Jefferson County(Off season thread)

JC4life

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the numbers still over the 100 mark? Hope the Pats are working on improving the passing game to go w/ great run game. Any new names making their marks this spring?

I give this name because he is a tranfer from out of state, but I like what I see of AJ Manning. He has played on the OL, at TE and at DE. Lets see how he does in the scrimmages.

I was at the scrimmage yesterday. Me and my brother went. 1st of all Jefferson County has a nice running game. #21 impressed me a lot. If they can get the passing game down they will be very good offensively. Jefferson County had a lot of players out and had some good size on the line.

Even though Brent Burnett graduated Maryville will still be fine at quarterback. You may see quarterbacks rotate this year unless one can separate themselves.

Aaron Chamberlain has a great arm. He made some nice throws.

Mark Young made some nice throws and runs the option very well.

Philip Julian struggled his 1st series but played well the rest of the scrimmage.

Jared Miller looked really good. Me and my brother were impressed with him.

Receivers were hot and cold. Jamal Brazen looked really good. He will be a big help. Brian Ward made a great catch. There were other youngsters who looked good. The only bad thing is there were too many drops. Of course Chris Jordan,Zane Winders and Kody Harris are playing basketball. They will be a huge help in the fall.

Running game is set. Thomas Shuler will explode this year. Buddy Jones will be a very good back. Offensive line looked good. Even the backup offensive line looked good. David Ellis will have fun with this group. The line has 2 quick and lean tackles in Coulter and Stinnett. The guards and centers are big and strong. Aaron Douglas will be sorely missed but Laken Kimsey will do a fine job at tight end.

Defensive line was missing Smith but they held up pretty well. Don't know the names yet but #84,#79,#72,#52 done a good job. Don't know who #18 is but he returned a fumble for a TD.The defensive backs look athletic but small.

All three starting linebackers are back. All threee of them played very well. Especially Cody McCoy.

Maryville had 4 touchdowns and Jeff County had 1. Maryville moved the ball very well. After the 1st 2 series Jeff County moved the ball well. Their running game looks good. Jeff County quarterback can scramble also.

It was fun to watch the scrimmage. Maryville looked pretty darn good yesterday. There are some kinks they need to work out but the great thing is they will have all spring and summer to get faster,stronger and better. I also know those quarterbacks and receivers will work hard all spring and summer long to get their timing down. This team has the potential to have a great season.

You are right Rebelron if the Maryville faithfull were worried about the quarterback position they needed to see the game and the could lay that worry to rest .Iam not saying they were Brent but they can take this team back to the state.#12 Aaron made a nice 40 yrd pass to the reciver over middle for that score and could of had another if the reciver had not droped that slant pass .#14 Mark had a good 35 yard run to set up a score and passed the ball good. Overall the first offense looked impressive.