Dobyns Bennett

Tribefb

First of all to all the Indians great run, great season! You guys provided all us fans with some great moments and great highlights! I hope that everyone will continue to work hard in the classroom and all the underclassmen keep working in the weightroom as well. All the parents of these kids should be very proud no matter how much playing time they saw or not. Each and everyone of these kids worked hard in practice everyday they gave it thier all, the reason the kids that started got better was a direct result from those that didn't pushing them in practice, if those non-starters wouldn't have practiced hard then the starters wouldn't have had to either. But as you can easily see the kids did get better so a big THANK YOU to all the Indians no matter what role you played, you did contribute to this amazing season!

To the seniors: I hope and pray that you get what ever your heart desires and may you go where ever your dreams take you. May you always remember your career here at DB with fond memories,Congratulations you have now joined the rest as former players of the "maroon and gray"! I also hope that each and everyone of you guys keep on playing this great game that we all love so much, doesn't matter at what level that you play just play!

You will be missed, but not forgotten!

LOVED, HATED, BUT NEVER IGNORED! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And as always ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK it's been a good five hours and the player that was moved to the offensive line and was not even on a depth chart at linebacker or defensive end to start this year off is your answer.After asking to play anywhere on the defense he became one of the most valuable players on our defense this year and could have been making plays at one of our weakest points on the field.You might not have seen a lot of big write ups or heard his name on the radio with great excitment,but "Will Bateman" is your answer.Will Bateman is a warior and a great kid from a great family.

I agree with you. He would have put some size and strength at the LB position. The right side got exposed Friday night. Will is pretty fast for his size and definitely one of the strongest if not the strongest returning next year. ( I dont count a 250 lb being able to do his own weight as strong.) Pound for pound he is one of the strongest. He works out outside of the $4 million weight room. Interesting comment by GC talking about getting in the weight room. This team was weak and it showed in their tackling. Too much hand grabbing from a couple of key positions. Once again DB goes down from a stud running back (Riggs, Stewart). Hopefully CS will bring that punch we havent had since Faulkerson. Jamie has an excellent future in baseball. I was suprised to see him play football this year. DB lost a couple of good players this year to focus on baseball and basketball. Next year's team will need SPEED. Unfortunatly 80 players watched this year and we dont know much about next year. Sylvester and Crawford are the 2 fastest returning next year. After those 2 it really drops off. If Crawford is QB, I dont like playing him on D too. As we saw Friday night from Hawg, safety is important. One that can for sure make tackles. I would move Sylvester to safety. The corners?? JV's 2 corners got kicked off. What players run track? That will quickly tell you if next year's team has any speed. Funny thing since getting the new field house you never hear GC talk about his strong players as he did in the past. The team will have good size next year, just need speed and strength. DB should rent the stadium for the South/Greeneville game???? (Definitely if South plays Maryville) Help pay for that new turf! Now that will fire up Colonial Hts more than their annual leaf burning!

Watchdog,

Riggs didn't beat D-B the rain did...B. J. Clendenin and certainly Chase Flanary had plenty of punch since Faulkerson was playing...and Adonis Johnson could and did do it all...and just being curious, who were the "strong" players Coach Clark talked about before the field house?...and out of respect for the young man, his name is spelled Hogg, Robert Hogg...

Roll Tribe Roll

Watchdog,

Riggs didn't beat D-B the rain did...B. J. Clendenin and certainly Chase Flanary had plenty of punch since Faulkerson was playing...and Adonis Johnson could and did do it all...and just being curious, who were the "strong" players Coach Clark talked about before the field house?...and out of respect for the young man, his name is spelled Hogg, Robert Hogg...

Roll Tribe Roll

It was a monsoon, but the rain did not beat DB. Riggs was the go to man when they needed the yards much like Little Man Stewart. BJ and Chase had good power but they didnt have the speed or the moves. Adonis, maybe the quickest back in years. Pound for pound they havent had enough big strong players. One or two on each side of the ball is not going to win come playoff time. Maybe against the weak teams but not the ones with winning records. I dont take notes on high school football like you do, but when GC makes his preseason civic meetings he has always talked about several players being strong. Now his talks include how they NEED TO BE strong. As far as some names was their a Hyatt (a hulk looking lineman), Forrester LB, and the 2 brothers who played safety and RB. Sorry teach, I will try to take better notes at my meeting next summer. Question, where is the speed for next year other than Crawford and Sylvester. Speed that is big enough to tackle too. Everyone knows GC never let the younger guys get real experience for the next year when a game was out of reach.

I'd just like to clear a few things up that bother me when i read these posts by people who obviously need to pay more attention to this team if their going to get on here and argue with people thinking that theyre right when neither of them are

#1-Jordan Lawson is not a Linebacker he is a defensive end on that side of the ball, but next year probably will exclusively be a fullback blowing up holes for big 32

#2-Will Bateman as much as you may be sure about yourself is a much better end than he ever wouldve been a linebacker, theres this thing called coverage that linebackers have to do every once in a while, him and Fleming will be one of the best DE duos to ever go through DB

I'm just saying if your going to talk about who needs to play, please watch a practice and maybe all players wont make fun of you for acting like you know whats going on

throp, brown, and Steel all of the above could possibly make a big contribution to this next season. there is speed as always Def. will be stout and as I have been saying for the last couple of years this coming season will be BIG, write it down.

P.S. Great season Tribe you did more then anyone thought and there is more coming football coming for the Nay sayers DB always have

Roll Tribe Roll

I'd just like to clear a few things up that bother me when i read these posts by people who obviously need to pay more attention to this team if their going to get on here and argue with people thinking that theyre right when neither of them are

#1-Jordan Lawson is not a Linebacker he is a defensive end on that side of the ball, but next year probably will exclusively be a fullback blowing up holes for big 32

#2-Will Bateman as much as you may be sure about yourself is a much better end than he ever wouldve been a linebacker, theres this thing called coverage that linebackers have to do every once in a while, him and Fleming will be one of the best DE duos to ever go through DB

I'm just saying if your going to talk about who needs to play, please watch a practice and maybe all players wont make fun of you for acting like you know whats going on

I think Will could have blitzed from the outside on every down.Not much in the way of pass protection,if that's what you were reffering to . Without anybody blocking him on the outside blitz {WOW},look how good he done with blockers in front of him.I've seen him play linebacker and there is no question he would have made a ton of plays,plus made the other team pay a much heavier price on straight up defensive sets.

I know coach Watson always takes full responsability for brake downs on the defensive side. He was very upset with himself after the Farragut loss. I don't think he should of been but he was. He is at least in the top 5 defensive coaches in the state if not the very best. He hasn't lost a thing and in fact I think he just keeps getting better every year. So Watson if your reading this I say you still have another 10 years left in you. Your way to young to be retiring.