Greeneville at Sullivan South

KEV-O

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a house full of grandbabies all weekend, so I guess I'll be otherwise engaged.

Hey Jello Winch! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I feel badly that you can't make the game. That's like one of the coaches not making it! Can we not bring them babies to the Valley? I was arranging a ring on the field at halftime just for you! Seriously, it just ain't right. I know your spirit will be there though. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I did not say they didn't talk trash. I said they have the right to. Year in and year out they either win the mountain lakes or get second. Also, the reason I said that was a response to one of your Greeneville fans saying they have no right to say something because they are done and they didn't care about them making it past the first round 7 years in a row,and I am sure,based on what you just said about Greeneville fans,is that if Greeneville made it past the first round of the playoffs 7 straight years we would hear about it ALL the time.

And my mistake,what was I thinking,I guess I didn't get the memo that you're not allowed to post on any other page if it doesn't concern your school. Respecting what another school has done the last few years in football is just absolutely RIDICULOUS. So my apologies.

I said they should not be on hear talking crap when they are out, heck if any school has no right to say anything its central, an cocke co. Your right i dont care they didn't make it for the first time in 7 years. But what ticket me off was Tn High fans came onto the Greeneville board bad mouthing them an the rest of the region saying how its going to come down to Tn High an South. After all that trash talking TN High got put out in the first round by our 3rd place team. So if a team is going to come on here an talk crap at least back it up.......... do you understand that BACK IT UP ( something central has not been able to do) The only teams that can talk crap right now an back it up are West, Vol, Gville, an South.

I said they should not be on hear talking crap when they are out, heck if any school has no right to say anything its central, an cocke co. Your right i dont care they didn't make it for the first time in 7 years. But what ticket me off was Tn High fans came onto the Greeneville board bad mouthing them an the rest of the region saying how its going to come down to Tn High an South. After all that trash talking TN High got put out in the first round by our 3rd place team. So if a team is going to come on here an talk crap at least back it up.......... do you understand that BACK IT UP ( something central has not been able to do) The only teams that can talk crap right now an back it up are West, Vol, Gville, an South.

Do you truly think I got on here and talked trash?? Where on earth did I talk trash saying anything about Central. I said TN High and South have programs that we are working to build to. I said I think South is gonna win. Oh man, I talk so much trash,I really think I got some people with that one.

And how can West and Volunteer back it up when they are now eliminated. I thought thats why TN High couldn't say anything?

KEVO...c'mon...Cap is good people. He is somebody you want on your side when the bullets start flying. Yeah, he's loud...but he's put some athletes in that school. I picked you to win the IMAC long ago. He as well knew you would be a front runner. Yes, his choice was MoWest but he's traditional like that. With him you don't get approval 'till you've earned it. Yes, long time coming for Greenville...and the upgrade of NET. Trust me, if you make it to the party he will carry your flag. They were good...maybe better than South...maybe better than you, and yes, maybe better than Volunteer. BUT, they choked! So they got a slap on the back to cough it up...but look out for them next year and in our society once you are the man you stay the man for a long time. Look at it this way...they pushed Volunteers button and they (Volunteer) found out they had something left. Mo better for NET! Upgrade it Bro'! One thing...we had to play them and it was a dog fight. If you had to play them you too would testify! I think it speaks well of Volunteer but we all know they were the Jeckyl and Hyde team this year. Lighten up dude. You're the one playing Friday night. Ain't that enough Crowe for them?

This is not directed at only you, Kev, but would you guys kindly take this to another thread?? On the last 2 pages, for example, 50-60 % is someone arguing about who is the worst (or best, depending how you look at it) trash talker or someone debating NET vs KNOX football stength. I'd like to see us limit this to South vs Greeneville---that is the thread, is it not. I don't mind a tangent, from time to time, but you guys could do another thread justice.

Thanks, If you don't get off this thread, I'm going to tell HeyHowsitGoing to kick the living ____ out you and kick your

_______. He can do it too!!

You mean, MARYVILLE is dominant. End of discussion. When they move to 5A, region 3 AAAA will not win the state. How many other region 3 AAAA teams have won a state? I'm done with it. I've given you WAY too much of my time.

If you take Maryville out of the equation then Powell wins state in 03 behind Mr. Football runner up Derek Milligan (if you know football you can't question that Powell was the second best team in the state that year...like I said they had Maryville down 21-0 at one point. 04 was rough for this region and that Mo West team was pretty darn good that year you won't get an argument out of me there. In 05 Powell and Central were as good as anyone in the state. I mentioned what happened in the Powell Maryville playoff game that year and Central played them exceptionally well too. In 06 I think that Central would have made the state championship game only to be beaten by an incrediby impressive Memphis Melrose team. So how many teams have won a title in the past few years: none. If you take Maryville out of the equation then it would be at least 1 possibly 3 since 03. Now I understand that 3 in 5 years isn't Maryville like but it's still dominant. The only reason that some of those Powell and Central teams didn't win state is because of Maryville, you can't say the same about teams from upper east TN no matter how much you would like to. And if you want to delve into the past Halls has won a title. I'm pretty sure Clinton has won a state title. There have been other teams from our region win state. I'm not being a smart alleck when I ask this, I just really don't know the answer. How many NET teams have won a state title?

Panther, I don't think anyone here is saying Region 3 has not been the dominate Region. I do think, and anyone can correct me if I am wrong, we are trying to say:

1. Outside of Maryville, which is in Blount County not Knoxville, Region 3, in my eyes, has not been particularly impressive. I am not going into specfics of every 4a school in Region 3. D-B has represented very, very well in 5a over the years. In fact I would argue that D-B, outside of not winning the gold ball was on of the most dominate teams in East Tennessee in any class throughout the 90's and 2000's.

2. Playing Maryville year in and year out no doubt raises the competition in Region 3. For example, back in the 90's when Science Hill was winning Basketball State Championships, every school in Region 1 had to raise their game, the result was most teams in Region 1 were extremely competitive when they ventured outside Region 1. Florida and Steve Spurrier raised the level of competition in the SEC. When the classes were split to form 4a and 5a, D-B would schedule teams like MBA and have Oak Ridge every year, these tough teams raised the level of competitiveness for the Indians and showed them what it takes to compete on a state level.

3. The recruiting services that I have read tell me that you are wrong about Curt, some services list him as the TOP Qb in the state. I would take their opinion over any of our's any day and at the end of the day our opinions don't really matter.

4. Curt has deceptive speed, almost like Matt Jones that played QB at Arkansas a few years back, he looked like he was running slow, but no one could catch him.

5. Most everyone took offense to your critique of Curt, you could have worded it better, however it came out like "All I have heard is Curt this and Curt that, I saw him and he ain't all that." Were not saying you didn't play against awesome athletes in Region 3, just don't down ours, because according to Wisconsin and the recruiting services, he is that good. Will that translate into a great college career? Only time will tell. I have seen a lot of 5 star recruits turn out to be very sub par.

6. I don't know about the game becoming a shoot out. Both teams moved the ball well the last time the 2 met. South's D played better last week than they played in the previous two outtings. They are young and have gotten better as the season went along, however like computsatman alluded to before, we have yet to see the kind of intensity that was there for the Science Hill game. As far as South's O, someone else would have to answer that question for you, I don't know if it is a true read or not. I think it always favors the losing team when a rematch takes place, if the first game was close. (LSU vs UT 2001, UT wins then looses the rematch in the SEC Championship game.) Plus the game is at Death Valley. I think this game will be close with South's D holding the Devils and then the South O taking it down the field to score a late TD to ice the game. Could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

Lots of good stuff here in this post. I mean this is a really well put together argument. First of all your right, DB has been impressive....I won't try to attack that schools tradition because as far as I know they never backed down from anyone and always competed on a state level to some degree although at the end of the day all that matters is the trophy case (which is exactly why Powell and Central don't get any credit in Knoxville.) So I don't doubt that DB has been impressive, I just feel like since 2003, overall the knoxville area has been more impressive then the upper east tennessee area. And I suppose your right about my wording, but I do stick by my guns that everything I heard about Curt was that he was an absolutely amazing athlete with a rocket arm and I didn't see that. I saw an impressive leader with a lot of heart and a desire to carry his football team (which can take you a long way.) I did not see 4.55 speed or an overly strong arm although he did make smart decisions with the football...and thats something that you cannot teach. I'll say it again, I hope he goes to Wisconsin and sets the world on fire...I'm not here to bash an 18 year old kid and say that hes terrible or anything like that. I was simply giving my opinion of what I saw against Mo West. If what you are saying is true about the recruiting services, then maybe I am wrong about Curt. As I said, I'm basing my whole opinion of him on one game. And I can buy you sneaky fast explanation for now...but if they get to Maryville (or Red Bank would be an even better barometer of speed) we'll see if he's still running away from people.

Panther...any D1 QB worth his cleats does not run plays. He reads. The whole offense reads. And when he reads fiction he picks the biggest man on the field to read to.

I don't have a clue what you just said about fiction or whatever. Of course every D1 QB reads on plays he supposed to read on. Every one A junior varsity starter reads when the play calls for it. If the coach calls a give then he darn sure better give it. Not much of a read there. My question may have been a little beyond your comprehension of football. See out of the new-age spread offense teams run a play called a "read-option" which means that typically the line zone blocks (that means they don't have a man they block an area) and the QB reads the back side (that means the side away from where the running back is going) C-gap player. He'll either read the back side end or a backer coming outside, what I'm trying to say is in a true gun read option the QB is taught to read an area more then a man against most HS defenses. The QB makes the decision to give the ball to the RB or pull the ball and take it out the back side. So my question is, and hopefully 83SouthRebel can shine some light on this for me since he's the only one who seems to be well informed, on the plays in the gun when Curt sticks the ball into Fletcher's gut and then carries out a fake running it out the back side...are those plays reads or are they called gives. I never saw Curt pull it on these plays against Mo West....now I'm thinking maybe that was just because of the way that Mo West was playing, but I can't be sure without watching a film or getting some insider information.

