the crowd into the ballgame. I heard a man sitting not far from me lean over to his buddy and say, "Well, give us something to cheer about." Listen up people, if you want to call yourself a Jefferson County Patriot, then you support your team through the good and bad times. Luckily the team had enough in them to come back and win that game because the crowd sure didn't help them get back in it. The West game was a prime example....the crowd never lost intensity and therefore the team never did and went on to blow west out of the water. At the Farragut game I got the feeling that a lot of the fans there were just ready to take the loss and go home. However, when the Patriots showed they could play with Farragut, everyone jumped on the bandwagon. But in the second half most jumped off and just started trying to officiate and make fools of themselves.

Lets quit trying to start coaching rumors and things of that nature and instead talk positive about Jeff Co football!! Go Patriots and good luck to the staff and players through the off season and next year!!

Yes I`m the person calling for change, heap it all on me. Our coaching staff is perfect, our team is perfect, we`ll win 5 state championships in a row I`m sure of it. We are a flawless team with a flawless program, all hail Jeff County football.

Get a grip, believe it or not change can be a good thing.

The rumor about some coaching changes I got from a players Dad. Just that some, 1-3 maybe, would not return.

I am not trying to start anything, just repeating what was said to me and I thought you all might be interested. Like I said, this is about assistant coaches.

Maybe a coach wants to retire or move on to something else, who knows !

What ever they do, good luck to them !

This PATRIOT fan will be there when practice starts and when or if we all will be in the stands at Mrufressboro !!

GO BLUE !!!

in NO way are jc fans comparing this season to U's seasons at the helm. everyone i have talked to thought this year was a success, albeit on different levels. Coach U's teams underachieved and more importantly were full of turmoil-- the worst years jc football has seen in my time. coaching rumors are just that, rumors, and give us something to discuss. like warlock said, we're not saying 3 coaches are getting fired, maybe 1 is moving, retiring, giving up coaching, who knows? the talk about making changes is in regards to mixing up our philosophies in my opinion, i.e. changing our play calling, strategies, etc. do not call out the fans on this board. speaking on behalf of most of us, i will say we are die hards, and have stuck behind the team for years. if nothing else this board satisfies our need to talk about our pats for more than a single night each week, b/c we are more than the casual fan that you speak of seeing on every given friday night.

again on U, which is the reason i got off this board for a long time. the reason fans didnt support him was the results he got from kids he coached. it may have worked for him at oakland, but he ran kids away.... BOTTOM LINE. we had less than 30 kids on the roster at a 5a school.

stay with us for a season or two before you go throwing stones.