Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Cascade11, this is his way of saying that you have a good point. Do not expect him to give you any credit or clearly state that he may be wrong. Also as I am sure you have noticed, it is pointless to try and reason w/ him b/c he clearly is not capable of that.....

You people are ripping MP way of running an offense. I'm saying its doing nothing but winning. And I'm the one who is pointless to reason with.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to beat a dead horse, but you didnt think this scheme could beat Cascade and it did.

You're wrong. I picked MP to win. I knew they had Cascade outmatched, but I didn't want MP to know that. There's no comparison in athleticism. MP could have beaten Lewis Co., if they had the used the players right. There's not enough thinking outside the box.

I'm thrilled you know how I operate now. All I know is MP keeps winning in this horrible scheme!!!!!!

As long as your content with the Semi-Final game than more power to you. You've had the talent level to get there every year based solely on ability. Takes a good game plan and strategic planning to go further though. They'll never make it to Murfreesboro with Marco running the ball 95% of the time from the QB position. I'll bet anything you won't to bet on that.

Just wanted to wish my fellow Region 5 team good luck next Friday. Sorry we weren't able to finish the deal last night and set up a rematch. MP has an excellent line and obviously Mr. Football in the backfield, so you'll have your work cut out for you.

I only have one request. If you have to leave their wideouts uncovered and put 11 men on the line of scrimmage, find out if the kid can throw the ball. For the life of me, I don't understand how a kid that gets the ball 95 % of the time doesn't get more attention than we gave him last night. They'd run a sweep and our kids would stay with the pitch man and let Marco go. Hopefully the game film from last night will help out in game prep. Pretty easy: it was Marco Left, Marco Right, and Marco up the middle. You at least have a 33 % chance of knowing what is going to happen pre-snap. Good Luck!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> sorry champ the CHAMPIONS beat the champs Glad you know what tigers plan to do just wait you may be surprised to the ability of Mr. Football and his teammates.

They do, but it could be much easier in my opinion w/ David Brown at QB. I understand why he does it so Marco can see plays open up quicker, but still they are wasting other possibilities. The defense is much better than last year and have improved throughout the season. The whole team can really hit you defensively. #4 really stuck some people against McEwen and nobody gave him any props. The MP backs, recievers, and line do a great job of blocking most of the time.

Great post MP63, you are exactly right whether MPHSTIGERS87 wants to believe it or not. They may not meet a team in the rest of the play-offs w/ as good as athletes as them, but if they do, they will be hard pressed to win w/ the shceme they have now.....

All I got to say is GO RED DEVILS!!! Its gonna be a showdown for sure this week and I cant wait til Friday and welcome MtP into the dungeon, ive never seen em play so Im ready to see this Daily kid everyone talks about(jk I know how good he is-i.e. Mr Football) So Im ready for this game and cant wait til Friday!!!

p.s. this thread is gonna be up into the 90 again like Cascade one was, its already 4 pages and it only 12 hours after the game was over.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> sorry champ the CHAMPIONS beat the champs Glad you know what tigers plan to do just wait you may be surprised to the ability of Mr. Football and his teammates.

He's not surprised, I think he knew they had ability. He knows they might win the state with this system. The scheme is very limited though in its scope. MP had way more talent than JBs both years and almost lost both of them. JCS outcoached MP last year, they didn't have better atheletes. They were more disciplined and took better angles to the ball.

He's not surprised, I think he knew they had ability. He knows they might win the state with this system. The scheme is very limited though in its scope. MP had way more talent than JBs both years and almost lost both of them. JCS outcoached MP last year, they didn't have better atheletes. They were more disciplined and took better angles to the ball.

I really apreciate that you can see the trend bro; all MP87 talks about is that they have won up to this point but will not accept that further down the line they will have to be able to do more scheme wise than what they are doing now to be sucessful.

I will also say regardless if they beat JBS or not, if they had an offensive scheme similar to JBS, they would be lights-out on offense.....

If I make it up to the Dungeon next Friday night, 63, I'd like to meet you. It is nice to hear educated opinions from folks that aren't afraid to "rock the boat". Bigby feels the same way, but he gets persecuted for speaking his mind on here. It's a shame people can't give an opinion on here without having their own fanbase ridicule them for it.

There are a lot of things I would like to see our team do different to. I wish our team would go to a system which allows our QB to read the defense and call plays from the line of scrimmage based on what the defense shows him. Jacob is a very intelligent kid and capable of this, but for some reason we will not adopt that philosophy. Several times last night, MP had the called play defensed well, but we went on and ran it anyway. I know that MP had the box stacked and we'd run right at them. We threw passes when they had 7 people dropped back into pass coverage. If they would give Jacob the permission to check out of these plays that are pre-destined for failure, I don't think we could be stopped. Again, easy to make corrections from the stands, but this looks like a no-brainer to me when you have a QB who is capable of pulling it off.

I really apreciate that you can see the trend bro; all MP87 talks about is that they have won up to this point but will not accept that further down the line they will have to be able to do more scheme wise than what they are doing now to be sucessful.

I will also say regardless if they beat JBS or not, if they had an offensive scheme similar to JBS, they would be lights-out on offense.....

Are you kidding me? with 6-5 230lbs TE with 4.7 speed catching screens, Having a Quarterback that could see to throw across the middle and Daily in the backfield. No to mention 4 or 5 wideouts with 4.7,4.6 speed that can catch the football. Not the mention, the way the defense has matured. Having Corlew and Daily in the secondary and at LBs.

They would dominate with a scheme like JBs. It's a crying shame.

If I make it up to the Dungeon next Friday night, 63, I'd like to meet you. It is nice to hear educated opinions from folks that aren't afraid to "rock the boat". Bigby feels the same way, but he gets persecuted for speaking his mind on here. It's a shame people can't give an opinion on here without having their own fanbase ridicule them for it.

Yeah Cascade11 I agree, it is nice when someone "thinks outside the box" instead of completely blasting any opinion you may have. I know it may be hard to come to this game considering you would rather have your team playing, but trust me, I was fortunate to make to the 1st meeting b/t these 2 teams and it is worth making the trip just for the football fan in you. I would like to meet you, Trey, and MP63 as well.