Henry County VS Melrose Clash of the Titans!

Red Dawn

Go back to your junk yard and play with something rusty, because you are an idiot! Don't make me bring out some Cowherd on you! Its people like you who haven't a clue about football, or you are Stevie Wonder. Either one will work judging from your post. This is the quarter finals. Cake Walks are over people, get your game face on!

There are cakewalks in all rounds! It depends on quality in your specific area. HC will have running clock! Wait and See!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two things:

1. Does anyone know who's going to deliever the game ball this week? I heard Kid Rock but I took it with a grain of salt.

2. Can someone give me a link to the playoff brackett I can't find it anywhere,

Answer to 1) Jay Travis and Calvin McNairl

WHEW!!! What an afternoon. Looks like some of you have already gotten into the floaties off of the top of the zombie juice. That's ok...the delusional effects will wear off after a while. The trips are nice though.

'Cephus I am fixing to send you the Gator and Michael so you can put up with their antics for a while. The Gator had a rope around Michael's waist letting him pull him around on the lid to the voodoo pot. Nearly knocked down all the voodoo dolls I had made for the game and then took the stirring paddle and started sword fighting. Man are they a handful. Anyways the pot is cooking nicely and we will begin the bottling process as normal.

Put that back!! Don't drop it either...NO...NO...for the last time we are not going to play dodge ball with the cats! Leave them in the pot! I know they are ...quit licking on the lid. Anyways, gotta run...Melrose bring it on!! Guys remember that we cannot let up!!

HAVE A HAPPY RED THHANKSGIVING!!!

p.s. Who will be tailgating this Friday? Let me know. We are coming this Friday...War Wagon and all!!

And for our closing quote from MacBeth we have selected the tried and true saying of the witches at the couldron,

Round about the cauldron go;

In the poisoned entrails throw.

Toad, that under cold stone

Days and nights hast thirty-one

Sweltered venom sleeping got,

Boil thou first i' the charmed pot.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Have a great week boys!! Fans let's bring all the noise and support that we can to our boys. They have worked hard. Remember we are on the road to M'town!! BRFL bring an extra jar for some sauce and olddevil, if you are at the tailgaiting look me up...like to meet ya and share some Reelfoot stories.

Melrose is giving up 4.1 ppg and has given up FIFTY points all year long. They've given up 12 points total in their past 7 games. They have played a MUCH more difficult schedule against superior talent in the Memphis City school system on a weekly basis. A team like Henry County sees about the same number of talented players scattered across West Tennessee in season that a team like Melrose sees weekly. What makes you think that Henry County is going to just run up and down the field and score at will? Nobody else has been able to do it all year.

Region 7 is a weak region. I think even the most ardent homer would admit that. There is not a 4A or 5A team outside of Memphis in West Tennessee that is not in Region 7. Did you realize that? The Jackson teams are down considerably from some good football that they have enjoyed through the years. Hardin County is a perennial 3-4 loss team in their best year's of football. I believe they have won 10 games (including playoffs) once in the last 40 years.

The only way that Melrose loses this game is if they give it away.

Region 7 is not strong, I will give you that. There are many talented players in Memphis, and Melrose certainly faces more than Henry County does. The same situation existed last year although Region 7 was a little stronger. How then, do you explain Henry County's win over Melrose last year? Did Melrose not face all of those great Memphis athletes last year prior to the Henry County game?

Strange you should say that a coach that is not certified is not qualified to coach and yet you give kudos to Coach Matthews. WELL...NEWS FLASH...Matthews is not certified either!! The principal had promised Reginald the job, but it ended up going to Coach Alexander because he did not have his "paperwork!" He's handled the Melrose D for years and was there with Ingram too. (And in case it needs restating..The Melrose Defense is AWESOME!)

Duh Uh excuse me......... Matthews is in school finishing up his required classes to graduate. At least he is in the field of education. Matthews is qualified due to he's in school about to graduate to become a certified TSSAA teacher/coach, unlike their offensive coordinator ( Roy ) the security guard who is watching aisle 5 on the monitor at Kroger for a potential shoplifter

Duh Uh excuse me......... Matthews is in school finishing up his required classes to graduate. At least he is in the field of education. Matthews is qualified due to he's in school about to graduate to become a certified TSSAA teacher/coach, unlike their offensive coordinator ( Roy ) the security guard who is watching aisle 5 on the monitor at Kroger for a potential shoplifter

Doesn't the TSSAA allow non-certified personnel to coach? If not, then I would assume there to be a problem. If so, and I would think it to be so, then what is the problem with whatever the Melrose offensive coordinator does for a living, and why would you, or anyone else care?

Doesn't the TSSAA allow non-certified personnel to coach? If not, then I would assume there to be a problem. If so, and I would think it to be so, then what is the problem with whatever the Melrose offensive coordinator does for a living, and why would you, or anyone else care?

I care because he doesn't know what the heck he is doing. Listen good and I will summarize it up for all of you. Melrose has a very strong defense, ok. They have weapons of all kind on the field, but their play calling on offense is terrible. Their defense is the reason for their success. Melrose has been a powerhouse for so long that some teams do come in and lay down against them because of the mystique. You would really have to be on the inside to know the talent that they have. They have at least 5- 7 gamebreakers on their team. You will be at the game and watch the play calling, then you'll see why I am so hard on this dude. Let me give you an example of the talent that Melrose have, I compare it to a 90's Florida Gators team with Steve Spurrier as the coach. Speed everywhere and all over the field. A mediocre coach would put up 40 points every week with that squad. I am saying that he is not qualified to coach because he don't know what the heck he is doing.

And for our closing quote from MacBeth we have selected the tried and true saying of the witches at the couldron,

Round about the cauldron go;

In the poisoned entrails throw.

Toad, that under cold stone

Days and nights hast thirty-one

Sweltered venom sleeping got,

Boil thou first i' the charmed pot.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

Have a great week boys!! Fans let's bring all the noise and support that we can to our boys. They have worked hard. Remember we are on the road to M'town!! BRFL bring an extra jar for some sauce and olddevil, if you are at the tailgaiting look me up...like to meet ya and share some Reelfoot stories.

Hey BR84! Bring your Zombie Juice to the tailgate on the field house side in the end zone. There will be lots of folks over there early. We may even have a paddle to stir with! I like all the Macbeth, you and olddevil have got it going on! Now lets get out there and kick some Golden Wildcat behind!!!

Go Big RED!!!