Henry County VS Melrose Clash of the Titans!

Red Dawn

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been away for the holidays so I couldn't comment until now. Congrats Henry County on a well played game. I must admit, when I was in Nashville and I read the Saturday morning paper ... I cringed when I saw the score. Then, when I read the accounts of the game ... I felt a tab bit ill. One tremendous play by a Henry County player and one unconcievable loss for Melrose. I can imagine a lot of ways to lose a football game ... but to have a man run through the line and take the ball away from the QB and then run 40 odd yards and score the winning TD with about 2 minutes left in a hard faught defensive battle .... well ... that's got to sting. Tramarcus Toney ... hold your head up young man, you played a whale of a game ... don't let depression set in. It's a team game young man ... a TEAM game.

I must admit ... when I heard that the MLB and the DE for Melrose were hurt the game before ... I thought it severely hurt their chances ... and here they go with an opportunity to win the game. I'm impressed.

That was a good win HC ... a very good win.

You are right about your QB. The game is not close without him. He played well and the his last play was probably not all his fault. The DE played very well but I'm sure you missed the LB, but injuries are part of the game. It was an exciting game.

I just got online a few minutes ago to read the Commercial Appeal article about the game and read some comments from some disgruntled Melrose fans. They were on there whining about the officials. First of all, I would assume the officials were from a neutral site ( at least that's what they do in Mississippi). Secondly, while you had substantially more penalties, you were also the recipient of a touchdown after the worst call in the history of the game. The "lateral" call was not a good call on the flare pass to Allen, but the Melrose player that was lying on the ground with the recovered "fumble", should not have been allowed to get up and score. He was down with the ball. You Melrose fans know your football and you know better than that. You put a lot of players in the NFL, but the guy who recovered the so-called "fumble" is not in the NFL yet, so he can't advance the ball. Stop whining because it should be Henry County doing whining. That terrible call was worse than all of your penalties combined.

Can someone please point me in the direction of this article?