Sequoyah Football

warchief

This guy may be the best high school coach in America. But we obviously can't know that can we based on the visible evidence.

But can't we try to get one on the way up, instead of one obviously on the way down?

And UWA, UTM, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Kentucky??? Can we find a coach somewhere that has ever had a sniff of a winning program?

Just food for thought.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy may be the best high school coach in America. But we obviously can't know that can we based on the visible evidence.

But can't we try to get one on the way up, instead of one obviously on the way down?

And UWA, UTM, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Kentucky??? Can we find a coach somewhere that has ever had a sniff of a winning program?

Just food for thought.

Look the visible evidence is the man has to have several things going for him to be even considered to run a college program 3 different times. He was the recruiting coordinator for ALL sports at Kentucky. How can you say he is on the way down? Based on what? I will promise you the school he is at now has had more than a sniff of winning, way more. Most of us could only hope to have our past employer say the things about us that they say about him. Sometimes peoples priority's change and things in life take on a different meaning. College football is a 80 hours a week, 50 weeks a year job. Do any of you have the wonderful experience of have grandkids? That alone can change things dramatically in your life. What if you had a wife that had followed you willingly to all of your stops in your coaching career and supported you 100 %. Maybe just maybe you might want to give her something you felt she deserved. I trust Gregory, he will hire the best man

With all of this going on, remember there is a bunch of boys working thier butt's off

with no clear direction in site. Support them when you see em. Tell them to keep

working, just some one telling them to keep thier heads up and don't get wrapped

up in all of whats going on around them might be what it takes to get up at 6am

or turn off the X-box at 5pm. Just alittle support for them can go a long way.

It does not matter is you don't like the assit. Coaches,Mr. Mo,Lowery,me or who ever.

Shoot I don't know anyone who likes all the above either.

I don't know anyone who likes what has happened but it has and we have to move on.

I support the kids and the Coaching staff who ever it maybe.

Support the A.D. like you remember the one B-4 him

I'm sorry Vonore12, I just cant agree with "being the laughing stock", the kids are still here, actually more kids are here now, and I know teams will not take us serious until we play them, but if you been to practice lately you would notice things are progressing really well. GO CHIEFS!!!

I wasn't talking necessarily about the on the field product. I was talking about the revolving coaching door and all the drama that surrounds your program. Everyone in vonore and madisonville should be embarrased, because due to the media everyone in East TN IS LAUGHING. And that, my friend, makes you the laughing stock.

I hope that Sequoyah can find those players a fine coach. The administration and powers that be have failed time and time again. Sometime there failure has been not trying to keep the good coaches. Maybe we should let some of the players decide, since the adults have messed it up.

I wasn't talking necessarily about the on the field product. I was talking about the revolving coaching door and all the drama that surrounds your program. Everyone in vonore and madisonville should be embarrased, because due to the media everyone in East TN IS LAUGHING. And that, my friend, makes you the laughing stock.

I hope that Sequoyah can find those players a fine coach. The administration and powers that be have failed time and time again. Sometime there failure has been not trying to keep the good coaches. Maybe we should let some of the players decide, since the adults have messed it up.

I can't disagree with much of that. Politics should play no part in the hiring of "any" teacher. The school board will tell you that it is none of there business(talking out of both sides of there mouths) when in the past they have been in it up to there necks along with the superintendents. Mr Moser has been made the fall guy with people being pushed down his throat. I just hope and pray that surely someone has learned a lesson. Think of the kids first and don't worry about covering your ######

Look the visible evidence is the man has to have several things going for him to be even considered to run a college program 3 different times. He was the recruiting coordinator for ALL sports at Kentucky. How can you say he is on the way down? Based on what? I will promise you the school he is at now has had more than a sniff of winning, way more. Most of us could only hope to have our past employer say the things about us that they say about him. Sometimes peoples priority's change and things in life take on a different meaning. College football is a 80 hours a week, 50 weeks a year job. Do any of you have the wonderful experience of have grandkids? That alone can change things dramatically in your life. What if you had a wife that had followed you willingly to all of your stops in your coaching career and supported you 100 %. Maybe just maybe you might want to give her something you felt she deserved. I trust Gregory, he will hire the best man

On the old thread and before I started posting, I was trying to figure out who you were and it really threw me off when you said that you didnt have any kids and, in fact, had never even been married. Now I find out that you have appearently enjoyed the wonderful experience of having grandkids. You cant have grandkids without having kids or at least being married. You have no right to criticize anyone for hiding behind a screen name.

I dont care if they get a young coach or an old coach as long as they get a good coach who will not be manipulated by the same people who have ran things for the past few years. A coach who is compitant AND confident AND strong enough to stand on his own. A coach who will do the right thing to win games AND bring fun back to the game of football.

I dont think Gregory does the hiring for Sequoyah, but if he does, I hope he does hire the best person for the job and not just another puppet like the last two.

GO CHIEFS!

I dont think Gregory does the hiring for Sequoyah, but if he does, I hope he does hire the best person for the job and not just another puppet like the last two.

GO CHIEFS!

As the A.D. Gregory should do the hire of a Head Football Coach.

