Henry County VS Melrose Clash of the Titans!

Red Dawn

What we saw here was nothing short of a defining point in Henry County High School football. They fell behind by 20 against arguably one of the best defenses in the state. After coming back, they fall behind late in the 4th quarter, and then are picked off with not much time at all left. Shonte simply made a play that only instinct could produce.. To run through the line and take the handoff from the QB.. WOW!

Let's get to state!

Pats scored one third of the points that Melrose has given up this year.

Can't wait to here what the replay showed. I have heard one person say that he picked it out of midair while being bobbled, another thought he picked it up another thought he just ran thru the hand off and took it. Be talked about for awhile. What a way to end a game!!!!!!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS GAME WAS ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!!! But something bothered me. Marsalis threw an interception with 3-4 minutes left in the 4th I think. AND......several HC fans headed for the parking lot. How is your team suppose to rebound from that when they look up and see thier fans (or so called fans) giving up on them and leaving. For those of you who left.....HA! you missed one of the most amazing final minutes of a football game. My hats off to Melrose. Thier D was so fast to the ball. It was like they knew who was getting the ball and where they were going almost every play. Go Patriots!!!

THIS GAME WAS ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!!! But something bothered me. Marsalis threw an interception with 3-4 minutes left in the 4th I think. AND......several HC fans headed for the parking lot. How is your team suppose to rebound from that when they look up and see thier fans (or so called fans) giving up on them and leaving. For those of you who left.....HA! you missed one of the most amazing final minutes of a football game. My hats off to Melrose. Thier D was so fast to the ball. It was like they knew who was getting the ball and where they were going almost every play. Go Patriots!!!

I agree wholeheartedly! I was aggravated that half of the south end fans were leaving early after the interception. I felt like it was going to take an amazing turnover to help us, but was determined to stick it out. What I saw was the greatest individual effort in high school sports. Sims just took the hand off from the QB. I think he was bobbling it, but Shonte took it and allowed HC to play one more week!!! Great job to the whole team getting down 20 and continuing to fight. I was worried spotting Melrose 20 in the first quarter but they persevered and got it done!! Congrats to the players and coaching staff at HC!!!

My Son came by before going back home and said the same thing about Melrose D. He said best HS game he has seen. He thought Melrose offense was rattled by the 12th man. The radio sometimes was hard to here because of the 12th man.

People who leave with down 6 with 3 minutes to go deserve to miss out. I will be there next week even if I am sick.

Way to go Big Red you hung in there and beat a very good Melrose football team. And I agree about the fans even if they had not came back and won they deserved the respect of all the fans for a great year. Awesome job Henry Co. players and coatching staff, now lets go out there next week and beat Maplewood and go to Murfreesboro

Go Big Red

I have been going to Henry County games for over 30 years and this was by far the most exciting game ever. What an atmosphere for high school football. Absolutely tremendous. Congrats to Coach Gaddis and his staff. To the players, you proved tonight you can compete with anybody. Keep focused and beat Maplewood next week.

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been going to Henry County games for over 30 years and this was by far the most exciting game ever. What an atmosphere for high school football. Absolutely tremendous. Congrats to Coach Gaddis and his staff. To the players, you proved tonight you can compete with anybody. Keep focused and beat Maplewood next week.

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS TO HC "BIG RED" ON YOUR AMAZING WIN TONIGHT. DHS TROJANS WILL BE PULLING FOR ALL OUR WEST TENN TEAMS TO CONTINUE THEIR QUEST FOR A GOLD BALL. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT. GO PATROITS !!!!!!!!!