Pickett VS LA

Daisy

This 'crew' did an exceptional job ! If you would just watch the film, they got most or their 'plays' right. As far as Case having it in for Bibb, its just not so. He will continue to be assigned games with Pickett Co - both at home and on the road. So you might as well get used to seing his face. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

As for being unprofessional, these officials in the Upper Cumberland are the most professional around.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I'm going to get bombarded for this reply, but I really don't care...

I was not at the game and didn't see the calls but the direction that ball games are going anymore, someone has to take over and do something about the attitudes that players, coaches, and fans exhibit at these ballgames. And I'm sure there are some refs that need attitude adjustments, too. When it comes down to people making threats and doing damage to vehicles, it is just getting plain ridiculous. I hope there isn't any incidents like that this year.

The lack of respect for other people has just gone too far. Some people (from the students on up) think they know more about sports than the coaches and refs know. I get so tired of hearing some of the remarks that people have that I have lost interest in going to games. I'd rather stay home and watch college sports on TV.

Well said longballer, I think 60 fouls and 15 charges is a bit obsurd. These maybe the best two boys teams in the uppercumberland, with definately the best two players, and the refs screwed us from watching an awesome game by turning it into a free throw shooting contest. I think Case should be fined or something for how unprofessional he was with Coach Bibb last night.....hollering at him as Bibb instead of Coach. Case has got it out for Bibb, and neither of them likes the other. It amazes me how good the officals are from other districts and region....thats why PC does so much better in post season, neutral crews who aren't gunning for them. Now I'm not saying they were gunning against PC last night, cause from were I was setting they were gunning to foul both teams out and go home early. Heady and Case are some of the worst two refs I've ever seen, and thats not just basketball, I've watched them umpire baseball games, they stink at that too. The only way that crew good have been any worse last night is if Carr or Goose was the third member. I'd like to have seen Bibb's face when he found out Case was a ref last night. I'd put the X on him, its not unheard of a PC. Barry Smith put the X on Gary Maxwell back when he was reffing highschool games. Any LA won, cause they deserved it and earned it......but the officals could have done a better job.

TWO BEST TEAMS IN THE UPPER CUMBERLAND???Back to the point of officials that crew is terrible but they are not 30 points terrible.Bibb is one of the best around and its just one game when they get healthy it will be closer.

It cracks me up to sit here and read people whine and cry about the officials. These two teams dont like each other and never have. As for the officials from what I can tell Case and Heady are two of the best around and I am sure the other one is just as good. Both of these teams play quick and somewhat out of control so charges are gonna get called and they should get called. Bibb has Case's respect and Case has Bibb's respect so they can talk to each other in such a manner. I have seen Bibb coach and he is no angel when it comes to addressing officials. Basketball is basketball not football so blow the whistle, the teams have to adjust not the officials. And another thing if you think the officiating is so bad around here and so good elsewhere think again, I have seen officiating all across the state and the upper cumberland has by far the best officials. So quit b&^%$ing and deal with it LA was better that time and that is how it is. As far as blocking out officials that will not happen if Bibb tries that he will probably see the same crew many more times, and I think it is funny that people think that Gary Maxwell got blocked from LA, I mean yeah he probably was not to good...... oh no wait he is a FINAL FOUR OFFICIAL IN THE ACC, SEC, AND BIG 12. Get a clue people, but thanks for the laughs /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hmmm last week Grace came up to PC and complained about how BAD the refs where for PC and if ya'll remember you said that wasn't the case and that Clay Co. and others git on here and complain more about the refs than PC does but when ya'll lose its the refs fault! Thats the way Pickett Cuntry is always the refs the refs the refs. The refs did it they hate us this one dont like me that one dont like him they hate my great grandpa and thats why they call against us. YOU GOT BEET DOWN BY A BETTER TEAM! DEAL WIT IT HOMES /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hmmm last week Grace came up to PC and complained about how BAD the refs where for PC and if ya'll remember you said that wasn't the case and that Clay Co. and others git on here and complain more about the refs than PC does but when ya'll lose its the refs fault! Thats the way Pickett Cuntry is always the refs the refs the refs. The refs did it they hate us this one dont like me that one dont like him they hate my great grandpa and thats why they call against us. YOU GOT BEET DOWN BY A BETTER TEAM! DEAL WIT IT HOMES /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You obviously can't read. I didn't blaim the outcome of the game on the refs....I said before the game was even played that LA would probably win. I gave all the credit to LA for winning, they out played PC and deserved what they got, I simply said it would have been a closer game with better refs, they turned this great potential basketball game into a free throw shooting match. And you obviously can't read because I stated that it was equally bad for both teams....There is no sense in 60 fouls and 15 charges. And for Melton 07.....you make me laugh.

Sorry sparta boy I forgot about White co. They are definately the best team in the UC...LA and PC 2 and 3.

If Bibb wants to put the X on someone he can, and he won't see them until he desides to lift the X, which won't happen, because as far as I know Maxwell is still Xed and he doesn't even do highschool anymore. And I didn't say I agreed with Maxwell getting Xed, I just said he is Xed cause Barry Smith put it on him when he was coaching girls ball several years ago.

I am as sure as I can be that no coach can X an offical in this day and time, now what Barry Smith did to Gary Maxwell how many years ago I don't know.(Maxwell hasn't called high school in at least ten years, I guess he is a little busy calling games like Duke/North Carolina) I am sure many requests are made that an offical not go to any number of schools and that request is always denied. As far as how any referee adresses Coach Bibb he deserves what ever he gets. He WAS friends with many of the referees in the Upper Cumberland before he went to Pickett and I believe he thought he and his team would get the benefit of all doubt when that didn't happen and he didn't get his way, you get what you have now.

Maybe the 'Team' should learn to play without fouling so much. This 'crew' was one of the best in the Upper Cumberland !

i dont think there are any good ones up there. who is gonna drive 45 miles out the way from anywhere? the only time there will be "good ones" there is if they host sub-state. so be ready for bad calls week end and week out

Case is an exceptional official when it comes to game management. He is not a perfect all the time, but he is one of the standards for officials in this area. Now, with that being said, officials have bad games, just like players and coaches. I yell as much as anybody at the games, but I try to refrain from getting on Coach T and calling them out by name, especially ones that weren't even calling the game. I am not sure about basketball, but you can blackball officials in high school football, or atleast you used to have could. Bibb is a GREAT guy and great coach. I know there might be some history in some past games, but like someone said earlier, they respect each other, whether they like each other or not. They both are good at what they do. Sometimes, professionals don't gel, period. I think Case has enough integrity to call the game the way he sees fit with no favortism toward either side, and I think Bibb has enough integrity to not blackball Case even if he could.