Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

I say South BIG in this one!! South (and Curt) has something to prove. I have a STRONG feeling that after this game there will BE NO DOUBT as to who the better team is even though they will split wins. Greeneville played South earlier this season before they (in boxing terms) let the hands go, and that almost puts you at a greater disadvantage than other opponents because you THINK you know what to expect. So Kev-o get your last little bit of say in this week because after Friday your mouth will be full!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Please ask me what it will be full of!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So cap who are yall playing friday.......... O thats right yall got knocked off my Vol in the first round. Man i thought it was going to be yall hear playing south, with the way yall ran your mouths. What happened Cap i had tickets for you at the Greeneville vs vol game, you know the same team that put you out in the first round. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> wait wait i know what your going to say " I call them like i see them" well with the way you saw vol knock you guys out of playoffs an the way we knocked east out, i would say you dont see very good. Your word means nothing to Greeneville people anymore, after you came on our board running your pie hole an putting Greeneville down, you lost respect an your credibility. Good day /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promise you I'm not Cody...One of his friends yes...not him. If i was half the athlete he is I think I would be getting ready for a game on Friday night not watching South what do you think? Knoxville is better because of Alcoa (dominant in 2A), Fulton (very competitive state wide in 3A), Maryvile (beyond dominant in 4A), and then we have teams like Bearden who is up every few years, who by the way finished ahead of DB in the region this year. Farragut knocked DB out of the playoffs this year. Oak Ridge was in a state championship game three years ago, I believe it was, against I want to say Ravenwood. Now, your right Powell hasn't been all that competitive on the state level if you just look at wins and losses. My freshman year Powell was up on Maryville 21-7 at half, My JR year Powell shut Maryville out in the second half...got the ball back with just over three minutes to play and was down by four but couldn't capitalize. Knoxville Central has played Maryville extremely tough in past years. Knoxville teams compete with Maryville better then anyone else save melrose in 06. Their can only be one state champ per division. How many years has the 2A 3A and 4A state champ been from NET? Please don't try to make the argument that Knoxville isn't dominant, you have no facts to back that up. Now, your right I was very young in 93, but I know two years before that Powell was playing for a s state championship. and I believe in 94 or 95 we reached the state semis which at the time was much harder to do because of the 3 classification system. Now like I said, I would much rather talk about South Greeneville then beat a dead horse.

Kev-o, I'm not a south fan, and I have no idea if they will be able to run the ball at all. I was just thinking that since the QB is a threat to run the football that they may need an extra guy walked up in to the box. I was just wondering how they would compensate for South's spread formations. Like I said that natural adjustment for that D is to walk a backer out. So the devil faithful feel like Greeneville can stop the run using just 7 in the box?

Wrong again Cody! As you will see in Exihibit A, you lost in '94 to ANOTHER NET team Cherokee in the quarters in AAAA. The only time you made it as far as the semis, you were still AA.

Playoff History for Powell

AA Lenoir City W 34-17 Early Round

AA Gatlinburg-Pittman L 20-0 Early Round

AA Gatlinburg-Pittman W 31-17 Early Round

AA Anderson County W 35-6 Early Round

AA Kingston W 43-16 Quarterfinal

AA Austin-East W 13-8 Semifinal

AA Brentwood Academy L 49-7 Finals

AA Alcoa W 26-14 Early Round

AA Chuckey-Doak W 14-7 Early Round

AA Sweetwater W 13-7 Quarterfinal

AA Marion County L 7-6 Semifinal

AAAA Brentwood W 28-20 Early Round

AAAA Sullivan South L 10-7 Early Round

AAAA Brentwood W 35-21 Early Round

AAAA Sullivan Central W 21-7 Early Round

AAAA Cherokee L 24-21 Quarterfinal

AAAA Elizabethton W 19-6 Early Round

AAAA Baylor L 20-16 Early Round

AAAA Elizabethton W 27-13 Early Round

AAAA Baylor L 28-21 Early Round

AAAA Cleveland W 31-21 Early Round

AAAA Maryville L 34-7 Early Round

AAAA Rhea County L 34-27 Early Round

AAAA East Ridge W 21-20 Early Round

AAAA Maryville L 40-11 Early Round

AAAA Chattanooga Central L 31-7 Early Round

AAAA Cleveland W 21-0 Early Round

AAAA Maryville L 21-16 Early Round

AAAA Hixson W 46-14 Early Round

AAAA Maryville L 27-0 Early Round

AAAA Red Bank L 37-0 Early Round

Oh yes, and the last team to beat Maryville in the playoffs in the past 8 years is Mo. West. NET's Mo West. So, in summary, Panther Cody, unless you are a Maryville fan, I don't want to hear about 4A Knoxville dominance! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now now Volman

His Powell team did lead Maryville in his Freshman year....but got beat

And then a couple of years later they shut Maryville out in the 2nd half....but lost that one too

So I would say that he has a lot of almost wins to brag on /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

And FYI: DB has a winning record against the Knoxville teams they face regularly: Farragut, Karns, and Bearden (including only 1 loss to Bearden, this year, and 1 loss to Karns ALL TIME).

