Peabody @ Milan

theplayer

Milans defense didn't have it tonight, Harper and Johnson did. Missed too many tackles had the one TO taken back for a score and tons of penalties to Trentons none. Great job to the seniors. 2 semi and 2 quarter appearances in 4 years. Harper and Johnson both played great tonight. As for the Peabody fans....Yelling "get over it" while a player is down...thats good....I like ya'll playing "who let the Dawgs out" after the game.

Milan returns a ton of talent next year. 2008 stars monday.

No penalties on Trenton? Were you there? I heard on the radio a PI for a 15 yard penalty did the announcers make a mistake?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize until the second to last play Trenton had no penalties and yes I was there.

I wasn't there,BUT I did listen over the internet ! I'd have been there if I could have ! Just sounds like the

"DAWG - D" let it slip through their fingers to me. I wouldn't blame it on penalties ! When receivers get behind the secondary it usually ain't good ! Congratulations to Peabody on advancing to the semis & congrats to the "Dawgs" on a great run !

great job tonite junior. you probaly played the best game of you're life tonite. just came up a little short. i'm extremely proud of you in what you've accomplished. you are definitely a fine quarterback and a great football player. all i can say is, look out next year region 8 because with this kid taking the snaps and with all the returning starters coming back. milan wiill win the region again and make another run for the gold ball. don't look for anyone in the region to touch milan next year. congrats to peabody. ya'll are truly the best of the west and harper imo is the best athlete in the state. go and do gibson county and west tenn proud next friday. just remember gp scores with student body left and right sweeps. they will be tough but i'm expecting to see ya'll at the boro against alcoa. keep you're heads up dawgs because anybody who knows anything about high school football knows milan sets the standards for west tenn football. i didn't think i would be saying this but here goes ROLL TIDE!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

like i was telling you dudley do-gooders /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> on 2 different threads last week, milan and peabody wil be playing at johnnie hale this friday are ya'll gonna get all up on the governor against me again? i sure hope so. i need some fresh fish /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> milan will be playing goodpasture at nashville next friday. why, well i'll tell ya'll why. in my opinion peabody is and will be the better team on the field friday night, but they are playing milan and milan has pretty much had peabody's number the past 30 or so years. so you have to factor in that milan is playing at home, milan does have a pretty good defense, milan has 4 GOLD BALLS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> SO THE INTIMIDATION FACTOR IS THERE. and don't say that peabody won't be intimidated because they will be just like milan will be intimidated when they get to the boro to play alcoa whose 2nd home is nashville because they play there almost every year. so come on boys let's hear it. tell me i'm putting the cart before the horse. i've been doin it all year and it's only failed me once and that was that week 1 fluke at huntindon. milan wins this one 16-13. but hey, that's just my opinion. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ENJOYING THE CROW?

I wasn't there,BUT I did listen over the internet ! I'd have been there if I could have ! Just sounds like the

"DAWG - D" let it slip through their fingers to me. I wouldn't blame it on penalties ! When receivers get behind the secondary it usually ain't good ! Congratulations to Peabody on advancing to the semis & congrats to the "Dawgs" on a great run !

I did not blame the loss on penalties. I stated that Milan's D didn't play well enough to win. However I think we can both agree that as many penalty yards as milan had did not help our cause.

great job tonite junior. you probaly played the best game of you're life tonite. just came up a little short. i'm extremely proud of you in what you've accomplished. you are definitely a fine quarterback and a great football player. all i can say is, look out next year region 8 because with this kid taking the snaps and with all the returning starters coming back. milan wiill win the region again and make another run for the gold ball. don't look for anyone in the region to touch milan next year. congrats to peabody. ya'll are truly the best of the west and harper imo is the best athlete in the state. go and do gibson county and west tenn proud next friday. just remember gp scores with student body left and right sweeps. they will be tough but i'm expecting to see ya'll at the boro against alcoa. keep you're heads up dawgs because anybody who knows anything about high school football knows milan sets the standards for west tenn football. i didn't think i would be saying this but here goes ROLL TIDE!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wow......this is a great post. Milan football players should never, EVER hang their heads. They have proven themselves time and time again! They are known for GREAT football and always will be! I'm very glad though to see the Tidemen ROLL on to the next level.

I hope Trenton the best against Goodpasture and the rest of the way.

While it was a great game, Trenton fans (not going to classify all because I know there are a few bad apples in every group) were the most classless bunch I've ever seen. First of all, there were three Trenton teenage girls sitting in front of us ON MILAN'S SIDE, and they were screaming at us and mocking anything Milan did. Also, Jobronksi Gilbert got hurt, and a lot of people on Trenton's side were saying "GET OVER IT." I heard this on the Milan side, so I know some Peabody fans had to hear it.

I really hope these classless individuals don't represent the majority of Trenton's fans because that was the most unenjoyable enjoyable game I've ever seen due to some classless people.

Like I said, good job Trenton on the great win. Refs made a lot of horrible calls, BUT THAT WAS NOT THE REASON MILAN LOST! There's no excuse for our secondary play especially that of a certain senior.

Peabody deserved to win. There were some penalties but really Milan scored plenty and I don't think the penalties were much of a factor. The problem Milan had was defense and Trenton beat us fair and square. I saw very little penetration all night by the Bulldogs and the last drive by Peabody and the big plays were well played by Trenton and poorly played by Milan. As I heard Coach Morris say in the interview after the game "Giving up 6 touchdowns is not championship caliber". Trenton earned those scores by superior play and I hope you go all the way to the championship game. As for Milan, as other posters have noted, our quarterback is back and we have one of the strongest group of sophomores around so the future is bright. I think the best team won tonight and I never would have thought I would say that.

I did not blame the loss on penalties. I stated that Milan's D didn't play well enough to win. However I think we can both agree that as many penalty yards as milan had did not help our cause.

Agreed ! Negative yardage NEVER helps the cause , whether it be penalties ,sacks or dropped balls ! This one boiled down to turnovers as well. If I am correct the "Tide" had none. Great games usually boil down to the team that makes the fewest mistakes. And this WAS A GREAT GAME ! I just hate I had to listen on the laptop instead of being there.

I hope Trenton the best against Goodpasture and the rest of the way.

While it was a great game, Trenton fans (not going to classify all because I know there are a few bad apples in every group) were the most classless bunch I've ever seen. First of all, there were three Trenton teenage girls sitting in front of us ON MILAN'S SIDE, and they were screaming at us and mocking anything Milan did. Also, Jobronksi Gilbert got hurt, and a lot of people on Trenton's side were saying "GET OVER IT." I heard this on the Milan side, so I know some Peabody fans had to hear it.

I really hope these classless individuals don't represent the majority of Trenton's fans because that was the most unenjoyable enjoyable game I've ever seen due to this classless.

Like I said, good job Trenton on the great win. Refs made a lot of horrible calls, BUT THAT WAS NOT THE REASON MILAN LOST! There's no excuse for our secondary play especially that of a certain senior.

You've got to be kidding me! You are upset over 3 teenage girls? As far as someone saying "GET OVER IT" that could have been directed to somone else.............like a bulldog complaining about something....??? AND I bet you've NEVER heard a Milan supporter direct a negative or "classless" comment to the opponent!

You are right, there are bad apples in EVERY group..........like the one Milan mother that BARKED at me at the Div II Band competition a couple of years ago. I gotta give it to her though, she made the entire crowd laugh!!!!