Wilson Central @ Smyrna

Big Poppa 17

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W.C. has got to beware of the old "let down after a big game and win". I don't know if there was a bigger one in 5A than this one was. Also Smyrna must not think, just because they beat W.C. once, that they will do it again. Should be a great game.

Smyrna is all business week after week.

All this talk about anyone over looking or wanting revenge is all non sense.

Both teams know from this point on its all about being prepared and once the game starts executing what you do and not making mistakes.

The one thing I noted as Smyrna progressed last yr was everything is amplified. 1st downs feel like td's and 12 yard runs feel like 50 yard runs. One fumble or one penalty can be a killer.

I guarantee you this week this thread will be nothing but about how hot wc is right now and how they will now get revenge on smyrna.

There won't be 3 people outside of Smyrna pick smyrna to win this game.

2p is so far the only one that seems to recognize that smyrna is a very talented team that can do a lot of things offensively and has a defense that can run.

Also why is it that for a team to win the other team has to be over looking them? From the way it sounds wc beat riverdale in every phase and won the game because they were better friday night.

One of these teams will lose friday night and it will not be because anyboy over looked anybody.

can either team play with bearden or farragut

Yes. Bigger question is can either of them play with either WC or Smyrna.

Bearden may stand the better chance as evidently they play tougher defense seeing what they did to WB last night. Farragut probably has the best RB in the state in Sterling right now but Smyrna's Bryson will surprise folks and become known all over the state during his next three years of varsity football.

As to this weeks game I gotta go with Smyrna being a homer alum. Nothing against WC as they are playing great ball and making ALOT of folks eat their words about them being the bottom feeder of Region 4 this year.

This WILL be a great game and folks better get there early for seats as I am sure it will be packed!

I also see this game as being a close one with the point spread being in the single digets.

Hoping for an injury free game as who ever moves on will have a tough test the next week from the east!

I don't think you could have written it up any better..

Defending 5A State Champions who have already beaten this team one

vs

The team that some picked to finish LAST in the region

Oh, and did I mention this is a game for a berth into the State Championship SEMI-FINAL game?!?!

Wow..I get goosebumps thinking about this..

Speed vs Speed..Wilson Central has proved they can stop the power running game, and battle of having to run side to side. Smyrna has proved they can stop the power run and contains the outside running game very well too. We know Wilson Central can put the ball in the air pretty good, but we know that Smyrna does it better than arguably anyone in the state. Can Wilson Central stop the passing attack? The speed of Jeremiah Bryson coming out of the back field? And can Smyrna prevent a QB or a HB from single-handling beating them? Looking at the past games..Smyrna's defense has been SO solid even with these injuries, Day, King not playing as much, and Sanders getting burnt pretty much every game. Wow, this is gonna be a great game. Personally I would have felt MUCH better about playing at Wilson Central as we are undefeated on the Road for over 2 years including play-offs.

Its going to be packed even though its Thanksgiving week..some great Thanksgiving football. Like I said earlier though, I think Smyrna is just too high powered of a team, they can score from ANYWHERE, defense, special teams, and the 0bv. offense. If your gonna beat Smyrna, you have to score points on a GREAT defense or make it rain turnovers, something I don't see Wilson Central doing.

Good luck Bulldogs, I know you'll make me proud to be a Bulldog! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i think WC will win this one! wilson central has proved everyone worng i know aome of you hate to admit it but i mean come on they beat riverdale i belive Riverdale was the number 1 team in the state! therefore i am with my gold and blue!

i was at the game last night! and the wildcats looked un-stopable to me!!!! what was that song the wildcats were singing??? glory glroy something..... anybody know????

wildcats 28

bulldogs 14

Cat, that is the thing......WC is on a major high right now. Beating Riverdale is EVERY team in this region's dream. It is going to be hard to settle back down, esp since when they are walking the halls they are going to be HEROES to the rest of the school. WC has very small numbers dressed out which means a depth problem. Of course they said the same thing about Oakland in 98 too.....small numbers and hard to get down after putting out Riverdale, but we overcame it. Can WC do the same? Oakland had been there before, but WC hasn't. The staff is going to have their work cut out for them this week.

I am concerned for WC b/c Smyrna played 15 games last yr and now knows what it takes to go one game at a time and never taking an opponent for granted. You have to stay focused and almost approach each day of practice like a game. You have to know how to overcome the media attention that is sure to follow with each game that you win. It is VERY hard not to get caught up in the attention that the press gives you and the newfound celebrity status that you get in the community. Smyrna understands that as they have been through it. From experience myself, it is UNBELIEVABLE the amount of attention you get and easy not to feel invincible.

WC played 10 games last yr and ended the season on a very sour note. I worry about them with all the media attention that is coming, the conditioning, the small numbers in case of injury or giving a much needed blow in a FAST-paced game with the speed you are going to see this week. It is going to be tough........much tougher than this past week.

I hate to miss this game. I will be in GA......hopefully I will be able to pick it up online .I hate to miss this one.

can either team play with bearden or farragut

Well I'm pretty sure that people on here have commented on this, however, due to the excellent coaching staff's that both Smyrna and WC have that at this moment they are more concerned and focusing on each other and not looking forward at this point. I know that there were alot of comment on the Smyrna Lincoln Co. blog about it being Smyrna Riverdale next week, but I can promise you that those who truly matter in each program are not concentrating on week 4 of the playoff's at this point, they are focusing on next Friday, so once next Friday has come and went ask your question again, when it's time for it.

I don't own any purple but I will have on my Gallatin cap.

Well since you have fans of Gallatin that have always for some rude reason sat on Smyrna's side when we have played at your field, you can just sit with us again, at our home field! lol....

P.S. Get some purple! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />