Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

It's game day. Looks like it's going to be perfect weather for playoff football.

I have an in-depth analysis of this game but I don't even feel like typing it.

Independence 17

Franklin 9

I just think Indy is playing too well right now to be stopped completely. Points will be at a premium...I think Franklin's run game will get shut down as it did last time (excluding the very first play) but they will still move the ball between the 20s. Look for a late drive by Indy to be the difference in the game. According to several sources, Scott Pettigrew is more ready for this game than he's ever been for any game in his life.

Above all else, let's hope for a good, hard-fought game with no injuries. Best of luck to both teams...one group of seniors is playing their last game tonight.

GO EAGLES!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My entourage is rolling out of Fairview at 3:30, going to feed our faces at CiCi's in Franklin, then heading over to Thompson Station right before the gates open. I am pumped for this game and I don't have a dog in the fight. I just want to see a hard hitting game. Good luck to both teams and hopefully everyone is bundled up tonight, I know I got my ski gear ready.

wow. last time i checked defenses score points, at least franklins does. so therefore if indy manages to get a pick 6, that probably wouldnt help franklin too much.

also, "produce" is not necessarily defined as points. if franklin engineers long drives that keep independences apparently unstoppable offense off the field, even if that drive doesnt score points, that would probly give them a better chance at a victory than a 3 and out.

but you're right, if franklin scores more points, they win, which they are going to. and apparently the victory will be led by a choke kicker, a crappy quarterback, an overrated running game, and a defense that hasnt faced anyone decent yet.

Producing only means scoring points. Ask Brentwood about outgaing IHS but losing 17-7. It does no good to move the ball between the 20s and then not score. You shouldn't talk bad about your team like that though /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Producing only means scoring points. Ask Brentwood about outgaing IHS but losing 17-7. It does no good to move the ball between the 20s and then not score. You shouldn't talk bad about your team like that though /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i wasnt talking badly about my team; i was referring to previous posts that seemed to think no one on franklin even deserved to step on the field.

i'm heading off to what should be a great game. i hope everyone has a safe game, GO REBELS!

Franklin- 23

Independence-14

Can't be there ...have to pull turkey out of town.

Franklin had expectations to get this far....while maybe the Indy players and some fans did....but what (and WHO!) they have had to overcome to get here is pretty impressive.

Indy 17-14 or 24-21 or 31-24

The SH folks are still stunned...will they listen....nah....it will turn out to be the biggest mess of all time unless "he" slips away

YESSSS!!! like I said...17-14........ok..ok.. I picked three scores, but you gotta admit the first one was right on the money. They should have charged $15 a piece to see this bad boy. It was awesome from what I heard on the radio

Franklin seemed stunned by Indy the first half....like who are those guys??....second half adjustments by Franklin Def coord Webb and the fact that Franklin woke up made this a very good game. Congrats to both teams and here's to a great effort for INDY next week.

smitty must be kicking his own a## for being so stupid....... sure hope he sees this post and acknowledges the tremendous effort and the obvious obstacles that this Indy staff and team overcame DESPITE him ...............BBBBOOOOOYAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good.

Independence looks to be a team of destiny after that ridiculous 3rd down catch by Reese. Wow. What a game! Congrats to all involved with the program...let's get it done at Memphis next week!

yeah that was the most insane catch. mad props to alex for pulling that one down. did you guys see when franklin tried to ice jeff(13) haha its laughable its alreadly like 20 degrees there not much icing left to do guys come on.

WE GOIN TO THE SHIP!!!! (well memphis then the ship)

yeah that was the most insane catch. mad props to alex for pulling that one down. did you guys see when franklin tried to ice jeff(13) haha its laughable its alreadly like 20 degrees there not much icing left to do guys come on.

WE GOIN TO THE SHIP!!!! (well memphis then the ship)

Stupid athlete cliches aside, let's try to take it one game at a time.