Peabody @ Milan

theplayer

Some thoughts on the game.....

Seems to be alot of talk about Milans D around here.

IMO Peabodts D was "born" at half time of the Milan game this year. (Milan had 34 second half yards TOTAL)

Since then The Tide has given up a total of 40 pionts to JCS,USJ,Westview,and Carver. 22 came in the Westview game. 14 in a poor first half for the Tides D aginst Carver. 7 points each for great offenses from USJ and JCS.

Milan did a great job aginst Harper in the first game (so did Westview) but Johnson started his run for 1000 yard aginst The Milan D, gaining 200+. Peabody moved the ball at will in the second half and Milan had no answers.

Yes Milan has a great defense, but give the Tide there due, they are no more than a half step behind if any.

The only real edge I see the Dawgs having in this game is on the offensive line. And if the undersized Peabody O line plays as they did aginst Westview, that edge is slim.

With two great O's there is little doubt this game win be won or lost by one teams defense. And if they are even, turn overs will be the difference. IMO if Peabody does not turn the ball over, as they did in the first game, Milan can not win. At any point this is the game everyone wants, the winner, and the defeated will have made a great run this year. The town of Trenton will be empty Friday night, and we all are ready, to push this team all the way to the burrow.

The Peabody Golden Tide 20

The Milan Bulldogs 8

!!!ROLL TIDE!!!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually writing my post on this board, until I had seen yours. You said it perfectly. This is no slam whatsoever against a great Milan team, but Milan wins its games off of mistakes made by the opposing team. Of course a team is going to win if they have 5 interceptions and 2 fumbles. But if Peabody comes in to play, and does not have an excessive amount of turnovers, those "Trentonians" are in for a treat. IMO you can not stop the Peabody offensive, the question is will you outscore them? And as of lately it has been Milan's D that has stepped up their game. It will be a great game. Good luck to both teams this Friday!!!

Well, Milan does make points off mistakes like every team should and that's was makes Milan what they are...They captialize! If Milan would leave the center uncovered all night and blitz a linebacker at him ALL NIGHT he will throw the ball all over the field!!!!!! It happened when Trenton played Camden and it happened when Gibson Co. played Trenton...Blitz the center and I'll guarantee you he'll throw it over Kendal's head or off to the side of him more often than not!!!

Here is the difference about that. Kendal can move around the field A LOT quicker and easier than #12 from Huntingdon and Hudson from the JCS Eagles. With that said, if you send someone all night, the kid runs, makes something happen either down field or takes it him self and out runs everybody on the field. The team has many dimensions. They can throw the ball, the backs can run, the QB can throw and run. Like I said, it WILL be a good one. I am looking forward to it! Good luck!

I do agree with you that Milan is a very fast defense. They have really stepped up their game the past few games. I do have a question though. I have been to almost all of the Milan games this year and I just have not been impressed with their offense. Do you think that Milan will stay in it with Trenton because of their defense?

You can put all the spies on Kendall you have and there is no team in West Tenn that has stopped him or will stop him .He is the best all round athelete there is , and also do not forget Tomias Johnson , Mark Abbott and Macah Barnes . I think Peabody will go to Milan and take care of Business All that is left to say is ROLL TIDE.

Peabody 24

Milan 17

I agree with theplayer. Milan has a very speedy defense, and if there's anyone who can shut down Peabody's explosive offensive attack, it's Milan. You Peabody fans may disagree with me on that, but hey...it's my opinion. And they've more than proved themselves against great offenses this year. To name a few...Huntingdon, Camden, USJ, JCS, Peabody, Westview. All these teams mentioned have bigtime playmakers, yet Milan has been able to contain them for the most part. Milan plays their best ball come playoff time, and with them being in this position year in and year out, I see that playing an advantage for them. Milan will be ready for Peabody come Friday night, and that my friends is a FACT!! I see Kendall Harper having a fairly good game, but I don't see him doin to Milan what he's done to other teams as of late. I'm sticking to my previous prediction...Milan 24 - Peabody 17.

GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK BULLDOGS!!!

You can put all the spies on Kendall you have and there is no team in West Tenn that has stopped him or will stop him .He is the best all round athelete there is , and also do not forget Tomias Johnson , Mark Abbott and Macah Barnes . I think Peabody will go to Milan and take care of Business All that is left to say is ROLL TIDE.

Peabody 24

Milan 17

If you want to say "kind of slowed down"...Gibson Co. held him to about 114 yards and only 2 td's in Trenton's 14-10 win over Gibson Co. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />