1A Football who's gonna win state

ryanturner

Well I thought I would add my two cents into this topic after what I went and saw last night. I have seen a ton of high school football since my playing days ended in 1988. I have watched and played football up in the Region 1 area. I have watched good football over in Virginia Class A Div. II all the way to a state championship in 2003 (GO Gate City) I have seen Knoxville area teams play, some mid Tenn. teams, and have also been to three Blue Cross Bowls in the past 6 years. But what I saw in South Pittsburg was a first for me. That has to be one of the fastest TEAMS I have seen take a field. They have speed to burn, and just pure athletic ability up and down this whole football team. It will be an upset if they do not make it to a State Championship. The only thing I see slowing them down is themselves. They are not very big but I feel to beat them it will take a shot out type game and I??™m not sure if anyone in this State can stay with them. I would also like to thank Geno for the hospitality. We had never met I just went to a game and happened to sit in front of him. Got an Awesome team Geno... I'll be back in South Pitt in two weeks to watch them play Hampton i hope. On my way to watch GATE CITY play in the 2nd. round on the VA. playoffs next Saturday...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the state championship is this friday people....the winner of SP/Gordonsville, will win state. But, no other team in 1A has the talent that SP has, and yes that includes you MP! you have one play maker that has been proven, you shut him down, you shut down the whole team.

All say that yet none do it. Even when mTp loses Marco has a stellar nite---maybe you will get a chance to be the FIRST team who has done that in 25 games

All say that yet none do it. Even when mTp loses Marco has a stellar nite---maybe you will get a chance to be the FIRST team who has done that in 25 games

tigersfan, I have nothing at all against Mt.P, but read your own post, and see the answer

to your own question. "Even when Mt.P loses, Marco has a stellar nite". What possible

difference does it make if Marco has 800 yds. per game if you lose? Is that what your

team is all about? How many times has Marco taken you to the 'boro? I don't care

how good one player is, he/she is not a team. I have seen this same senario many times

when a high stats player runs up against quality opponents, it's over. I remember one

year in particular when TC played in the State @ Vandy vs a west TN team. They had

a Mr. Football, 2500+ yds rushing. Longest gain he had was 5. They lost.

If you want to make serious run, put some quality players around him, and spread it

around.

tigersfan, I have nothing at all against Mt.P, but read your own post, and see the answer

to your own question. "Even when Mt.P loses, Marco has a stellar nite". What possible

difference does it make if Marco has 800 yds. per game if you lose? Is that what your

team is all about? How many times has Marco taken you to the 'boro? I don't care

how good one player is, he/she is not a team. I have seen this same senario many times

when a high stats player runs up against quality opponents, it's over. I remember one

year in particular when TC played in the State @ Vandy vs a west TN team. They had

If you want to make serious run, put some quality players around him, and spread it

around.

Tell him Grunt. Its obvious Daily is a dandy. Its also obvious that he has not been enough the past 2 years. Actually not even close. I'd much rather have a Team Like South Pitt where you have play makers all over the field. It makes it hard to pick you're poison. They look pretty good to me.

Tell him Grunt. Its obvious Daily is a dandy. Its also obvious that he has not been enough the past 2 years. Actually not even close. I'd much rather have a Team Like South Pitt where you have play makers all over the field. It makes it hard to pick you're poison. They look pretty good to me.

Believe it or not mTp does have player makers all over the field but they only choose to use 1. So you are right, SP probably would win b/c they use their guys to their full potential.....

Believe it or not mTp does have player makers all over the field but they only choose to use 1. So you are right, SP probably would win b/c they use their guys to their full potential.....

Ok, I've heard posters from Mt.P say that before....now, question is, why do you still have

this coach, or whoever is making these decisions. Man, it's football suicide. I've also read

another of your posters, can't recall the name at present, always on the public-private

thread complaining about always getting beat by the privates ( don't misunderstand, I don't

believe pubs should play priv. either), but I counted your roster in the playoff program,

and you have 73 players in 1A. Out of all that you should be like a woman with a tank & PMS!

Appears from a distance like you've got a gold mine, and all but a dollar locked up in the vault.

Make some changes, my friend. Won't get any better if you don't.

Good luck in the playoffs.

Well, you're right, Pujo, Marco is no doubt a fantastic athlete, but not even an appearance

in the 'boro. SP is the real deal. A tub full of athletes & speed to match. Gonna take a pretty

big axe to cut that tree down. Not impossible, but not likely.

See you guys are still rolling.....good luck bud!

Ok, I've heard posters from Mt.P say that before....now, question is, why do you still have

this coach, or whoever is making these decisions. Man, it's football suicide. I've also read

another of your posters, can't recall the name at present, always on the public-private

thread complaining about always getting beat by the privates ( don't misunderstand, I don't

believe pubs should play priv. either), but I counted your roster in the playoff program,

and you have 73 players in 1A. Out of all that you should be like a woman with a tank & PMS!

Appears from a distance like you've got a gold mine, and all but a dollar locked up in the vault.

All MtP has is Marco left Marco right. Not much coaching involved. The Region is very weak. W/ Cornersville,CA Zion,Perry Co. Once they played a great 2A Lewis Co team, Their Coaching staff didnt know what to do. Thats My opinion. South Pitt will win 1A.

Doog

I am not from MP or anything, this is just how I see it and most of the mTp posters have been jumping my case about this particular belief and are very happy w/ the system they presently have. Also, not to take anything away from their coach, he brought that team from 0-10 to 10-0 in 2 seasons when he took over the job and he has had plenty of success. It is just my opinion, but I feel they dont use all of their athletes to their maximum potential and if they did there is no telling how good they could be.....

Mt.Pleasant DOES not play anyone good. That is the weakest Region i have ever seen. Move up a class with Lewis and hickman. Marco wouldnt have any yards at all.

Doog

around.

My point was mostly to address that common thought--If you shut down Dailey you shut down mTp--no one has managed to "shut down" Dailey--I was making no prediction about the trip to the 'boro. I believe that we have quality players around him--he gives them credit for making his play possible. I believe that other teams will find out (as Cascade did) that there is lots of talent on this team