Than I stand corrected as far as 94 and 95 although it seems like a bit of a stretch for u to reach back to 93 to prove your point. I don't understand how you can think for a second that all of Knoxville isn't dominant. Heck, all of your NET counterparts have accepted it. Just look at the division one talent difference. And again please stop showing your incompetence by referring to me as Cody. As I said he is getting reps at EKU this year...look up his stats, he's probably a little too busy for this stuff. I'm fully aware that Mo West beat Maryville that year. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Looking at the full body of work Knoxville is better hands down. For you to disagree is ridiculous. U have attested to Powell's limited success because of the Maryville buzzsaw, but lets take a look at the D1 players they have produced in the past 4 years.

Zane Bruhin, John Bruhin, Lee Smith (Marshall)

Baron Huber (Alabama)

Cody Watts (EKU)

Ryan Key, Jay Courtney (Austin Peay)

Justin Galyon (UTC)

Jordan Lakin (UT - preferred walk-on)

Since your so in to the past let's see the list of division one athletes that South has produced.... Again, I'm not going to get in to the debate with you of which region is better. The answer is very very clear. So please, PLEASE lets just talk about this game from here on out.....I'm not trying to draw attention away from this match-up.

I thought it a bit odd he would come to Kingsport too, considering most people in Knoxville believe the state of Tennessee ends at Dollywood /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

He,s just scouting to see if they down the road need to worry /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Panther...I find it intrigueing that you would waste your time to come all the way to Kingsport to watch a Friday night football game in an area historically weak in the sport (from a statewide perspective) especially in light that you live and breath Knoxville football. With so many good programs to see in your home area why come to see us. And who came with you? A male friend? A female friend? So why did you come? To see Curt? We feel Curt is superior to both Sonny Gray and Brent Burnette but past Hamblem county few feel this way. Straight drop back passers are much more elegant in their style. They show great poise while remaining in the pocket attempting to find their target all the while owing their life to the pocket protectors. Spending their precious time finding a reciever instead to devoting one eye to finding a scramble route. Dual threat passers are a bastardized breed. They don't know whether they want to be a running back or a QB and trying all the while to be both. I feel that comparing a pocket passer QB to a dual threat QB is a futile comparison. Neither will ever be the other. The fact is that many college programs are running the spread and despite Peyton Mannings success the spread is best acclimated to a dual threat QB. Just the nature of the offense lends itself to the success of a scrambling QB. Many (including myself) feel that the art of scrambling is more attuned to the (lack of) an art of passing. In other words, the only true QB is the dropback passer. Yes, I feel this way. However, (you knew I was going to say this) Curt has the ability to do both. He can work just fine from a pocket with no inibitions and from the spread formation he is lethal.UT has profited about as long as they can from the Peyton Manning era. Housing 6-7 quality QB's on a regular basis and letting them fight it out will eventually bite them. UT is no longer Reciever University. Curt had no intentions of going to a name brand school and sitting in the film room for 4 years waiting in line. He may red shirt his Frosh year and rightlyfully so but he will start his Soph year and could easily play as a Frosh. Curt took himself out of the recruiting process because he learned very quickly how the cards are played. He bit the bullet and bought himself a very good set of circumstances. It will come back to bite UT. They don't want a dual threat QB but some of UT's finest have been just that. I think we all know who they are. In my opinion, Crompton is hands down the better QB than Ainge even though I like dropback passers. I don't think anyone can deny that Fulmer has lost touch with the program. It is in need of revitalization. Would Peyton be a good coach? What a dream come true. But as far as your post is concerned, you don't need to feel badly that you feel Knoxville football is superior to NET football. We know this. We are not in denial. However, when we have a D1 prospect he is usually a DEE ONE prospect. Pay attention going forward. You have all the press available. We have none. You have all the money. We have none. You have all the facilities. We have none. You have all the stiff competition. We do not. You have all the high dollar coaches. We do not. But you know what? We might surprise you this year. We will see. And if we do then we will get stronger. You have to build it and we have some people in place that want to build it. The one thing I despise is to hear someone say, "We will do good if we make it to the quarterfinals". Well, there are some people up here that won't be satisfied with the status quo. And success breeds success. I imagine that is Knoxville's claim to fame, yes? So chastise us all you like but we are tired of being your water boys and we will do what we have to do to get there.If you must post on our boards then feel free. Howver, don't chastise us up here in bumpkinville. We may be in the mountains up here but we are educated. Don't come on our boards saying we are weak and that Curt is not what your heard he is and then spend your next 4-5 posts trying to appoligize. Just say what you think and be done with it. We don't need no sugar coating. If you have a superior system and superior athletes then give us some advise. What are we doing wrong. And don't say we just don't have the athletes because we all know that won't wash. If you want to be helpful then be critical but in a teaching way and we will listen. We are open for suggestions.So good luck Devils this week and luck to my Rebels. Have a good practice today.