And you reference to Coach Summey as another puppet, brings no credit to anthing you say.

I have known Coach Summey to be called a lot of things but a PUPPET is NOT one of them.

Foreal why don't you take a drive north on 411 and tell THE MAN you think he was a puppet.

I would give you about 30seconds be for you where picking your self up out of the gravel .

On the old thread and before I started posting, I was trying to figure out who you were and it really threw me off when you said that you didnt have any kids and, in fact, had never even been married. Now I find out that you have appearently enjoyed the wonderful experience of having grandkids. You cant have grandkids without having kids or at least being married. You have no right to criticize anyone for hiding behind a screen name.

I dont care if they get a young coach or an old coach as long as they get a good coach who will not be manipulated by the same people who have ran things for the past few years. A coach who is compitant AND confident AND strong enough to stand on his own. A coach who will do the right thing to win games AND bring fun back to the game of football.

GO CHIEFS!

Listen closely grasshopper. I never said I had grandchildren, I simply asked if anyone had, that "they" might understand why a man might want to get closer to them( grandkids). That in no way indicates I have grandkids. Nice to know you are so keyed in on my post. I also remember that conversation(RWB),, imagine that! I hide behind a screen name to "try" and bring accurate information to this discussion, not to slander people and promote my selfish agenda. Let me guess the right thing to have done to have won more games would have been to have utilized your kid and your friends kid more. There is a very small group of you and your friends that the next coach want have to put up with.

What same people manipulated and ran things? Again sorry about baseball and all "your" plans.

For a person in your field I wouldn't think spell check would be necessary but, oh well.

The hiring of a coach is really tricky especially at a school nobody really wants to come to right now. Why would you want to come to a place where coaches do not get to finish what they start. I know one thing for sure if torseq and red chief is routing for somebody than I think that will probably be a bad hire. If the principal is in on the hiring of a coach if they do not do well he should be held accountable, as well as the AD if he misses on a new coach he should be held responsible. That is part of their job and if they don't do it correctly there should be a consequence. Too say Coach Summey was a bad hire, I don't think we will ever know the answer to that question. He was tough on the kids and they were starting to play tougher. If he could have stuck around they would of had the toughest team that SQHS has had in a while, maybe not the best, but tough.

Are there any other candidates or is it that after one interview RED CHIEF has found his man.

The hiring of a coach is really tricky especially at a school nobody really wants to come to right now. Why would you want to come to a place where coaches do not get to finish what they start. I know one thing for sure if torseq and red chief is routing for somebody than I think that will probably be a bad hire. If the principal is in on the hiring of a coach if they do not do well he should be held accountable, as well as the AD if he misses on a new coach he should be held responsible. That is part of their job and if they don't do it correctly there should be a consequence. Too say Coach Summey was a bad hire, I don't think we will ever know the answer to that question. He was tough on the kids and they were starting to play tougher. If he could have stuck around they would of had the toughest team that SQHS has had in a while, maybe not the best, but tough.

Are there any other candidates or is it that after one interview RED CHIEF has found his man.

Thats right I do all the hiring and firing. It should be the principal and AD that "Get" to hire who they want. It hasn't been that way in the past. What it boils down to is anybody that disagrees with you is wrong. I don't care who they hire as long as it is left up to the principal and AD and not left up to yahoo's like you , foreal,SID,RWB,etc etc. You people with your personal agenda's, it was never about the kids and with you guys never will be. For some of you it was about YOUR kid.

I think there may have been 4 or 5 interviews so far. I have no preference just let them hire who "they" (principal and AD) feel is the best man for the job. Not some lame political reason.

Thats right I do all the hiring and firing. It should be the principal and AD that "Get" to hire who they want. It hasn't been that way in the past. What it boils down to is anybody that disagrees with you is wrong. I don't care who they hire as long as it is left up to the principal and AD and not left up to yahoo's like you , foreal,SID,RWB,etc etc. You people with your personal agenda's, it was never about the kids and with you guys never will be. For some of you it was about YOUR kid.

I think there may have been 4 or 5 interviews so far. I have no preference just let them hire who "they" (principal and AD) feel is the best man for the job. Not some lame political reason.

I really do not care who becomes coach either I just want the parents back on the bleachers drinking cokes and eating hot dogs where they belong. That way they won't be out there messing things up. Getting coaches fired and hindering this program to the best of their abilities. Okay who made the decision on the coach before Summey, come on somebody take credit for that, did you push for him. HUHHHHH let's hear it.

"RWB" does that mean 'Red White & Blue'? If thats true, it cant be, he said he was done posting, so your thinking is Mr. Bowers, I dont know, I thought for sure when he signed off he was done. Anyway, lets talk about the option, and I gotta admit two years ago I was not a fan of the option unless you had the tallent to do it. With these seniors to be, they have been running it for four years now, they look impressive (and I'm not saying it because I gotta couple boys out there) but they really look sharp against Rhea County. Granted Rhea County had never tried to defend a offense like this but still, we were pushing people around. Folks I know we got some issues, but I'm thinking everything is going to be just fine, we got some great coaches and I'm sure we will find the right guy. GO CHIEFS!!!