Henry County VS Melrose Clash of the Titans!

Red Dawn

If you call work attending then I'll be attending the W.Station-Millington quarterfinal. It's cold here today with more cold weather for tomorrow. This matchup pits two 12-0 teams in what should be a dandy. A total contrast in styles though! W. Station is a very versatile team that is 60-40 pass oriented with Millington a physical, pound it at you bunch. I am hopeful that we do our jobs as well as the teams that are participating. I.E. (Take the officials out of play and let the players decide the outcome on the field.)

As a coach, I was always hopeful that the officials shared that same philosophy. Sometimes, however, there would be that one official, who just had to be the center of attention. What is your position within this crew?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you call work attending then I'll be attending the W.Station-Millington quarterfinal. It's cold here today with more cold weather for tomorrow. This matchup pits two 12-0 teams in what should be a dandy. A total contrast in styles though! W. Station is a very versatile team that is 60-40 pass oriented with Millington a physical, pound it at you bunch. I am hopeful that we do our jobs as well as the teams that are participating. I.E. (Take the officials out of play and let the players decide the outcome on the field.)

As a coach, I was always hopeful that the officials shared that same philosophy. Sometimes, however, there would be that one official, who just had to be the center of attention. What is your position within this crew?

I've had the opportunity to work with all of these men at one time of the year or another. Our biggest problem in Memphis is that over the last three years we have had so many of our good veteran officials retire. We have a large number of young officials and generally during the year, assignments are made with two veterans, and three of the younger officials. During this time of the year the association looks to its veterans and those who have consistenly been rated high by our supervisors to handle playoff games and the "big" games during the regular season. As I said earlier, we want to be "taken out of play, and have the outcome decided by the performance of the participants.

Well Duh...excuse you!! You said that no one that is not certified is qualified to coach. Here you explain that he is about to be certified (so does close count?). Explain one thing to me. Since Matthews has been coaching the defense at Melrose for years and they have been exceptional throughout all that time period, does that mean that they just got lucky, or rather, that regardless of certification or not, Matthews has done an outstanding job. Also, another tip...Next time there is a coaching change at Melrose, look for Matthews to take the reins. He'll do an exceptional job, even with so little time as a certified teacher. To quote my man, Charlie Brown....GOOD GRIEF!!!

You know what close does count ( he's in the field of teaching and coaching). What you fail to realize is that anyone can yell and holla and try to coach but people, kids and anyone else responds better when they are taught ! During the previous years before Alexander reign, they had a guy by the name of Graig Cooper who happened to be one of the best runningbacks to come through the city of Memphis. Oh by the way they were also under the full helm of Coach Chester Flowers and Kenny Ingram, so it was a much different team than over the last 2 years.

Good Friday Morning Big Red Nation! Its football time in Henry County! Today's the day. The clash of powerful and potent offense versus strong and stubborn defense. Them there Patriots are goin' huntin' today! Lookin' for that rare Golden Wildcat! This is going to be a great football game in every sense of the word. This is what it is all about. Patriot Stadium will be rocking tonight! The storms a coming, and I can't wait!

Go Big RED!!!

Good Friday Morning Big Red Nation! Its football time in Henry County! Today's the day. The clash of powerful and potent offense versus strong and stubborn defense. Them there Patriots are goin' huntin' today! Lookin' for that rare Golden Wildcat! This is going to be a great football game in every sense of the word. This is what it is all about. Patriot Stadium will be rocking tonight! The storms a coming, and I can't wait!

Go Big RED!!!

Hey, Drew,

Did you read in the paper where the Melrose fan called in to a talk show complaining about our pre-game, how we were showing off, over the top, etc.? He then said Melrose did all of their showing off on the field. As far as I know, none of our players have been involved in either planning or executing the pre-game. Speaking of executing, that's what we have to do tonight. No matter the outcome, I am proud to be part of the BIG RED NATION!

Dig deep, Patriot players.

Yanker, I surely have missed talking to you. You and your dad, as well as all of our visitors, travel safely.

Hey, Drew,

Did you read in the paper where the Melrose fan called in to a talk show complaining about our pre-game, how we were showing off, over the top, etc.? He then said Melrose did all of their showing off on the field. As far as I know, none of our players have been involved in either planning or executing the pre-game. Speaking of executing, that's what we have to do tonight. No matter the outcome, I am proud to be part of the BIG RED NATION!

Dig deep, Patriot players.

Yanker, I surely have missed talking to you. You and your dad, as well as all of our visitors, travel safely.

So I guess if P Diddy had offered to bring out their game ball at Orange Mound they would have just said,,,Naa, we don't want to show off, we're just gonna play ball. Whatever!

Lipscomb NERD....if Region 7 is so weak, explain to the CoachT beloved why then is Jackson Northside, Liberty Tech, and Jackson Central Merry all ranked in the Top 10 on THIS very website for toughest schedule! Wait a second.......let me count the Region 8 4AAA teams in the top ten........ummm.......hmmmm.......well that number is ZERO!!! Typcal Lispscomb nerd......Bison or Mustang...you are all the same!!

Let's just shoot the messenger and resort to name calling. Great strategy. Your opinion holds no more weight than mine does. If Melrose wins, which I feel they will, I'll show more class than you have by not coming back and saying "Told Ya So!" Good luck.

Lipscomb NERD....if Region 7 is so weak, explain to the CoachT beloved why then is Jackson Northside, Liberty Tech, and Jackson Central Merry all ranked in the Top 10 on THIS very website for toughest schedule! Wait a second.......let me count the Region 8 4AAA teams in the top ten........ummm.......hmmmm.......well that number is ZERO!!! Typcal Lispscomb nerd......Bison or Mustang...you are all the same!!

Let's just shoot the messenger and resort to name calling. Great strategy. Your opinion holds no more weight than mine does. If Melrose wins, which I feel they will, I'll show more class than you have by not coming back and saying "Told Ya So!" Good luck.

I'm not shooting any messenger, here. I hope we win. I know how good Melrose is. I think they have the motivational factor that we scored 35 points on them at the Mound last year. Nobody does that. I think their defense has improved over last year; it is basically the same guys. I think our offense has improved more than their defense has, though. However, everybody says defense wins games. I just hope for the victory. We will treat our visitors with respect as we were treated at the Mound. GO BIG RED!