Henry County VS Melrose Clash of the Titans!

Red Dawn

My thought is that HC offense is best i seen in a while. I think HC is going to put up as many points as they want against Melrose. Melrose haven't seen a offense like this, ]triple threat they are going to have to stop, its going to be hard for melrose to stop all three. How is Melrose offense going to put the points HC do,with HC Defense isn't bad besides the pass D. for what I know Melrose OFFENSE isn't as good as fairly's was.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that was at the game will attest to the fact that Fairley only had 2 things that were outstanding. #1 their lightning fast runningback & #2 their jamming band. Even though we won by 3 td's, our secondary was pretty pathetic for most of the game. I think at one point, until the 4th quarter, their qb had almost a 90% comp. rate. He threw several passes that could have been mistaken for punts that were completions. The passes were that bad! The only thing worse was our DB's. It seems as though in the 4th quarter, Gaddis had enough of subpar performances from some of our players and turned on the heat with the ones he knew could bear the load. Whatever it was, he stopped the leak in the boat and then it was smooth sailing. I said we won by 3 td's but it would have been worse if the elephant in the zebra costume on our side of the field knew anything about football. How in the world do justify calling a "REKICK" when Fairley fumbled a fair catch and we recover the ball? What a joke! You would think that in the 2nd rnd. of the playoffs you wouldnt have to worry about potential game changing bad calls by refs that cant even see their shoes. Much less keep up with high school athletes that have 4.5 speed. Surely TSSAA can do better than these buffet killers! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Anyone that was at the game will attest to the fact that Fairley only had 2 things that were outstanding. #1 their lightning fast runningback & #2 their jamming band. Even though we won by 3 td's, our secondary was pretty pathetic for most of the game. I think at one point, until the 4th quarter, their qb had almost a 90% comp. rate. He threw several passes that could have been mistaken for punts that were completions. The passes were that bad! The only thing worse was our DB's. It seems as though in the 4th quarter, Gaddis had enough of subpar performances from some of our players and turned on the heat with the ones he knew could bear the load. Whatever it was, he stopped the leak in the boat and then it was smooth sailing. I said we won by 3 td's but it would have been worse if the elephant in the zebra costume on our side of the field knew anything about football. How in the world do justify calling a "REKICK" when Fairley fumbled a fair catch and we recover the ball? What a joke! You would think that in the 2nd rnd. of the playoffs you wouldnt have to worry about potential game changing bad calls by refs that cant even see their shoes. Much less keep up with high school athletes that have 4.5 speed. Surely TSSAA can do better than these buffet killers! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you are a Henry county fan, I am ashamed of you, if you are not, then you are wishing your team was as good as the Patriots. THere is a lot more to pass defense than dbs, and for you to talk so negative is classless. Some plays were made by Fairley receivers, some plays were made by the HC defense, one int called back because of a penalty at the line of scrimmage. One touchdown can be crdited to poor Kick coverage, another to a long run to start the second half. HOw many times did we hit the qb, maybe a combination of good pass blocking, and plays by receivers being made is what should be said instead of the way your negative garb was posted. I would imagine that you ar eone of those that wanted our players off the field so that the opposing band could perform.

Sorry if you dont like the post prophet. However, sometimes the truth hurts. No im really not sorry, because im not politically correct. Not really trying to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy. These refs are getting paid to do this so I would expect a good job. I didnt know anything about their band until friday night, so I could care less whether they played or not. I heard them loud and clear on the other side of the field. Just giving credit where credit is due. I dont really care what your ashamed of either, sometimes you need to take off the skirt and have some tough love. You know, spare the rod spoil the child. Of course you know, your the prophet you know it all.

Sorry if you dont like the post prophet. However, sometimes the truth hurts. No im really not sorry, because im not politically correct. Not really trying to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy. These refs are getting paid to do this so I would expect a good job. I didnt know anything about their band until friday night, so I could care less whether they played or not. I heard them loud and clear on the other side of the field. Just giving credit where credit is due. I dont really care what your ashamed of either, sometimes you need to take off the skirt and have some tough love. You know, spare the rod spoil the child. Of course you know, your the prophet you know it all.

