Farragut Fans

etcoach

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would rather play Bearden than WB. Even though Farragut's run against Bearden has to come to an end sometime, I don't think it will be this year. Farragut will come into the game against Bearden confident, but with a healthy respect because it's such a rivalry game. Bearden will be hungry for a win against Farragut, but in the back of their minds they will have doubts since none of them have ever beaten Farragut in a Varsity game. WB on the other hand, will be a much tougher opponent because they feel they were slighted by Farragut in their earlier game, and have no doubt bought into the " we were drained from the big Maryville game" excuse. I believe WB is more balanced than offensively than Bearden, and I don't like how they run the ball out of their spread offense, where as Bearden runs more straight at you. I think athletically Farragut's defense matches up better against Bearden than WB. Farragut's offense probably wont be better or worse, because both Bearden and WB play physical brands of defense.

its true that bearden hasnt beaten farragut in a few years now, but neither has WB. the govs havent won since 2002. and while someone said that WB may have felt that they slighted earlier this year against the Ads. bearden has lost some pretty tough games to farragut as well. personally i would like to play bearden again, not only cause it will bring a big gate (because WB will bring just as many for a 3rd round game), but i think farragut matches up better against the dawgs. WB's passing game is more explosive and i dont care what anyone says, the combo of burstrom and garner is better than halliday and works. the only advantage for the duo from bearden is that they're 3-year starters. but burstrom has had a much better season this year, since they finally let him throw the ball (he didnt throw it in the wing-t last year). i think halliday is a great competitor but he's about even TD-INT ratio the last two seasons. 24 tds to 19 int and 31 to 25 for his career. burstrom has thrown 22 TDs to 9 INT. this is just my opinion so nobody take offense but i honestly think that WB is a scarier matchup for farragut. good luck to the dawgs and govs this friday and we'll try to beat DB so this thread won't be a lost cause.

I can't believe that anyone would take Burstrom over halliday, Halliday is bigger faster, stronger, better arm, you can throw out stats all you want but Halliday is man among boys and terrific leader. any football person would tell you the same. Burstrom is a terrrific QB but athletically and game sense wise he is not the player halliday is, the only thing he may have on him is a few more weapons around him

its true that bearden hasnt beaten farragut in a few years now, but neither has WB. the govs havent won since 2002. and while someone said that WB may have felt that they slighted earlier this year against the Ads. bearden has lost some pretty tough games to farragut as well. personally i would like to play bearden again, not only cause it will bring a big gate (because WB will bring just as many for a 3rd round game), but i think farragut matches up better against the dawgs. WB's passing game is more explosive and i dont care what anyone says, the combo of burstrom and garner is better than halliday and works. the only advantage for the duo from bearden is that they're 3-year starters. but burstrom has had a much better season this year, since they finally let him throw the ball (he didnt throw it in the wing-t last year). i think halliday is a great competitor but he's about even TD-INT ratio the last two seasons. 24 tds to 19 int and 31 to 25 for his career. burstrom has thrown 22 TDs to 9 INT. this is just my opinion so nobody take offense but i honestly think that WB is a scarier matchup for farragut. good luck to the dawgs and govs this friday and we'll try to beat DB so this thread won't be a lost cause.

I can't believe that anyone would take Burstrom over halliday, Halliday is bigger faster, stronger, better arm, you can throw out stats all you want but Halliday is man among boys and terrific leader. any football person would tell you the same. Burstrom is a terrrific QB but athletically and game sense wise he is not the player halliday is, the only thing he may have on him is a few more weapons around him

I can not say anything about Halliday (I have never seen him play), but Burstrom is a phenomenal athlete. It is hard for me to believe that there are very many people at this level that are more athletic than Burstrom. Halliday might very well be a better quarterback, but to say he is more of an athlete is hard for me to believe.

I can not say anything about Halliday (I have never seen him play), but Burstrom is a phenomenal athlete. It is hard for me to believe that there are very many people at this level that are more athletic than Burstrom. Halliday might very well be a better quarterback, but to say he is more of an athlete is hard for me to believe.

They had better focus on Dobyns Bennett. DB is on an 8 game winning streak. They are an excellent team, and Farragut cannot afford to continue to get penalties and expect to beat DB. Focus on the next game.