MBA vs. BA for STATE

vols98

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tweaking. However, I should leave vols98 alone before he tries to pin the Lindbergh kidnapping on one of our linebackers.

Don't be silly; BA's not that old. Although I've never heard the Flatt family's alibi for the time in question, and you know how he was...

I really didn't see the unsportmanlike acts being alleged, although on the streaming video, you got so many graphics that anything after the play was gone. Still, it's pretty obvious that sportmanship is dead, and I'm not really sure MBA can really point the finger at others on that score. I was at the MBA-Ryan freshman game. At the end of the game, the MBA players met for several minutes with their coaches in an end zone, then went as a group and jumped up and down at midfield. Yes, I know, I'm old, and I could have tolerated it if the game had ended with the ball near midfield, and there was some spontaneity to it. There wasn't. It's very seldom that anything connected with MBA embarrasses me, but that did. If Ryan beats MBA in the next three years, that's likely to come home to roost.

You would never have seen that from a team Tommy Owen coached.

Yea that vols98 guy whines a lot. So BA has won the most title in TN and they started that program in the 70s?

BA 10 MBA 9. Although i dont agree that past teams are relevant to present teams, MBA has won 98, 99, 00, 02, 03, 07. Brentwood Academy may have been on top in the late 70s to early 90s....but its notable to point out MBA's recent "gold balls" whether BA likes to admit it or not.

BA 10 MBA 9. Although i dont agree that past teams are relevant to present teams, MBA has won 98, 99, 00, 02, 03, 07. Brentwood Academy may have been on top in the late 70s to early 90s....but its notable to point out MBA's recent "gold balls" whether BA likes to admit it or not.

You are not responding to a BA supporter by the way with your post.

I agree with you that it is notable. Mildly inaccurate, but notable. I would consider our back to back 5A State Championships in 95 & 96 "mid- 90's" (We won 15 games both of those years). I think it is, also, notable that MBA had a century to win their gold balls and NEVER won a gold ball with a playoff system in place and all schools combined. The only non-mythical gold ball ever won by MBA was with 7-8 different divisions in place and the the public/private split. Since, we are talking notable...

You are not responding to a BA supporter by the way with your post.

I agree with you that it is notable. Mildly inaccurate, but notable. I would consider our back to back 5A State Championships in 95 & 96 "mid- 90's" (We won 15 games both of those years). I think it is, also, notable that MBA had a century to win their gold balls and NEVER won a gold ball with a playoff system in place and all schools combined. The only non-mythical gold ball ever won by MBA was with 7-8 different divisions in place and the the public/private split. Since, we are talking notable...

so you are saying that if public schools were included MBA wouldnt have won this state championship??? highly unlikely....mba beat hillsboro, every DII team they played, and independence. BA continues to shift the focus away from the fact that MBA won this year and is nationally ranked in the top 25 on a couple sites. Keep trying to discredit MBA's state championships. Really, its funny. I'm sure BA fans would react the same way if a maryville fan said anything about not earning their "state" championship last year.