MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

The score of this game was not indicative of how MBA domanted this game. I left the game at the start of the 4th, but all the credit (not all but most) needs to go to the MBA O-line and Defense. The O-line punushed BAs defensive line and opened some huge holes for all the running backs.

Congrats to both teams who are the two best teams in DII. And to MBA, what a great season (13-0), congrats to the coaching staff and team. Well done!

I hate to have to agree with that. We played just like we did during the first meeting and you guys cranked it up a notch. It could have easily been worse.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool you to FR? I dont go there, is it a good place?

Every team I go for loses... Did I want BA to win? Nah, but I didnt want MBA to either, but I dont want BA adding any more titles to their already large collection.

Don't act like you did not want BA to win, you go there. Your the student w/ the electronic megaphone and the big mouth. Am I mistaken on that??

I picture his next meaningful line being, "Fries with that?".

first of all, congrats to mba. Second, I did not have a dog in this fight but why do you have to put him down? When he made those predictions it was just something fun to do, just like ALL predictions.. so chill out and show some class. Coacht was not made for people to put each other down. It is meant to be fun and for a bunch of football junkies to talk. I thought MBA was supposed to be all classy and proper, but I guess they just llike to put others down and holds themselves up on a pedistool above everyone else.

Congratulations to MBA on a well earned win.

MBA won the battle of field position and their O line clearly won vs BA's D line. I don't know what the average starting posessions were, but I'd bet BA's was around the 15 and MBA's was around the 45 or so. MBA's kicking game was all it was billed to be and the chief reason for the difference in field position. I also don't think I've ever seen a game where only 4 or 5 passes were completed (w/ 2 of them coming on BA's last desperation drive with 1:00 left in the game).

The officiating was a joke. Amazingly, with the game still in the balance (6-0 in the third) I heard BA fans yelling for the refs to "let them play!" on a call made against MBA . . . it was that bad. I still am not 100% sure what encroachment on the offence is and I certainly have never seen it called that many times. If BA's starting field position wasn't bad enough, they started each of their first 3 drives with 1st and 15's. Ultimately, I don't think it would have changed the outcome, but it certainly effected both teams and greatly took away from the game.

Congrats again to MBA -- the better team won tonight.

The officiating in this game was pitiful, although it didn't appear to be one-sided (I think MBA finished with more penalties and more penalty yards). A group of middle Tennessee officials I was sitting with said the crew for this game would not be considered being from a very strong official association. It really seemed as if they didn't want these teams to play with all of the early procedure calls. Given that these teams were in the top 5 in the league in fewest penalty yards per game, I'd say these officials were a little bit whistle-happy.

Nevertheless, hats off to the Big Red, and particularly to Coach McGugin and the seniors. Coach McGugin wasn't given much of a chance going into this season - and sadly, by some so-called MBA "supporters" who occasionally post on this site - yet all he did was lead this squad to the most wins in school history and another title in the state's toughest league. The seniors were phenomenal, too, in terms of leadership; having stalked the sidelines a few times this year, I saw a fire and spirit in the players that had been missing the past few years.

Congrats to BA as well on another great season. The Eagles look loaded for a few years to come, and probably are your preseason favorite going into 2008.

RRR

The officiating in this game was pitiful, although it didn't appear to be one-sided (I think MBA finished with more penalties and more penalty yards). A group of middle Tennessee officials I was sitting with said the crew for this game would not be considered being from a very strong official association. It really seemed as if they didn't want these teams to play with all of the early procedure calls. Given that these teams were in the top 5 in the league in fewest penalty yards per game, I'd say these officials were a little bit whistle-happy.

Nevertheless, hats off to the Big Red, and particularly to Coach McGugin and the seniors. Coach McGugin wasn't given much of a chance going into this season - and sadly, by some so-called MBA "supporters" who occasionally post on this site - yet all he did was lead this squad to the most wins in school history and another title in the state's toughest league. The seniors were phenomenal, too, in terms of leadership; having stalked the sidelines a few times this year, I saw a fire and spirit in the players that had been missing the past few years.

Congrats to BA as well on another great season. The Eagles look loaded for a few years to come, and probably are your preseason favorite going into 2008.

RRR

If you were sitting with officals did you happen to ask what offensive encroachment was? Not procedure, but encroachment.

Well Brandon100 my prediction was correct and yours was wrong. This shows you don`t know what you are talking about so until you do stay off Maryville rebels back. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

When you guys (Maryville) can even attempt to play a team like MBA , then you will have something to talk about. Until then, the flag football teams are forming at the YMCA for your next oppontent to run up your win streak.

As for the MBA Big Red....they were the better football team. Their offensive line whipped our defensive line....particularly the left side......their running backs were better.......their qb lead his team the way a qb should.......and last but not least.......they had a great defense in all aspects. Congratulations to MBA for another championship. They deserved it. BA got plain whipped by a better team. BA never could get going, as the ridiculous calls made by the refs killed their momentum all night. BA did not play with emotion or enthusiam. I was amazed watching some of the players just walking around behind the rest of the team when they weren't in the game. The bench nor was the team fired up........I take that back.......COACH POTTER was fired up at the refs and at the "encroachment" situation! A lack of being fired up is not BA football. i didn't see much encouragment between the players going on on the sidelines.......

If I was a coach on either side of this game, I would protest any of these refs from EVER calling another game with either team involved. It was the sorriest job of refing I have seen in the 35 years I have watched football. How they were picked to call this championship game, it is beyond me.

Itzme....you were right.....CJ did not really factor into the game.....although he was ALL BA had. I was really suprised that Joshua Tate never entered the game. The last time BA played MBA, he had over 120 yards.....

If you were sitting with officals did you happen to ask what offensive encroachment was? Not procedure, but encroachment.

I really didn't engage these guys in much conversation. Unfortunately, officials as fans tend to comment more on the officiating than the game play itself, which detracts from watching the game. I will ask one of them tomorrow; it's a legitimate question that had me baffled as well.

Well hey. Stop acting like a Murvullneck and reply to his post over there.

All I had was one post in the Maryville-Redbank thread that the score would be 21-7 in favor of Red Bank. Cobra Jet could not wait to post his sentiments in the BA-MBA thread tonite. He is lonely on a Saturday nite with nothing to do....Maybe if he went to the game tonight, he would see a REAL team play.....MBA...

Congrats MBAHow many seniors start on offense for MBA? How many seniors start on defense for MBA?

Not sure, but MBA had a HUGE senior class....I believe 32 or 33 seniors....