Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Yeah Cascade11 I agree, it is nice when someone "thinks outside the box" instead of completely blasting any opinion you may have. I know it may be hard to come to this game considering you would rather have your team playing, but trust me, I was fortunate to make to the 1st meeting b/t these 2 teams and it is worth making the trip just for the football fan in you. I would like to meet you, Trey, and MP63 as well.

No doubt, I'd love to see the game. My wife informed me last night on the way home when I was talking about going to this game that my Mother had her Thanksgiving meal planned that night. I've got to see if I can convince her to move it. Can't afford to make MaMa mad, even at 40 years old, I still don't do that... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to say, I believe the scheme that Coach Smith chooses is the best scheme. No one knows the players better than he does. Let's say you put David at quarterback. What if he gets hurt? It's already happened with him at quarterback this year at Huntland, and we almost lost our best defensive player for the year. Coach Smith took a team that was 0-10, and took it to back-to-back-to-back-to-back Region Championships, 3 quarterfinal appearances, and 1 semi-final appearance. Over 50 wins in 5 years. I promise you, he knows what he is doing. It has worked so far...if it's not broken, then don't fix it, and obviously, we aint broken!

I just have to say, I believe the scheme that Coach Smith chooses is the best scheme. No one knows the players better than he does. Let's say you put David at quarterback. What if he gets hurt? It's already happened with him at quarterback this year at Huntland, and we almost lost our best defensive player for the year. Coach Smith took a team that was 0-10, and took it to back-to-back-to-back-to-back Region Championships, 3 quarterfinal appearances, and 1 semi-final appearance. Over 50 wins in 5 years. I promise you, he knows what he is doing. It has worked so far...if it's not broken, then don't fix it, and obviously, we aint broken!

..........and there ya go, 63, the world is Flat, so don't argue otherwise! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You're wrong. I picked MP to win. I knew they had Cascade outmatched, but I didn't want MP to know that. There's no comparison in athleticism. MP could have beaten Lewis Co., if they had the used the players right. There's not enough thinking outside the box.

You are right 63, I was wrong. I looked back and you did pick the Tigers with about 1000 stipulations. I will disagree and say that Cascade didnt play with more heart though. Both teams played with heart equally or they wouldnt be out there.

I really apreciate that you can see the trend bro; all MP87 talks about is that they have won up to this point but will not accept that further down the line they will have to be able to do more scheme wise than what they are doing now to be sucessful.

I will also say regardless if they beat JBS or not, if they had an offensive scheme similar to JBS, they would be lights-out on offense.....

Wow, we have to run JB offense to be lights out! I think MP will do MP's way!!!!

with the success MP has had in recent years, I wouldn't want to second guess the coach...whatever he is doing is woking...good luck Friday night from a West Tenn Fan

He is good coach in some ways. He takes some risks on 4th down. I like some things about his style. Believe me, it could be better though.

..........and there ya go, 63, the world is Flat, so don't argue otherwise! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Why is it wrong for me to state my opinion, yet it is perfectly fine for you to do it? Let's face it, you picked Cascade to win, and you were wrong, so why should I respect your thoughts on how to make our team better.

And 63, if you think you could do a better job, go talk to Coach Smith, I'm sure he would love to set up a meeting with you and all of your football knowledge.

Why is it wrong for me to state my opinion, yet it is perfectly fine for you to do it? Let's face it, you picked Cascade to win, and you were wrong, so why should I respect your thoughts on how to make our team better.

And 63, if you think you could do a better job, go talk to Coach Smith, I'm sure he would love to set up a meeting with you and all of your football knowledge.

easy wonder, if you dont agree with them then you are being irrational and they will tell you to shut up. LOL!

sounds like alot of winnin and crying talk some football good god /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

He is good coach in some ways. He takes some risks on 4th down. I like some things about his style. Believe me, it could be better though.

I am sure it could...but that is likely true of all high school programs...I will say this though...he has made MP a year in year out contender...and any coach who had Marco would feed him the ball a ton...too good of a player not to