I do know that for someone to degrade a child on a public forum is not a very positive thing. I was not referring to any comment about the refs, strictly the way you talked about a football team of 15,16,17,18 year old players that are having a great season, probably better than any you ever had. It has nothing to do with being politically correct, it is just a matter of respect and what those young men are accomplishing is a good thing and for you to try and take away, well, that is pitiful, I am glad that you apparently have removed your skirt at least in your own mind.

It strikes me odd that the Patriots have socred 125 points in their last two games and 167 in their last 3, and someone wants to tell these guys how they need to attack Melrose, oh yeah, they scored a few on them last year as well.

Well Red Warrior it sounds like Henry Co. has it all figured out. Seems to me like The Zone knows a little bit about what he is talking about.

And Prophet if you dont think the big red machine can be slowed down then go back and watch the second half of the North Side game. I think they had a total of about 60 yards in that half. If they can be shut down like that in a half, then I'd say somebody else might catch on and give them fits for a full game.

Also, KWC seemed to take offense at some commetns that I made about the caliber of team that Henry county had last week, Well I hope that the convincing fashion that we beat Fairley will allow him to see that we might be as good as Whitehaven and WHitestation.

prophet:

I did NOT take offense about the 'caliber of team that Henry County had last week'. I took offense at you saying that Henry County would be the 'BEST' team that Fairley would have faced. BIG DIFFERENCE. I already stated that Henry County could probably beat both Whitehaven and White Station on any given Friday night. But I also stated that Whitehaven and White Station could beat Henry County. You act like I said that Henry County couldn't compete. My offense was that your comment automatically put Henry County above Whitehaven and White Station. I didn't agree with that and still don't.

Look prophet ... Henry County is one of the elite teams in Tennessee High school football. I've already stated that on this board several times. But so is Whitehaven and White Station. Whitehaven is out ... they lost to an elite Millington team, that will play White Station this Friday.

Don't make it more then what it is.

I was at hte game and if their offensivel ine was not outstanding, how come the patriots could not pressure the qb? You seem to think you waht the problems wa for the patriots, if a qb has lots of time, completion percentages goup, if he is getting hounded, his percentages generally go down. Our defense caused some turnovers and even had two picks, one was called back, what about the kick off coverage, they gave up a big play, are they just as pathetic, what about the Dline and linebackers that gave up the big run to start the second half, are they just as pathetic, why single out the dbs, sounds like they are all just pathetic in your mind.

I have only read two post that you have made and they have both been negative toward the Henry county program, I take you as either an outsider who does not like Henry county, or a former Patriot that is Jealous of what this team has acccomplished.

prophet:

I did NOT take offense about the 'caliber of team that Henry County had last week'. I took offense at you saying that Henry County would be the 'BEST' team that Fairley would have faced. BIG DIFFERENCE. I already stated that Henry County could probably beat both Whitehaven and White Station on any given Friday night. But I also stated that Whitehaven and White Station could beat Henry County. You act like I said that Henry County couldn't compete. My offense was that your comment automatically put Henry County above Whitehaven and White Station. I didn't agree with that and still don't.

Look prophet ... Henry County is one of the elite teams in Tennessee High school football. I've already stated that on this board several times. But so is Whitehaven and White Station. Whitehaven is out ... they lost to an elite Millington team, that will play White Station this Friday.

Don't make it more then what it is.

That is the problem with typing messages, I think you and I are actually on the same page, I was notsaying that in a negative way, I agree totally with what you have said, a few good teams, from what I said about HC being the bes tteam Fairley had faced, well, I believe that, but I am a little biased, I know that the above mentioned schools are very good and could beat Henry coutny as well. This has not beena big deal to me. I appreciate all the info you give us fromt he memphis area and it is generally an unbiased discussion.

Get over yourself prophet, I did not single out anyone other than their runningback being lightning fast. These kids dont need a mouthpiece from you. All you have to do is watch the coaches on the sidelines to see that these kids are tough and know about tough love. If they were as soft skinned as you they would not be where they are now. We have a great group of young men out there and they have shown the ability to come together a play as a team time and time again. Quit trying to turn this into an argument and "JUST SHUT-UP"! Go Big Red! Bring home the State Championship!!! Fight hard, Play hard, Win big Together!