Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to bring it strong. You just used your one bullit that Andy lets you have. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Keep it up and you'll be a detective instead of a deputy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> cool

I said that "history repeats Itself" and now let me explain why & how. FHS is a long-standing team, IHS is on their first play-off run. According to previous posts, "everyone wants to beat FHS", But someone else made the comment of "Franklin is searching for respect as one of region 6's elite teams", obviously FHS cannot get their statements in order. Franklin has been to this movie before, Back in 05' Franklin was facing a young-upstart program in Ravenwood. Franklin walked into the game with the same claim to fame "better athletes= better team=win", But at the end of the night Franklin was sent home to watch the remainder of the play-offs from their living-room, couches. Im sure I can expect the same Franklin apologists to explain away mistakes (Im sure the On-side kick was just another example of Franklin "running-out-of-time") And once again FHS is playing the young, Independance eagles. Franklin walked into IHS last year boasting the same great defense & running game, and walked out with their tail between their "camo'" legs. IHS has the ability to line up head-to-head and crush Franklin on both sides of the line. Independance will run the ball directly at the heart of FHS's defense. And Im sure Franklin fans/ player/ alumni/ coaches will have nightmares of TC Jennings being re-incarnated in a young Heckman. Franklin will be a perfect example of "pride before the fall" as every Rebel is sent home with thoughts of "maybe next year"

FRANKLIN REBELS- 14

IDEPENDANCE EAGLES- 16

....History repeats itself

I said that "history repeats Itself" and now let me explain why & how. FHS is a long-standing team, IHS is on their first play-off run. According to previous posts, "everyone wants to beat FHS", But someone else made the comment of "Franklin is searching for respect as one of region 6's elite teams", obviously FHS cannot get their statements in order. Franklin has been to this movie before, Back in 05' Franklin was facing a young-upstart program in Ravenwood. Franklin walked into the game with the same claim to fame "better athletes= better team=win", But at the end of the night Franklin was sent home to watch the remainder of the play-offs from their living-room, couches. Im sure I can expect the same Franklin apologists to explain away mistakes (Im sure the On-side kick was just another example of Franklin "running-out-of-time") And once again FHS is playing the young, Independance eagles. Franklin walked into IHS last year boasting the same great defense & running game, and walked out with their tail between their "camo'" legs. IHS has the ability to line up head-to-head and crush Franklin on both sides of the line. Independance will run the ball directly at the heart of FHS's defense. And Im sure Franklin fans/ player/ alumni/ coaches will have nightmares of TC Jennings being re-incarnated in a young Heckman. Franklin will be a perfect example of "pride before the fall" as every Rebel is sent home with thoughts of "maybe next year"

FRANKLIN REBELS- 14

IDEPENDANCE EAGLES- 16

is franklin searching for respect? yes

does everybody want to beat franklin? yes

haha this guy is comical!!!! just shows some peoples ignorance... all ihs fans are not like this.

FRANKLIN REBELS- 14

IDEPENDANCE EAGLES- 16

Uhm, yeah, uh, calling Alex Heckman the reincarnate of T.C. Jennings is a bit much...

is franklin searching for respect? yes

does everybody want to beat franklin? yes

haha this guy is comical!!!! just shows some peoples ignorance... all ihs fans are not like this.

I'm not sure if this is an IHS fan or not. He brings up a few interesting points, but I can definitely see where FHS fans would be unhappy, he has absolutely lambasted your team. I would be very unhappy as well, especially if he was saying this about Indy. That being said, don't you think its obvious that everyone wants to beat Franklin? I'm sorry to say this, but I think that some Franklin fans may be thinking a little too highly of themselves. It's football, everybody wants to beat everybody. You don't go into a game hoping to lose, or hoping to just keep it close.

In the words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game. Hello? You play to win the game. You don't just play it."

I'm not sure if this is an IHS fan or not. He brings up a few interesting points, but I can definitely see where FHS fans would be unhappy, he has absolutely lambasted your team. I would be very unhappy as well, especially if he was saying this about Indy. That being said, don't you think its obvious that everyone wants to beat Franklin? I'm sorry to say this, but I think that some Franklin fans may be thinking a little too highly of themselves. It's football, everybody wants to beat everybody. You don't go into a game hoping to lose, or hoping to just keep it close.

In the words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game. Hello? You play to win the game. You don't just play it."

does Michigan want to beat Ohio State a little bit more than App. State?

does Texas want to beat Oklahoma a little bit more that Oklahoma State?

does Kentucky want to beat Tennessee a little bit more than Vandy?

Of course they do, and it goes both ways.

You are throwing out the ulitmate coaching cliche. That is what you tell your players going into those type of games to keep them attentive and focused. Some games mean a little bit more to players than fans or coaches. Remember it goes both ways as a Franklin fan most of us would like to say we beat Brentwood and Ravenwood, but they cant.

If you asked a player from Indy, Ravenwood, Brentwood, they would say that game means a lot to them. Come on be honest with yourself there. Remember it goes both ways i am sure the players from Franklin would say the same about those teams. I just cant agree with you there.

Does any one recall that Indy played there worst game of the season on both sides of the ball in week 4. Pettigrew stillo nursing a hammy caused him to run timmid. Second game Smith(5) started a game. An later figured out he wasn't going to pan out. An through all this when there was 10:00 min left in the forth quater Indy still had a chance. That forth a inches goes different the outcome is different. The score last time is inevidable. High scoreing came off of subs. Scott's back running hard. Heckman has came into his own. An the Indy D has proved they are a force to reckon with.

Franklin is a good team.

Independence is a good team

As I have heard in coach U after game speeches Good isnt Good Enough

the team with the least mistakes wins this game.

good luck to both teams

FRANKLIN REBELS- 14

IDEPENDANCE EAGLES- 16

Your ignorance and conceit are simply mind-blowing. Firstly, if history repeats itself, as you so-prudently proclaim, wouldn't it make sense if Franklin won again 31-17? I would mention how history repeats itself in the play-offs for Independence, however if I recall correctly, this is your first time even making it this far. Do you need a reminder of last year, where your team completely feel apart as the season progressed? Or, how about the lame attempt at a wanna-be play-off game: the Sonic Bowl? Do you happen to remember the score of that debacle (Hint: Independence definitely wasn't on top)? Your insolent argument is simply ridiculous in this situation. A'ight, now that I'm done with that rant....

As already stated hundeds of times in this thread, both the Franklin and Independence teams are vastly improved; the entire framework of the game has been transformed for either team since their last game at Franklin. A Franklin offence has finally proved it can score some points, while the defense has played a fairly reliable and foundational role as the backbone of the team. As for Independence, they are playing with an unparalleled tenacity, and have demonstrated a keen ability to play well on both sides of the ball. All in all, this should be an extremely close match-up that comes down to the closing minutes; nonetheless, I'm going to have to go with Franklin by three. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

FRANKLIN REBELS- 14

IDEPENDANCE EAGLES- 16

I don't think you are rooting for IHS as much as you are just plain antagonistic toward FHS. Jealousy is the greatest form of flattery. Try taking a little more positive spin on things in life and who knows, maybe one day someone will like you!