This is not directed at only you, Kev, but would you guys kindly take this to another thread?? On the last 2 pages, for example, 50-60 % is someone arguing about who is the worst (or best, depending how you look at it) trash talker or someone debating NET vs KNOX football stength. I'd like to see us limit this to South vs Greeneville---that is the thread, is it not. I don't mind a tangent, from time to time, but you guys could do another thread justice.

Thanks, If you don't get off this thread, I'm going to tell HeyHowsitGoing to kick the living ____ out you and kick your

your right im done talking about this stuff. So what has south done to stop Greenevilles O

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Yeah........what he said!!

Seriously though.........South 35 Greenville 7. The rebels have a score to settle and as for as the Rebel defense.......lets just say they have a point to make. GO REBELS!!!!!

If you take Maryville out of the equation then Powell wins state in 03 behind Mr. Football runner up Derek Milligan (if you know football you can't question that Powell was the second best team in the state that year...like I said they had Maryville down 21-0 at one point. 04 was rough for this region and that Mo West team was pretty darn good that year you won't get an argument out of me there. In 05 Powell and Central were as good as anyone in the state. I mentioned what happened in the Powell Maryville playoff game that year and Central played them exceptionally well too. In 06 I think that Central would have made the state championship game only to be beaten by an incrediby impressive Memphis Melrose team. So how many teams have won a title in the past few years: none. If you take Maryville out of the equation then it would be at least 1 possibly 3 since 03. Now I understand that 3 in 5 years isn't Maryville like but it's still dominant. The only reason that some of those Powell and Central teams didn't win state is because of Maryville, you can't say the same about teams from upper east TN no matter how much you would like to. And if you want to delve into the past Halls has won a title. I'm pretty sure Clinton has won a state title. There have been other teams from our region win state. I'm not being a smart alleck when I ask this, I just really don't know the answer. How many NET teams have won a state title?

Lots of good stuff here in this post. I mean this is a really well put together argument. First of all your right, DB has been impressive....I won't try to attack that schools tradition because as far as I know they never backed down from anyone and always competed on a state level to some degree although at the end of the day all that matters is the trophy case (which is exactly why Powell and Central don't get any credit in Knoxville.) So I don't doubt that DB has been impressive, I just feel like since 2003, overall the knoxville area has been more impressive then the upper east tennessee area. And I suppose your right about my wording, but I do stick by my guns that everything I heard about Curt was that he was an absolutely amazing athlete with a rocket arm and I didn't see that. I saw an impressive leader with a lot of heart and a desire to carry his football team (which can take you a long way.) I did not see 4.55 speed or an overly strong arm although he did make smart decisions with the football...and thats something that you cannot teach. I'll say it again, I hope he goes to Wisconsin and sets the world on fire...I'm not here to bash an 18 year old kid and say that hes terrible or anything like that. I was simply giving my opinion of what I saw against Mo West. If what you are saying is true about the recruiting services, then maybe I am wrong about Curt. As I said, I'm basing my whole opinion of him on one game. And I can buy you sneaky fast explanation for now...but if they get to Maryville (or Red Bank would be an even better barometer of speed) we'll see if he's still running away from people.

I don't have a clue what you just said about fiction or whatever. Of course every D1 QB reads on plays he supposed to read on. Every one A junior varsity starter reads when the play calls for it. If the coach calls a give then he darn sure better give it. Not much of a read there. My question may have been a little beyond your comprehension of football. See out of the new-age spread offense teams run a play called a "read-option" which means that typically the line zone blocks (that means they don't have a man they block an area) and the QB reads the back side (that means the side away from where the running back is going) C-gap player. He'll either read the back side end or a backer coming outside, what I'm trying to say is in a true gun read option the QB is taught to read an area more then a man against most HS defenses. The QB makes the decision to give the ball to the RB or pull the ball and take it out the back side. So my question is, and hopefully 83SouthRebel can shine some light on this for me since he's the only one who seems to be well informed, on the plays in the gun when Curt sticks the ball into Fletcher's gut and then carries out a fake running it out the back side...are those plays reads or are they called gives. I never saw Curt pull it on these plays against Mo West....now I'm thinking maybe that was just because of the way that Mo West was playing, but I can't be sure without watching a film or getting some insider information.

Holy Batmobile--Panther---must not have seen my request--or did you just ignore it completely. This is ridiculous for everyone to have to sift thru your editorials, and you and just a couple of more are the only ones to give a Batsh__ about the subject. What does it take to get you off of here with all this non-South/non-Greenville batcrap. Take it somewhere else, pls---that's a plea!!! Everyone else, pls ignore him and do not respond, pls. Maybe he'll just go away. I almost wish his team (is it Powell--it doesn't matter)was still in it so he'd have a place to post.

If you don't stop, I'm calling HeyHowsitGoing.

Well Greeneville's O still has a point to make also...and i dunno maybe another 21-0 by greeneville in the first half...we will see...GO DEVILS!!!...wait we are the devils and we are playing in death valley lol kinda ironic...lol...

Maybe, the last irony has not played out yet!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />