William Blount Post-Season Discussions

jethro

I'm starting this thread as a place for William Blount fans to discuss the past football season, future hopes, etc. I respectfully request that all trash-talking from opponents/detractors be taken to another thread.

William Blount players.... thanks for a great season. It didn't end the way we wanted, but you guys have played hard all season long and have nothing to be ashamed of. All season long you played ranked teams and performed very well. All of South Blount Co., and many of our brethren at Maryville and Alcoa have pulled for us and have given us new-found respect.

Thanks also to the coaches. Coach Meadows, you have surrounded yourself with a fine cadre of coaches who have taken the boys to new heights. Keep up the good work during the off-season, and we will have many more victories ahead of us.

I'm hoping a few of the fans will post their comments about the season for the first few posts, and then we will change back to specific football-related issues (prospects, future plans, etc.)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting this thread as a place for William Blount fans to discuss the past football season, future hopes, etc. I respectfully request that all trash-talking from opponents/detractors be taken to another thread.

William Blount players.... thanks for a great season. It didn't end the way we wanted, but you guys have played hard all season long and have nothing to be ashamed of. All season long you played ranked teams and performed very well. All of South Blount Co., and many of our brethren at Maryville and Alcoa have pulled for us and have given us new-found respect.

Thanks also to the coaches. Coach Meadows, you have surrounded yourself with a fine cadre of coaches who have taken the boys to new heights. Keep up the good work during the off-season, and we will have many more victories ahead of us.

I'm hoping a few of the fans will post their comments about the season for the first few posts, and then we will change back to specific football-related issues (prospects, future plans, etc.)

Great season govs!!!As badly as it hurt to finish that way you all had a phenomonal season.Good luck in the off season and next year. Go Govs!!

Great season govs!!!As badly as it hurt to finish that way you all had a phenomonal season.Good luck in the off season and next year. Go Govs!!

It is obviously a good program going in the right direction. You don't get the kind of respect earned this year towards the program and the team if the majority of competition didn't believe it.

It is obviously a good program going in the right direction. You don't get the kind of respect earned this year towards the program and the team if the majority of competition didn't believe it.

I FROM HOOTERVILLE THOUGHT U GUYS WOULD WIN THE STATE.I WATCHED U PLAY 3 GMS.,DB,OWLS,MCMINN.WB HAD A GOOD TEAM.I HATE THE LOSS LIKE U DID.REMERBER ALL THE MOUTHING BEFORE AND AFTER THE OOLTEWAH SHOUTOUT,WHAT YOU JETRO SAY ,COMES BACK.U GOT SHOUTOUT.SEE U NEXT YEAR.

I FROM HOOTERVILLE THOUGHT U GUYS WOULD WIN THE STATE.I WATCHED U PLAY 3 GMS.,DB,OWLS,MCMINN.WB HAD A GOOD TEAM.I HATE THE LOSS LIKE U DID.

thanks for the comments

REMERBER ALL THE MOUTHING BEFORE AND AFTER THE OOLTEWAH SHOUTOUT,WHAT YOU JETRO SAY ,COMES BACK.U GOT SHOUTOUT.SEE U NEXT YEAR.

I'm not sure what you're talking about by mentioning me, but besides that, how about taking it somewhere else?

thanks for the comments

I'm not sure what you're talking about by mentioning me, but besides that, how about taking it somewhere else?

whats he s trying to say is you all gave the owls a goose egg and talked a bunch of trash for a month and now you got payed back and dont want nobody to say anything about it, well he s trying to say is what goes around, comes around and i think you deserve the same trash you give everyone elase. is every one suppose to feel sorry for you now and not bring it up????????????? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Hey Ooltewah fans............GROW UP! You give us all a bad name when you get on someone elses thread and act like 9 year olds. The fact is Bearden beat both of our teams badly. From the sounds of it, WB played them in about the same fashion the Owls did. Neither team was ready and it put an end to their seasons respectively. Seems to me that NO OWL fan has a right to say anything. Didn't WB smoke us?????? And I don't give a rat's behind about our "situation" A LOSS IS A LOSS.

To WB, I'm sorry for your loss. It stinks doesn't it? Well, do like Ooltewah, start thinking about next year. You guys had a remarkable season, be proud of that. I'm sure there is not a plyer on your team that WANTED the season to end.

I apologize for some of the immature fans that have commented to you, we're all NOT like that. 2seam is usually level headed.

BTW, is anyone pulling for Farragut this week? Just curious.

Hey Ooltewah fans............GROW UP! You give us all a bad name when you get on someone elses thread and act like 9 year olds. The fact is Bearden beat both of our teams badly. From the sounds of it, WB played them in about the same fashion the Owls did. Neither team was ready and it put an end to their seasons respectively. Seems to me that NO OWL fan has a right to say anything. Didn't WB smoke us?????? And I don't give a rat's behind about our "situation" A LOSS IS A LOSS.

To WB, I'm sorry for your loss. It stinks doesn't it? Well, do like Ooltewah, start thinking about next year. You guys had a remarkable season, be proud of that. I'm sure there is not a plyer on your team that WANTED the season to end.

I apologize for some of the immature fans that have commented to you, we're all NOT like that. 2seam is usually level headed.

BTW, is anyone pulling for Farragut this week? Just curious.

Your a class act owlfanatic.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . See you next year..... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

No. No one outside of Farragut ever cheers for Farragut.

Hate that loss Govs. Hope to see you regroup and take it at least one week further next season.

Thats good to know. I was feeling guilty for wanting them to lose. I have just had bad expereinces with them and their fans each year and just don't generally like them.

1st of all...Go Bearden.

Great season William Blount. I enjoyed doing the radio for you guys. It was a lot of fun (except for Friday). Also, congrats to the coaches especially for Coach Meadows and his willingness to part with the wing T and change what he is used to. That takes a lot to do that and he should be commended. The rest of the assistants did an outstanding job, also. We'll tee it up again next August.