William Blount Post-Season Discussions

jethro

Hey Ooltewah fans............GROW UP! You give us all a bad name when you get on someone elses thread and act like 9 year olds. The fact is Bearden beat both of our teams badly. From the sounds of it, WB played them in about the same fashion the Owls did. Neither team was ready and it put an end to their seasons respectively. Seems to me that NO OWL fan has a right to say anything. Didn't WB smoke us?????? And I don't give a rat's behind about our "situation" A LOSS IS A LOSS.

To WB, I'm sorry for your loss. It stinks doesn't it? Well, do like Ooltewah, start thinking about next year. You guys had a remarkable season, be proud of that. I'm sure there is not a plyer on your team that WANTED the season to end.

I apologize for some of the immature fans that have commented to you, we're all NOT like that. 2seam is usually level headed.

BTW, is anyone pulling for Farragut this week? Just curious.

thta comment wasnt towards Jethro, the ones it intended for know who they are and what they said and did, look back and you ll see who i m referring to. Probably shouldnt have brought it back up but i was explaining what i thought the other poster was trying to say, my bad.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thta comment wasnt towards Jethro, the ones it intended for know who they are and what they said and did, look back and you ll see who i m referring to. Probably shouldnt have brought it back up but i was explaining what i thought the other poster was trying to say, my bad.

I know there's gonna be trash-talk .... I just wish it would be on the WB/Bearden thread, or in any other thread.

The intent of this thread is two-fold: 1) Congratulate the players, coaches and everyone else connected with the program on a great year, regardless of the one bad game, and 2) See what might be in store for next year and on down the line.

This year, WB moved from mediocre to top-notch. We've been edging that way over the last few years. One day we will get to the top; it just wasn't this year. While I'm sure we will be back to mediocre from time to time, I'm hoping that we begin to "BELIEVE" in ourselves.

In the past, we've lost good young men to other districts ... we've had kids that don't want to grow up to be a WB football player, but rather an Alcoa, or Maryville, or whatever football player .... we've had kids that went out for the football team just to get a letter. Now, we finally are starting to get a little excitement going with the players, fans, and even our cross-town rivals.

I'm just hoping this is a "sea-change" for a team that is finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

That's all.

Congrats on a great season. Sure wish it went on a little longer though. The govs sure were on their way to being one of the better teams to come along in a long time. They really gelled together well. The group that are jr's and seniors are like one grade. They really support eachother and their is not just one or two players that stand out above the rest. There is a team of players that stand tall above the rest. We, as fans of football, and as fans of Blount athletics in general, are very proud of the Govs heart and I for one will miss watching this group play. I will be watching next year though and it couldn't come fast enough for me. Thanks again, to the coaches and staff of Wb for an outstanding showing this year. Keep up the good work in the years to come and lets keep these younger boys wanting to play and build on this winning attitude. It's been a long time coming......

Does anyone have season stats for the Governors?

Some stats for the regular season only can be viewed here: http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys/te...5989/2007-2008/ .

Great season, Govs. I know it was a disappointing finish, but in the end, there's only gonna be one team that's happy. You guys played an exciting brand of football and were one of the more entertaining teams I've seen around here in recent years. Good luck to the seniors -- always remember the camaraderie and achievements of this season.

Some stats for the regular season only can be viewed here: http://stats.prepxtra.com/football/boys/te...5989/2007-2008/ .

Great season, Govs. I know it was a disappointing finish, but in the end, there's only gonna be one team that's happy. You guys played an exciting brand of football and were one of the more entertaining teams I've seen around here in recent years. Good luck to the seniors -- always remember the camaraderie and achievements of this season.

That is a great page! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!