Best starting five in Middle TN

Gimmetheball

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a topic that should be broken down to A, AA, and AAA but...heres my argument for culleoka...

in a starting five your looking for different pieces to the lineup

culleoka has a leader and a standout player at point guard in demario williams...a mr. basketball finalist

PG 6'4

at the 2 guard you have good size and athleticism and a guy who can drain the three in chad stephens

SG 6'3

they also have a lockdown defender and the guy who does the little things to get the team a win in c.j. holt

SF 6'2

and they have one of the biggest one two punches down low in the state with antwan and shawn beech down low

PF 6'6

C 6'7

doesnt get much better than that...

this is a topic that should be broken down to A, AA, and AAA but...heres my argument for culleoka...

culleoka has a leader and a standout player at point guard in demario williams...a mr. basketball finalist

PG 6'4

at the 2 guard you have good size and athleticism and a guy who can drain the three in chad stephens

SG 6'3

they also have a lockdown defender and the guy who does the little things to get the team a win in c.j. holt

SF 6'2

and they have one of the biggest one two punches down low in the state with antwan and shawn beech down low

PF 6'6

C 6'7

If those heights are for real, and what you say about these kids is true then this could very easily be the best line-up in the state! The only one I know for a fact is williams.

the twins from culleoka are big and are really starting to figure the game out...what alot of ppl dont realize is before high school shawn had never played organized basketball and his life and antwan played one year of middle school ball....these guys are very raw but there learning how to play the game...they can block shots at will and there offense is really turning around...while culleoka isnt that deep this year the starting five look very good

WHITE HOUSE and i will explain.

Jeremy Barnes 4 year varsity starter. CO-MVP of the district last year with John Jenkins. Unlimited range.

Rogers Gaines- ALL STATE as a junior. Unstopable when he gets the ball down low. Great hands and great passer.

Garrett Wood - Played varsity since he was a freshman. Great rebounder. Has come a long way the last few years.

Could post many double -doubles this year.

Zack Trobaugh-Played varsity as a Freshman. Sit out Soph year, and was 6th man last year.

5th starter could be Matt Parker, Chad Neal, Michael Travis. All are very good ballplayers. Parker is a great athlete, and so is Neal. Travis has been getting varsity minutes since his soph year and always hustles.

I would also say that the trio of Gaines, Barnes, and Wood is as good as you'll find anywhere in TN. Im not saying their the best , but im very confident in saying that their AS GOOD as any TRIO you'll see this year.

Good to see that you are still living in the white house dream world. Average players shouldn't be considered the best we will see all year. Please tell me that you are not comparing Barnes to Jenkins. Co-MVP was a gift for someone that barely averaged double digits. How would the White House starting five compare to Gallatin?

If you are reading this post and looking for a talented athletic team to watch travel to Gallatin to see the Green Wave.

Good to see that you are still living in the white house dream world. Average players shouldn't be considered the best we will see all year. Please tell me that you are not comparing Barnes to Jenkins. Co-MVP was a gift for someone that barely averaged double digits. How would the White House starting five compare to Gallatin?

If you are reading this post and looking for a talented athletic team to watch travel to Gallatin to see the Green Wave.

Easily White House . not even close

PG 6'4

SG 6'3

SF 6'2

PF 6'6

C 6'7

I didn't know chad stephens was 6'3. I knew Cully was tall but looking at the numbers opened my eyes that they really are a legit contender and should be a dominant team.

the twins from culleoka are big and are really starting to figure the game out...what alot of ppl dont realize is before high school shawn had never played organized basketball and his life and antwan played one year of middle school ball....these guys are very raw but there learning how to play the game...they can block shots at will and there offense is really turning around...while culleoka isnt that deep this year the starting five look very good

Yea, true They have a lot of raw talent but i do believe both(Shawn and Antwan) played for Cully's middle school team in the 8th grade.

How would they compare to Gallatin? They have a better starting lineup then Gallatin in my opinion. Not as athletic , but definetly better players. Gallatin beat White House in summer camp last summer by about 5. Barnes did not play because of an ankle injury he had most of the summer. Jenkins is a big time D1 player. He will sign somewhere big, but in my opinion Barnes could play D1 somewhere. I think people that know basketball realize this. I don't think its a secret. People also have to understand that scoring isn't everything. They also have to realize that the #1 option for White House is Gaines. Who would not have him as the #1 option in their teams offense????? Barnes realizes that and plays to win. When Barnes was a sophmore 6 ft 6 Cumberland University player Steven Jamison was the #1 option. Also White House runs a patient/offense that don't score alot of points. (Even though that might change this year.) Too many weapons this year, along with a ton of depth.

Gallatin White House

1)M Mims/M Lewis 1) Cneal/Barnes

2) B Hunter 2)Barnes/Trobaugh

3)M Sweat 3)Trobaugh/Travis

4) Newbill 4)Wood

5)Malone 5)Gaines

Gallatin has a great team. No doubt about it. I think those are the starters on Gallatin, and those will probably be the starters on White House once everyone gets back. Every time i see B. Hunter play he plays well. Also Newbill is a super athlete, and has improved his game. By the way Barnes had 23 last night with 4 assists and 4 three pointers in his 1st game back after football with a bumb ankle. Their have been 4 people to turn around White House's program these last 3 years. The previous 3-4 years before that White House won maybe 20 games in those years total. Danny Mathis , Jeremy Barnes, Steven Jamison, and Rogers Gaines has put White House basketball back on the map.Mathis was as good of a coach as you will find anywhere. He was as good as it gets in the coaching business. I think Dee Spencer is also very intense which in my opinion is what you need. I think he will be a super coach before all is said and done. He's doing a great job so far IMO having to replace a legend like Danny Mathis.