Sequoyah Football

warchief

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sat here for the last couple of weeks holding my tongue with my heart breaking because of the behavior on all sides and all levels of this situation. What a horrible example that has been set for our kids. A thousand times over I agree with all of those who have stated that it should be about the kids...not about winning or losing...but about teaching them the lessons and giving them the positive examples that they need to go out into adulthood and be positive, strong, and committed family and community members.

Let me assure you that not everyone in the Vonore community agrees with the decision to bring Satterfield here and even more of us with the manner that these things have been conducted. Many of us who do not support this certainly haven't been asked and the opinions of those who were obviously didn't carry much influence. This hire and the resulting fall out from it - immediate and that yet to come grieves my heart. And once again...the kids lose.

It is a sad day...for the kids...for Sequoyah...for the communities...and for many of us who have been there and worked from day one of SQHS over 13 years ago to try to make sure that nothing was ever decided nor support and encouragement given based on in what zip code a student, staff or supporter laid their head at night. We had made progress - until now - the wounds have been reopened and the distrust has resurfaced. And the divide expands...

You all are the only ones who have organized a political party and tried to have influence on the hire and you want to accuse everyone else of making a political hire! Sounds like you guys who are against Satterfield have organized yourselves one big political group and are really dissappointed that your party lost. I havent heard anyone who is not on your side being just for any one of the candidates. Everybody else just has an opinion. You guys got your little group up and tried to manipulate things again instead of just sitting back and letting the administration do what they feel like needed to be done. If I was in there position and had heard as much as they appearantly have, Id feel like it was time for me to step in too. Sequoyah has been in turmoil since Kerley left and the "daddy coaches" got involved in the hiring process. I dont dissagree with the hire. (If it is Satterfield--still waiting on official word) You all act like this is the end of the world. You forget, Coach Satterfield is a good coach with a winning record who is local and not likely to abandon ship. Lets see how it goes. You just might be surprised by how much you like him. Lets come together and support our kids and team by supporting whatever decision is made on who is head coach.

GO CHIEFS!

Im sorry, but coaches SHOULD NOT post on this board, that is when they are talking about their own school. It speaks about the maturity of the Sequoyah program. I can tell you that the kids do not care about the Madisonville/Vonore thing. It is all about a portion of the dumb parents. Those guys only care about themselves, and they could care less about the kids, even their own kids.

I never said I have spoken with the Director. I said I have talked with someone from Oak Grove. I was told more people were talked to from both communities. If this didn't happen, it should have.

You have told people you and PJ had met with Lowry. They were not talked to ( the Madisonville folks), he even refused to meet with them, You got what you want Kevin, How you will ever look this kids in the eyes, and they all know or will know the truth as this comes out. Who told you people in Madisonville were talked too ? You were lied to,,, that never happened. Tell you something else Lowery only met with Mccorkle for ten minutes(then he told people(board members) false informatio about his bio that he was fed from Vonore ( fact :YOU), and as of yesterday he didn't even know where McCorkcle was from( really did his homework). By the way you might want to know PJ,,,, Lowery is telling everyone you were calling him.SUPRIZE SUPRIZE!!! You guys still feel important?????????????? Well you will wear this badge for ever. I don't feel sorry for you one bit.

You all are the only ones who have organized a political party and tried to have influence on the hire and you want to accuse everyone else of making a political hire! Sounds like you guys who are against Satterfield have organized yourselves one big political group and are really dissappointed that your party lost. I havent heard anyone who is not on your side being just for any one of the candidates. Everybody else just has an opinion. You guys got your little group up and tried to manipulate things again instead of just sitting back and letting the administration do what they feel like needed to be done. If I was in there position and had heard as much as they appearantly have, Id feel like it was time for me to step in too. Sequoyah has been in turmoil since Kerley left and the "daddy coaches" got involved in the hiring process. I dont dissagree with the hire. (If it is Satterfield--still waiting on official word) You all act like this is the end of the world. You forget, Coach Satterfield is a good coach with a winning record who is local and not likely to abandon ship. Lets see how it goes. You just might be surprised by how much you like him. Lets come together and support our kids and team by supporting whatever decision is made on who is head coach.

GO CHIEFS!

Who are you speaking about in this political party? As usual you are lying. Again it is not about being against Satterfield. What candidates???? There was only ever one candidate. This was a total sham job by Lowery, Blankenship, and Lap Dog Dean Williams. It's coming out, some of you can be REAL proud.

You have told people you and PJ had met with Lowry. They were not talked to ( the Madisonville folks), he even refused to meet with them, You got what you want Kevin, How you will ever look this kids in the eyes, and they all know or will know the truth as this comes out. Who told you people in Madisonville were talked too ? You were lied to,,, that never happened. Tell you something else Lowery only met with Mccorkle for ten minutes(then he told people(board members) false informatio about his bio that he was fed from Vonore ( fact :YOU), and as of yesterday he didn't even know where McCorkcle was from( really did his homework). By the way you might want to know PJ Lowery is telling everyone you were calling him. You guys still feel important?????????????? Well you will wear this badge for ever. I don't feel sorry for you one bit.

I haven't told anyone that we have met with Mr. Lowry. Believe what you want, and if I was lied to....so be it. Won't be the first time and probably won't be the last time. As for the information, I asked the person that I talked to at Oak Grove about it. I was told that he had 30+ years experience and 10 jobs in 12 years. I asked if that was true and no one confirmed or denied it. You posted earlier that it was 3 in 8 years, so now that has been corrected. Yes I have supported the hiring of coach Satterfield (which is still not official) and if he gets the job, I will continue to support him. If it is given to someone else, I will support that person too. As for what I want, I want someone that is willing to put time and effort into the program and prove to the kids they can put their trust in that person because it is going to be someone who is going to be around for a while. Can you say the same? I don't care if it is coach Gregory, coach Satterfield, coach McCorkle, or coach Spurrier himself. I have only done what it seems everyone else has done. When there was issues with coach Holloway, it was said people were calling central office, when issues arose with coach Summey, people were contacting central office, now I am getting bashed for doing the same? Once again, I am flattered that you think I weild so much power. Careful, you might convince me to put an end to the presidential election early.

According to the Tennessean.com the realignment would put Tellico in Class A District 5 and in football would be in the district with David Brainerd, Copper Basin, Chatt. Grace. Tellico would be considered a 2A school in that district along with Silverdale and East Brainerd. So District 5:1-A would be Tellico, David Brainerd, Copper Basin, Chatt. Grace, Silverdale, and East Brainerd.

District 5:3A would be McMinn Central, Meigs County, Polk County, Sweetwater, and Sequoyah. They have a 4A beside of Sequoyah, so does that mean Sequoyah would be competing in 4A during the playoffs? If someone knows, please let everyone else know. Thanks.