Sequoyah Football

warchief

Tell me about the scrimmage guys. Hate that i did'nt get to go, my youngest one had a ball game. From what i heard the Chiefs played well last night. I was told it was 4 to 4 with the 1st teams going and it was 1 to 0 in the Chiefs favor with the J.V.'s. Is this about right? Also heard we ran the ball real well. Give me some details on what you guys thought. GO CHIEFS!!!

I thought it was 3-3 with the firsts,but I could be wrong. S.B. and J.W. looked great as well as newcomer J.B. They had plenty of running room most plays, the line played great at times. They were not overwhelmed by any means. Defensively, got after the ball well, just got a couple things to work on. Really need a pass rush from somewhere. Overall, I think every Chief fan there should have been pleased. The boys are obviously much stronger and a step or two quicker. I was especially impressed with the offensive execution after just a week of practice, looked really fluid at times. Good confidence builder going into summer work, should keep the guys inspired to keep up the hard work in the weight room.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone at the game left with a smile on thier face except maybe for the Sweetwater coaches that were present. hehehe Looking forward to the REd/White Game on Friday. Keep working hard guys!

Go CHIEFS !!!

Now why would the Sweetwater coaches come to watch the Chiefs spring game?

Can they hear the drums beating from the other side of the ridge?

Can they feel it coming and just don't know how to stop it?

Can they see the change thats taking place? Stronger,Faster,Meaner

Maybe they just wanted to come and see where they will get defeated in game 1 of the 08/09 season.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> CAT STEW

I thought it was 3-3 with the firsts,but I could be wrong. S.B. and J.W. looked great as well as newcomer J.B. They had plenty of running room most plays, the line played great at times. They were not overwhelmed by any means. Defensively, got after the ball well, just got a couple things to work on. Really need a pass rush from somewhere. Overall, I think every Chief fan there should have been pleased. The boys are obviously much stronger and a step or two quicker. I was especially impressed with the offensive execution after just a week of practice, looked really fluid at times. Good confidence builder going into summer work, should keep the guys inspired to keep up the hard work in the weight room.

Against the ones I had it 3 to 2 in favor of the chiefs, but I could be wrong, I was more concerned with watching the kids than the score. I haven't had a chance to see the film yet but my initial appraisal is that we played pretty darn well. I felt like we man handled them up front on offense. We only gave the ball up once on downs and that was with a 3 and twenty. We only came up inches short at that. We had the ball inside the twenty 3 times and inside the 10 twice with out a score. I would have to believe that total yards was not close. To beat it all we were by design very vanilla. We only used 4 different running plays and 3 formations. We have more shifts, motions and formations that would have hurt them but we wanted to keep it as simple as possible. We had ONE negative rush all night! Coach G wants to bring the young RB's along slowly. I thought the young ones played real well for 5 days practice. I thought the O-line was outstanding to be honest. Rhea ran a 3-5 which employs alot of slants and stunts on almost every play. What makes it hard is you don't want to change your rule blocking but you almost have to zone block it and keep your rule blocking in place at the same time. You just cannot teach zone blocking in one week. I only saw one blown assignment all night by the ones in the run game. What was most impressive to me is at the line of scrimmage completely on there on they made several check calls that was exactly correct. Pass Pro broke down a couple of times and we gave ground once in our 3 step package. All fixable. running backs ran hard and with vision. There were a couple of times that the young ones wanted to stretch it and not turn it up the alley, but man did they run with some attitude. As the night went on you could just feel them gaining confidence. Receivers dropped one TD but for the most part did great. I loved the way they blocked in the run game, sprung at least one long run for a TD.

On defense we played a lot better than we have. We weren't dominant by any stretch, but the kids competed. Coach J said he thought we had more big hits last night than all of last season and I would have to agree with him, we got after them pretty good.They got behind us a couple of times and one time the defender fell down. We eliminate 3 passes and they score once, and what you have to understand we stayed in our base defense all night, we didn't blitz or stunt one time! That is my take on it anyway without looking at the film. All in all pretty darn good I thought.

Against the ones I had it 3 to 2 in favor of the chiefs, but I could be wrong, I was more concerned with watching the kids than the score. I haven't had a chance to see the film yet but my initial appraisal is that we played pretty darn well. I felt like we man handled them up front on offense. We only gave the ball up once on downs and that was with a 3 and twenty. We only came up inches short at that. We had the ball inside the twenty 3 times and inside the 10 twice with out a score. I would have to believe that total yards was not close. To beat it all we were by design very vanilla. We only used 4 different running plays and 3 formations. We have more shifts, motions and formations that would have hurt them but we wanted to keep it as simple as possible. We had ONE negative rush all night! Coach G wants to bring the young RB's along slowly. I thought the young ones played real well for 5 days practice. I thought the O-line was outstanding to be honest. Rhea ran a 3-5 which employs alot of slants and stunts on almost every play. What makes it hard is you don't want to change your rule blocking but you almost have to zone block it and keep your rule blocking in place at the same time. You just cannot teach zone blocking in one week. I only saw one blown assignment all night by the ones in the run game. What was most impressive to me is at the line of scrimmage completely on there on they made several check calls that was exactly correct. Pass Pro broke down a couple of times and we gave ground once in our 3 step package. All fixable. running backs ran hard and with vision. There were a couple of times that the young ones wanted to stretch it and not turn it up the alley, but man did they run with some attitude. As the night went on you could just feel them gaining confidence. Receivers dropped one TD but for the most part did great. I loved the way they blocked in the run game, sprung at least one long run for a TD.