Man ..thats was REAL ON THE MONEY /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh yes, and the last team to beat Maryville in the playoffs in the past 8 years is Mo. West. NET's Mo West. So, in summary, Panther Cody, unless you are a Maryville fan, I don't want to hear about 4A Knoxville dominance! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1) Yes, we are a NET team (MoWest) and extremely proud to be.

2) Any win against the Maryville machine is a great win no matter the year or circumstances.

3) As for the Knoxville area dominance -- the population is much greater in Knox/Anderson/Blount County, so naturally there are more athletes. There is no way a town/county the size of Morristown/Hamblen County or even Kingsport/Sullivan County is going to match the number of players located in the Knox area.

4) People are more likely to move in the Knox County area to play at a good sport school. Or even move from Knox County to Blount County if the opportunity arises. (You will not find many students changing schools for sports in NET -- it just does not happen that often).

So, in summary, if the Knoxville area is (and I am not saying they are) more dominant, then they should be! However, I am wondering if anyone from Blount County would put themselves in the Knox County area?

And now the argument, the classification system is supposed to even things up -- BUNCO. There is a reason so many D1 prospects end up at one school and it has nothing to do with zoning or classification. I just wish those of us in NET could figure out how to get it done.

So cap who are yall playing friday.......... O thats right yall got knocked off my Vol in the first round. Man i thought it was going to be yall hear playing south, with the way yall ran your mouths. What happened Cap i had tickets for you at the Greeneville vs vol game, you know the same team that put you out in the first round. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> wait wait i know what your going to say " I call them like i see them" well with the way you saw vol knock you guys out of playoffs an the way we knocked east out, i would say you dont see very good. Your word means nothing to Greeneville people anymore, after you came on our board running your pie hole an putting Greeneville down, you lost respect an your credibility. Good day /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is the only way I can explain how EVERYBODY ELSE out side Greeneville views you and your words /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . No words are necessary.

Yea...being the fist time in SEVEN years my team hasn't made the second round is a little disheartening to say the least but like I said before...you win some and you lose some. We're just fortunate that the "lose some" part doesn't happen that often at THS in any sport! Kev-o surly I don't have to remind you that you and your team are out WAY past your normal post season curfew, and only one foot out of a three year loosing record. So like a said earlier enjoy this week while it last because after the game I expect you to man up and say these words "Curt Philips is the man" like everybody else does!!!

Than I stand corrected as far as 94 and 95 although it seems like a bit of a stretch for u to reach back to 93 to prove your point. I don't understand how you can think for a second that all of Knoxville isn't dominant. Heck, all of your NET counterparts have accepted it. Just look at the division one talent difference. And again please stop showing your incompetence by referring to me as Cody. As I said he is getting reps at EKU this year...look up his stats, he's probably a little too busy for this stuff. I'm fully aware that Mo West beat Maryville that year. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. Looking at the full body of work Knoxville is better hands down. For you to disagree is ridiculous. U have attested to Powell's limited success because of the Maryville buzzsaw, but lets take a look at the D1 players they have produced in the past 4 years.

Zane Bruhin, John Bruhin, Lee Smith (Marshall)

Baron Huber (Alabama)

Cody Watts (EKU)

Ryan Key, Jay Courtney (Austin Peay)

Justin Galyon (UTC)

Jordan Lakin (UT - preferred walk-on)

Since your so in to the past let's see the list of division one athletes that South has produced.... Again, I'm not going to get in to the debate with you of which region is better. The answer is very very clear. So please, PLEASE lets just talk about this game from here on out.....I'm not trying to draw attention away from this match-up.

Jason Witten-Elizabethton High School (Dallas Cowboys)! Beat it. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

This is the only way I can explain how EVERYBODY ELSE out side Greeneville views you and your words /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . No words are necessary.

Yea...being the fist time in SEVEN years my team hasn't made the second round is a little disheartening to say the least but like I said before...you win some and you lose some. We're just fortunate that the "lose some" part doesn't happen that often at THS in any sport! Kev-o surly I don't have to remind you that you and your team are out WAY past your normal post season curfew, and only one foot out of a three year loosing record. So like a said earlier enjoy this week while it last because after the game I expect you to man up and say these words "Curt Philips is the man" like everybody else does!!!

Man you can bring up last year the year before the year before that, but it does not matter cuz this is this year an thats all that matters. So because this is the first time in 7 years you didn't make the second round we should respect you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> i think not! All that tells me is the past 7 years they could get the job done an this years team couldn't. Go on a say how Greeneville has not been in the playoffs for a long time an they have had some bad seasons, its ok tho cuz at the end of THIS year Greeneville got the job done an TN High bowed down to big daddy Sullivan South. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />