Harpeth vs. CPA

basktballa12

I have to say im impressed. CPA winning on the road at LA and Harpeth. Im a WHITE HOUSE fan , and i would love to see Z go up against BigDaddy from White House, and i would love to see Miller go up against the Flash. White House doesn't play a hard non-district schedule this year which could come back to haunt them. CPA is obviously playing tough teams which will help them down the road. The difference i see in the teams is White House is all seniors and CPA is mainly juniors. I also think Maddox is a very good coach. All 3 of these teams could be going to state this year. But let me tell you Memphis is loaded this year in AA. Mitchell is very good and so is Dyer Co. who beat us last year in the state tourney at a shot at the buzzer. Dyer has everyone back. Also Boliver , Howard , and BTW will be very good teams this year. I believe AA will be better then AAA this year. As a matter of fact I would have CPA and WHITE HOUSE both ranked in the top 5 in the Midstate this year. I would have

1-Antioch

2-White House

3-Gallatin

4-CPA

5-Clarksville

I understand Clarksville beat Gallatin by 3 tonight, but the game was at Clarksville. And i also want people to understand that White House has 13 or 14 varsity basketball players (football) out right now. I know Giltner is a great shooter, and im sure Harpeth will be better as the season goes by. But right now those (well after football is over) i think those are the best 5 in the midstate.

Clarksville beat Gallatin tonight by 3. How are they 2-SPOTS behind Gallatin??????

Where is Sycamore?????????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference i see in the teams is White House is all seniors and CPA is mainly juniors.

CPA does get most of their firepower from juniors, but let me remind you very experienced juniors. Also, CPA has two good senior leaders starting in Reeves #33 and Peterson #32 and Lowery coming off the bench. Having a lot of seniors is beneficial but I guarantee some of CPA's juniors have had as much experience on the court as the White House seniors.

The difference i see in the teams is White House is all seniors and CPA is mainly juniors.

CPA does get most of their firepower from juniors, but let me remind you very experienced juniors. Also, CPA has two good senior leaders starting in Reeves #33 and Peterson #32 and Lowery coming off the bench. Having a lot of seniors is beneficial but I guarantee some of CPA's juniors have had as much experience on the court as the White House seniors.

Probably close because i know they all played last year as sophmores. And experience isnt everything, but it does help. Im not sure if Z and Miller played varsity as freshman or not. White House has Barnes (the flash) STARTED since his freshman year on varsity. Not played , but started. Also Gaines (big daddy) played as a soph , and started last year when he was ALL-STATE. Garrett Wood has played varsity since he was a freshman. Trobaugh played varsity his freshman year . He sat out his soph year , and then he played his junior year. Travis has also played varsity since his soph year. Im sure Z and Miller has played ALOT and i know they play AAU . I think they play on John Jenkins team from Station Camp in AAU but im not positive on that. White House has a good young coach, but the coach that helped turn around the White House basketball program retired at the end of last year. We'll see how it all plays out, but White House is very talented and very experienced and has ALOT more depth and talent then it had last year.

Clarksville beat Gallatin tonight by 3. How are they 2-SPOTS behind Gallatin??????

Where is Sycamore?????????

As i said the game was at Clarksville tonight. I think on a neutral court Gallatin would win. I would have Sycamore probably around 15th-20th in the Midstate in all classes. In AA in the Midstate i would probably have them around 6-10.

great 1st half of this game. IMO the turning point was when CPA increased their lead from 2 to 6 in the last 4 seconds of the 2nd quarter. Momentum was definitely stifted totally to CPA at that point. Harpeth obviously couldn't bounce back in the second half. Z is a great ball player, very fun to watch. I would love to see him go against someone his own size and similar athletic ability. However, this game was the great game for Harpeth. Playing this competition will only help them not only in district play but region as well. They will also see how they stack up in the region this weekend when they travel to Jackson for a Turkey Weekened Tourney. Good Luck to both squads throughout the season!

great 1st half of this game. IMO the turning point was when CPA increased their lead from 2 to 6 in the last 4 seconds of the 2nd quarter. Momentum was definitely stifted totally to CPA at that point. Harpeth obviously couldn't bounce back in the second half. Z is a great ball player, very fun to watch. I would love to see him go against someone his own size and similar athletic ability. However, this game was the great game for Harpeth. Playing this competition will only help them not only in district play but region as well. They will also see how they stack up in the region this weekend when they travel to Jackson for a Turkey Weekened Tourney. Good Luck to both squads throughout the season!

CPA also had room for improvement. When the guards are shooting lights out it can be scary. They also shoot 3's under pressure which they didn't last night-thell get increasingly comportable as the season goes on. Also they will improve at handling defensive pressure. It should be an exciting year and they are developing nicely.

As i said the game was at Clarksville tonight. I think on a neutral court Gallatin would win. I would have Sycamore probably around 15th-20th in the Midstate in all classes. In AA in the Midstate i would probably have them around 6-10.

That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to having one so I will leave it at that /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Probably close because i know they all played last year as sophmores. And experience isnt everything, but it does help. Im not sure if Z and Miller played varsity as freshman or not. White House has Barnes (the flash) STARTED since his freshman year on varsity. Not played , but started. Also Gaines (big daddy) played as a soph , and started last year when he was ALL-STATE. Garrett Wood has played varsity since he was a freshman. Trobaugh played varsity his freshman year . He sat out his soph year , and then he played his junior year. Travis has also played varsity since his soph year. Im sure Z and Miller has played ALOT and i know they play AAU . I think they play on John Jenkins team from Station Camp in AAU but im not positive on that. White House has a good young coach, but the coach that helped turn around the White House basketball program retired at the end of last year. We'll see how it all plays out, but White House is very talented and very experienced and has ALOT more depth and talent then it had last year.

Z left CPA during his Freshman year but for sure would have been a starter, and probably the best player. Miller was a consistent starter his freshman year and even scored 44 in one game. Anderson started some as a frosh also.And yes Miller, Mason, and Jenkins play on the same AAU team.

Did Harpeth play their big man Dixon any?

A little bit but he was just as ineffective at guarding Z as everyone else was.

Did Harpeth play their big man Dixon any?

Very little. Tyler Carruthers was guarding Zeke most of the night with some help from Dixon and Kendrick Jones. Harpeth matches up well with CPA on the perimeter. They don't have a post that can handle Zeke as was evidenced by his 30 something points, mostly from 4-6 feet. I had CPA hitting one three and that was by Zeke. I agree with harpethfan08, the last minute of the first half and the first 5 minutes of the third period are what did Harpeth in. With a chance to take the last shot and go into half tied or down by 2 at worst, they take a quick shot, CPA converts, then steals twice for a 6-8 point swing and a 6 point halftime lead. You can't afford to have those sort of mental lapses against a good team like CPA. I'd bet that will get better before the Indians face them again.

The key to beating CPA is to get them in foul trouble, especially the big man, and make their bench beat you. They're a good team though. I expect to see them make state this year. Giltner hit for about his average last night, but none of the other Harpeth scorers did. It wasn't the A game by a long shot.

To all the K-town Killas, it was a really good atmosphere for a November non-conference game. Not like it's going to be against Sycamore on December 7th, but a good high school basketball environment. Saw alot of coaching types in the stands taking notes.

Very little. Tyler Carruthers was guarding Zeke most of the night with some help from Dixon and Kendrick Jones. Harpeth matches up well with CPA on the perimeter. They don't have a post that can handle Zeke as was evidenced by his 30 something points, mostly from 4-6 feet. I had CPA hitting one three and that was by Zeke. I agree with harpethfan08, the last minute of the first half and the first 5 minutes of the third period are what did Harpeth in. With a chance to take the last shot and go into half tied or down by 2 at worst, they take a quick shot, CPA converts, then steals twice for a 6-8 point swing and a 6 point halftime lead. You can't afford to have those sort of mental lapses against a good team like CPA. I'd bet that will get better before the Indians face them again.

The key to beating CPA is to get them in foul trouble, especially the big man, and make their bench beat you. They're a good team though. I expect to see them make state this year. Giltner hit for about his average last night, but none of the other Harpeth scorers did. It wasn't the A game by a long shot.

To all the K-town Killas, it was a really good atmosphere for a November non-conference game. Not like it's going to be against Sycamore on December 7th, but a good high school basketball environment. Saw alot of coaching types in the stands taking notes.

Just a note about "the key to beating CPA is to get them in foul trouble..."

CPA got in some serious foul trouble against Livingston, 4 out of 5 starters had 4 fouls. Maddox sat them all out for most of the 3rd and some of the 4th. They still won. So don't count the other players out. They proved that they can definately be trusted in a time of need. They played well, I personally was impressed. It was a stressful game and close...but CPA still pulled it off!

Just a note about "the key to beating CPA is to get them in foul trouble..."

CPA got in some serious foul trouble against Livingston, 4 out of 5 starters had 4 fouls. Maddox sat them all out for most of the 3rd and some of the 4th. They still won. So don't count the other players out. They proved that they can definately be trusted in a time of need. They played well, I personally was impressed. It was a stressful game and close...but CPA still pulled it off!

Livingston Academy is not Harpeth; I am sure that Coach Wilson would more than likely have something to take advantage a situation like that.