Haywood v. Mitchel 3rd round

SWO

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Tomcats can handle Mitchell to be honest. The caliber of opponents that they have beaten this year is very high, and while the Tomcats have had good victories as well, even the best teams on that list aren't as tough as some of the ones Mitchell has faced.

Haywood does have two advantages though.

They have a mental edge on Mitchell, as for some reason these two schools have been consistently meeting each other the past several years in playoff situations on the hardcourt, and Haywood always comes out the winner. Even when Mitchell had Thad Young they couldn't beat the Tomcats. Granted, this is now on the gridiron, but some of that luck could still be with the 'Cats.

Homefield advantage. Brownsville can be a tough place to play IF the Tomcat fans get into the game.

I haven't followed Mitchell this year, but I'm going to assume that if they are physical enough to handle Melrose then they will be able to deal with the Tomcat's usually biggest advantage right there.

Logically, I have to think that Mitchell is going to take this one pretty handily, but for some reason I see Haywood coming out with the win over the Tigers yet again, if only because the cards seem to keep falling like that against them.

Just my two cents though.

This is going to be a tough game for us and we have to play well. It is so fuuny that when i put our schedule together a lot of people called me crazy for scheduling Melrose, CBHS, and Daphne(Mobile, Al) on the road. I did it because I knew that if we were to make it to the Boro we had to travel because of this years playoff format. I hope those games help us on Friday night. Haywood can match our size for sure, i have not seen their speed. One thing about HC they play hard in every sport. This will be a battle and a close game.

This is going to be a tough game for us and we have to play well. It is so fuuny that when i put our schedule together a lot of people called me crazy for scheduling Melrose, CBHS, and Daphne(Mobile, Al) on the road. It did because I knew that if we were to make it to the Boro we had to travel because of this years playoff format. I hope those games help us on Friday night. Haywood can match our size for sure, i have not seen their speed. One thing about HC they play hard in every sport. This will be a batlle and a close game.

Haywood is not only big but very fast indeed. Of course i'm going to have to cheer for our region neighbors. GET IT DONE HAYWOOD.

i told u guys earlier that either dyersburg or haywood would be playing in tha state championship game. i actually picked a.e. an the tomcats for tha title. mitchell will see the best defense in tn friday night. it's gonna be hard this post season for anyone to come to b'ville an win, hope u guys understand that it's time for tha money. ward an witherspoon will be hard to deal wit from here on out, and if the next 2 games are at home, tomcats are going to the boro watch.

I really want to attend this game but im gonna be in alabama for thanksgiving /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ............ im goin with haywood they looked impressive against dc.........gotta pull for my region neighbor haywood!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />