Henry County VS Melrose Clash of the Titans!

Red Dawn

olddevil will you be joining us at the tailgate party Friday nite? I have a "special" bottle of zombie juice for you...hehehe!!

What are you doing...don't drop that!! That dad-blamed Gator is trying to move the pot...says that the sun is cooking his hide too much. I don't think that it's the sun...I think it's from rolling on those Golden Wildcats before he threw them in the pot.

1-2-3 STATE!!

1-2-3 STATE!!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

olddevil will you be joining us at the tailgate party Friday nite? I have a "special" bottle of zombie juice for you...hehehe!!

What are you doing...don't drop that!! That dad-blamed Gator is trying to move the pot...says that the sun is cooking his hide too much. I don't think that it's the sun...I think it's from rolling on those Golden Wildcats before he threw them in the pot.

1-2-3 STATE!!

1-2-3 STATE!!

Plan to be there if something doesn't come up. If the gator is coming,sounds like he will get cooled off real nicely-- temp predicted to be in the thirties! the juice should help!

GO BIG RED

Every coach has his philosophy about starters. Some prefer to play the older guys, some don't mind playing the younger guys if they deem them better (more talented). Each has it's pros and cons. I'm not one to say a guy doesn't know how to coach because his philosophy doesn't agree with mine on that issue.

Whether or not the guy calling plays is a security gaurd or a garbage man ... what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Football players and coaches come from all walks of life ... what does one have to do with the other? In a perfect world, in your opinion, what should be his occupation? If his current occupation doesn't matter, then why even bring it up? Better yet ... why even put that mans business on Coacht? It's obvious, you don't like his play calling or his coaching and you get on this message board and degrade the man and the entire coaching staff ... yet ... they are preparing their team to play in the quarter finals in 4A. Doesn't sound like they don't know what they are doing to me. Sounds like you don't agree with how they do things ... and since you don't like how they run things over at Melrose ... they don't know how to coach. So you come on Coacht and put them on blast. That's not cool at all.

I see a team with the best 'D' in the City of Memphis about to play in a quarter-final game. Whether I agree with how they call plays or who starts doesn't suggest incompetence.

Maybe the current coach resigns after the year. Maybe they can find some one to coach who runs things differently and get better results. But, if I'm not part of the solution ... I'm not going to get on a message board and run down the current coaching staff and be part of the problem either.

Peace.

Well first and foremost you are not me. I can careless about what you will get on a messageboard and do, Opinons are like a_ _ holes, everyone has one and I am entitled to mine. Yeah a security guard that is not TSSAA certified to teach or have a degree in secondary education is not qualified to coach, if so maybe he would be an employee of The Memphis City School System. You dwell on the status of the team making it to the quarterfinals of the state playoffs, well let me tell you that they have made it that far on pure talent alone. As far as the defense goes, kudos to Coach Reginald Matthews on a job well done. It's easy to stand on the outside and look in and say what you think, but until you have been on the inside, it's best to remain quiet on what you don't now about ! I couldn't tell you much about Whitehaven's program unless I talked to Coach Jason Harris or Coach Saulsberry themselves. Other than that I am clueless about the operation over there.

Well first and foremost you are not me. I can careless about what you will get on a messageboard and do, Opinons are like a_ _ holes, everyone has one and I am entitled to mine. Yeah a security guard that is not TSSAA certified to teach or have a degree in secondary education is not qualified to coach, if so maybe he would be an employee of The Memphis City School System. You dwell on the status of the team making it to the quarterfinals of the state playoffs, well let me tell you that they have made it that far on pure talent alone. As far as the defense goes, kudos to Coach Reginald Matthews on a job well done. It's easy to stand on the outside and look in and say what you think, but until you have been on the inside, it's best to remain quiet on what you don't now about ! I couldn't tell you much about Whitehaven's program unless I talked to Coach Jason Harris or Coach Saulsberry themselves. Other than that I am clueless about the operation over there.

I agree with what you said about opinions. Now discussing the coaching qualifications. If the TSSAA is fine with the Melrose coaching staff, I don't see the problem. He's not the fist person to stand on the sidelines and not have all of the necessary credentials, and he won't be the last. As a matter of fact, he's not the only one on that sideline in that predicament ... so why harp on him? I don't have to be on the inside of the Melrose program to respond to a post on a message board. That has nothing to do with it. Point blank ... you don't agree with how the man runs the offense and therfore you have deemed him to be unknowledgeable about football. I'm sure if coach Alexander felt the same way you did then he would have a different coordinator. PERIOD.

You are right ... you voiced your opinion ... I voiced mine.

I agree with what you said about opinions. Now discussing the coaching qualifications. If the TSSAA is fine with the Melrose coaching staff, I don't see the problem. He's not the fist person to stand on the sidelines and not have all of the necessary credentials, and he won't be the last. As a matter of fact, he's not the only one on that sideline in that predicament ... so why harp on him? I don't have to be on the inside of the Melrose program to respond to a post on a message board. That has nothing to do with it. Point blank ... you don't agree with how the man runs the offense and therfore you have deemed him to be unknowledgeable about football. I'm sure if coach Alexander felt the same way you did then he would have a different coordinator. PERIOD.

You are right ... you voiced your opinion ... I voiced mine.

Ok kool, however let me make a point about this statement that you made (I'm sure if coach Alexander felt the same way you did then he would have a different coordinator) well this is the biggest reason that they are on they way out now !

Ok kool, however let me make a point about this statement that you made (I'm sure if coach Alexander felt the same way you did then he would have a different coordinator) well this is the biggest reason that they are on they way out now !

I think the biggest problem about the game this Friday will be the absence of Antonio and the DE. Even if they play hurt ... it hurts them tremendously. More then anything else.

Being in Memphis, I'm aware of the reputation Melrose has for being a good team, and loaded with talent. I'm sure there could always be improvements in coaching. But to run an overall program and turn it into production on the field isn't easy. I'm sure I could win a few games as a coach. Just let me run White Station for a season, and I might have 'em at 3-7 and missing the playoffs instead of where they're at. And that would be a good year!

I just think a coach has his system, needs assistants that work well within his system, and needs the players to buy into it. Then go with it. Apparently, Melrose has done alright. And with the obvious success HC has had so far, we still see plenty of fans saying they think Melrose will win this game. Yet there's so much that seems to be missing from Melrose....horrible offense, 2 huge injuries on defense, terrible coaching. So I'm left wondering how they got into the playoffs, and how people continue to think they can beat the seemingly smooth running, powerful HC machine.

Yet there's so much that seems to be missing from Melrose....horrible offense, 2 huge injuries on defense, terrible coaching. So I'm left wondering how they got into the playoffs, and how people continue to think they can beat the seemingly smooth running, powerful HC machine.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

kwc - is it certain that these two injured players will be out? I know it is just Tuesday, but thought you might have heard something. From what I understand, they have played without them before and done ok.

hello, to me it doesn't matter if they do play or don't play. I think melrose is not going to stop HC offense, I being keeping up with HC football for a long time now and this is the best OFFENSE I seen. How is melrose O going to put points on the board.

hello, to me it doesn't matter if they do play or don't play. I think melrose is not going to stop HC offense, I being keeping up with HC football for a long time now and this is the best OFFENSE I seen. How is melrose O going to put points on the board.

Henry County will NOT be challenged Friday night. Melrose kids do not play hard enough to even be in the game!!! HC will have a running clock!!! The entire other region was terrible this year. Fairley saw what happened when HC decided they wanted the game over. Just like that they are down 3 td's. The orange mound was more like a pink mound this year. Maybe in 3-4 years Melrose can get passed HC. Not anytime soon!