Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Don't you think MP is wasting some talent w/this system they are using. I mean if they used some of those athletes in passing game, think how much easier it would be for them. Don't you agree 11? You saw them last night, they have atheletes to spare. #30, #88, #4. 6-5 305lbs freshman running around at DT.

I hope you arent being serious. MP has a passing game but didnt have to use it. Again, I hope you are not being serious in this post. You have had a grudge MP since the playoffs started. Why?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think MP is wasting some talent w/this system they are using. I mean if they used some of those athletes in passing game, think how much easier it would be for them. Don't you agree 11? You saw them last night, they have atheletes to spare. #30, #88, #4. 6-5 305lbs freshman running around at DT.

Absolutely, 63. With the size of the line you have and the team speed, the sky is the limit with a better system. It was truly dis-heartening to see an offensive plan that pathetic beat us. We didn't play well, but from here on out, teams will scheme better to stop this, you can bank on it. If you put somebody in the backfield who can throw the ball and have 12 as a threat to get outside or catch a ball over the middle the sky would be the limit. Ya'll are the most athletic team we have seen, but that scheme will not bring a gold ball back to MP.

I hope you arent being serious. MP has a passing game but didnt have to use it. Again, I hope you are not being serious in this post. You have had a grudge MP since the playoffs started. Why?

No grudge, buddy. I just know what I see. What you say is true they didn't have to use the passing game. But, if they did, then they could have scored every single time they touched the ball. Think how much easier it would be to score with 11 in the box. They probably could've had 5 guys open downfield. It's just silly. I hope they win the state, but it's gonna be hard to win it this way I think. Who knows? Maybe they are good enough to win with the run and the makeshift passing game.

Like I told you b/4, regardless if they are advancing or not, they are not using all of their athletes to their maximum potential. They are advancing b/c of their athletic ability more so than their scheme. Even someone on your side can see it, and you say he is holding a grudge b/c he doesnt agree w/ you. I think I can see how you operate now.....

Absolutely, 63. With the size of the line you have and the team speed, the sky is the limit with a better system. It was truly dis-heartening to see an offensive plan that pathetic beat us. We didn't play well, but from here on out, teams will scheme better to stop this, you can bank on it. If you put somebody in the backfield who can throw the ball and have 12 as a threat to get outside or catch a ball over the middle the sky would be the limit. Ya'll are the most athletic team we have seen, but that scheme will not bring a gold ball back to MP.

But it was good enough to beat the almight Champs.

No grudge, buddy. I just know what I see. What you say is true they didn't have to use the passing game. But, if they did, then they could have scored every single time they touched the ball. Think how much easier it would be to score with 11 in the box. They probably could've had 5 guys open downfield. It's just silly. I hope they win the state, but it's gonna be hard to win it this way I think. Who knows? Maybe they are good enough to win with the run and the makeshift passing game.

Everyone has thier opinion, thats why we are fans. I happen to like the scheme. Teams have been puttin 9-10 guys in the box since JCS did it in the semis last year. Why not put all the guys in the box to block them and let those backs do their thing. The key to that is blocking and MP did a great job of it last night.

Like I told you b/4, regardless if they are advancing or not, they are not using all of their athletes to their maximum potential. They are advancing b/c of their athletic ability more so than their scheme. Even someone on your side can see it, and you say he is holding a grudge b/c he doesnt agree w/ you. I think I can see how you operate now.....

I'm thrilled you know how I operate now. All I know is MP keeps winning in this horrible scheme!!!!!!

It won't be enough later on in my opinion. Like this week probably shouldn't even be a close game, but it likely will be b/c of the system MP uses. I mean the have 6-5 230lbs college level tight end. Five or six guys that run 4.7 or better at reciever and don't use them. Houston, Corlew, Gilbreath, Stoops, McClenic, Clifton all have great speed and can catch the ball. Why does MP never use the screen, the dump pass, the slant???

The D has definitely gotten better with young fellas growing up. That 6-5 300lbs freshman w/speed he has scary potential to dominate.

It won't be enough later on in my opinion. Like this week probably shouldn't even be a close game, but it likely will be b/c of the system MP uses. I mean the have 6-5 230lbs college level tight end. Five or six guys that run 4.7 or better at reciever and don't use them. Houston, Corlew, Gilbreath, Stoops, McClenic, Clifton all have great speed and can catch the ball. Why does MP never use the screen, the dump pass, the slant???

The D has definitely gotten better with young fellas growing up. That 6-5 300lbs freshman w/speed he has scary potential to dominate.

Not to beat a dead horse, but you didnt think this scheme could beat Cascade and it did.

Cascade11, this is his way of saying that you have a good point. Do not expect him to give you any credit or clearly state that he may be wrong. Also as I am sure you have noticed, it is pointless to try and reason w/ him b/c he clearly is not capable of that.....

It won't be enough later on in my opinion. Like this week probably shouldn't even be a close game, but it likely will be b/c of the system MP uses. I mean the have 6-5 230lbs college level tight end. Five or six guys that run 4.7 or better at reciever and don't use them. Houston, Corlew, Gilbreath, Stoops, McClenic, Clifton all have great speed and can catch the ball. Why does MP never use the screen, the dump pass, the slant???The D has definitely gotten better with young fellas growing up. That 6-5 300lbs freshman w/speed he has scary potential to dominate.

You are EXACTLY right, but you aren't going to convince some people of that. The talent is there to win state. NO DOUBT about it. You get up against comparable athletes with Coaches who can scheme against one play and they'll get beat. Gauranteed!

Cascade11, this is his way of saying that you have a good point. Do not expect him to give you any credit or clearly state that he may be wrong. Also as I am sure you have noticed, it is pointless to try and reason w/ him b/c he clearly is not capable of that.....

AGREED!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Everyone has thier opinion, thats why we are fans. I happen to like the scheme. Teams have been puttin 9-10 guys in the box since JCS did it in the semis last year. Why not put all the guys in the box to block them and let those backs do their thing. The key to that is blocking and MP did a great job of it last night.

I'm thrilled you know how I operate now. All I know is MP keeps winning in this horrible scheme!!!!!!

They do, but it could be much easier in my opinion w/ David Brown at QB. I understand why he does it so Marco can see plays open up quicker, but still they are wasting other possibilities. The defense is much better than last year and have improved throughout the season. The whole team can really hit you defensively. #4 really stuck some people against McEwen and nobody gave him any props. The MP backs, recievers, and line do a great job of blocking most of the time.

Its not a horrible scheme, just not the best for this team. The reason they keep advancing is b/c of their athletic ability, not the scheme. I know it is pointless to get you to understand what I am saying so I will stop wasting my time trying to reason w/ you.....