Not bad last night, must get better on defense Rhea County had a lot of yards. Starting 3 running backs looked awesome and ran the ball with attitude we haven't seen in many years.

On defense we played a lot better than we have. We weren't dominant by any stretch, but the kids competed. Coach J said he thought we had more big hits last night than all of last season and I would have to agree with him, we got after them pretty good.They got behind us a couple of times and one time the defender fell down. We eliminate 3 passes and they score once, and what you have to understand we stayed in our base defense all night, we didn't blitz or stunt one time! That is my take on it anyway without looking at the film. All in all pretty darn good I thought.

AGREED!!!!!

Just got done watching the game film for the 3rd time. The offense looked really good. We were running the ball at will. I thought the O line done a real good job! Come this fall they are going to be a tough group to deal with. Shane & Jake ran the ball great. Also for a newcomer I thought Jock Black was very impressive. He ran the ball well and done a great job of getting down the field and blocking. Also thought that E. Moser done a good job at the QB spot. He ran the offense well, we looked very fluid most of the time and for a spring game that is saying alot about where we are. Passing game still needs a little work but showed some good stuff. The biggest thing that i was impressed with was how well all the boys were getting down field and blocking for one another. Man i love to see that happening. The Defense showed some good signs against the run game and broke down a few times. We are going to have to do better against the pass, gave up to many big plays. There was some real hitting on both sides of the ball. Seen some real good licks laid. All in all this was a great spring scrimmage for the Chiefs. Players & coaches done a great job. Man i am all fired up about this fall now. Keep working hard boys and don't let up. GO CHIEFS!!!

I hope we use Friday to work on the passing game we know we can run the ball. We need to improve our short and intermediate passing game to really give this offense some versatility.

Well I would like to say thanks for having us over yesterday. That is a real pretty drive past sweetwater. I got to say your guys number 1 RB and FB are great football players. The offense you guys ran is something we don't see in are region, so we had to adjust to that. But overall you guys have a good offense installed. The overall whole backfield looks good for Sequoyah. I know for Rhea having 3 of the 5 linebackers out yesterday hurt us, and I think 4 of the 5 linebackers that was their first varsity action. But that why you play the game like this to get better, and see what needs to be worked on. The defense for both teams just needs to get somethings worked out. There was some nice hits and blocks yesterday. More than a few times I heard some Ooh's amd Ahh's. Which is great to see in the spring. Offense wise I wise you guys could seen Moffet play. He is such a great athlete, but he is still out with a knee injury along with the 2nd and 3rd running backs with injuries But some good does come from that in seen what we had in depth. What do you guys think about are Sophomore starting QB? I think he played well yesterday going 10-13 (2 drops) and 1 TD pass. Overall it was a great scrimmage for both teams. Good Luck to you all over there.

Well I would like to say thanks for having us over yesterday. That is a real pretty drive past sweetwater. I got to say your guys number 1 RB and FB are great football players. The offense you guys ran is something we don't see in are region, so we had to adjust to that. But overall you guys have a good offense installed. The overall whole backfield looks good for Sequoyah. I know for Rhea having 3 of the 5 linebackers out yesterday hurt us, and I think 4 of the 5 linebackers that was their first varsity action. But that why you play the game like this to get better, and see what needs to be worked on. The defense for both teams just needs to get somethings worked out. There was some nice hits and blocks yesterday. More than a few times I heard some Ooh's amd Ahh's. Which is great to see in the spring. Offense wise I wise you guys could seen Moffet play. He is such a great athlete, but he is still out with a knee injury along with the 2nd and 3rd running backs with injuries But some good does come from that in seen what we had in depth. What do you guys think about are Sophomore starting QB? I think he played well yesterday going 10-13 (2 drops) and 1 TD pass. Overall it was a great scrimmage for both teams. Good Luck to you all over there.

Hey Rhea Co., I would really like to hear about how you guys do against Knox. Catholic tomorrow, that way I can try to sum up where we stand here at Sequoyah. Good Luck Eagles. GO CHIEFS!!!

I hope we use Friday to work on the passing game we know we can run the ball. We need to improve our short and intermediate passing game to really give this offense some versatility.

I think this offense is plenty versatile. We need to be able to throw on first down and second and medium without fear of getting into bad down and distance situations. We can do that with more reps. I think the young ones(all positions) need all the reps they can get in the run game when the bullets are flying for real. Sure we need to throw it some but I don't think it needs to be the emphasis of the scrimmage Friday. I think it is more important to get the run game established with second and third team kids for now. Our QB's need to work there butts off this summer. Darren Slack has a QB camp at Red Bank on June 20 and 21. He has camps all over the country and runs the Quarterback Academy. He has a web site I think it is the Quarterbackacademy.com. He runs the best QB camp in the country in my opinion. I know EM is going I don't know about KR.

We knew you guys were somewhat shorthanded,but we sure don't want to take away from the effort of the kids at all. I was most impressed with your QB,very accurate,strong-armed,and able to get out of trouble. Looks like you have that covered for the next couple years. I thought it was a good scrimmage for both teams. You mentioned the good part. The coaches found out a lot about some young players that can only help in the fall. I was impressed with our overall play. It seems the momentum from the end of the season has carried over into the spring and continued to build. Thanks for coming over for the scrimmage, we'll be pulling for you guys this fall. By the way, #52 for you all looked strong,made a few pancake blocks. He made a few of those nice hits. Good luck and GO CHIEFS!