11/29 Soddy vs Baylor

walkenvol

Baylor had 8 kids in the line-up that were 10th or younger. Doesnt look like graduating all those seniors hurt so bad. Soddy will have it all put together by seasons end. Baylor better watch out for Collins Hill next week, they are so good that RMC is not even bothering to poor mouth about them this year.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey RMC do u have the inside on the room info for the duals down there this weekend gary Lewis claims u r our hookup being the ole chatt boy you are

Gary emailed me and said he had the rooms taken care of at the hotel I gave him. There's an Applbee's and Outback basically in the parking lot of that hotel. Across the road is a better watering hole named Jeffry's Sports Bar....and they are a Collins Hill wrestling sponsor!

I'll be working the youth tournament at the high school tonight...come by and say hello if you get in early.

Otherwise.....I'll see you Saturday morning...drive safe!

i heard that the Soddy Daisy 112 beat Manley of Baylor. Can someone confirm if this is true or not? Also did Soddy Daisy's 215 or 119 win? I know Soddy Daisy had to forfiet those weights due to weight management, but someone said they wrestled all those weights as exhibition matches.

Baylor had 8 kids in the line-up that were 10th or younger. Doesnt look like graduating all those seniors hurt so bad. Soddy will have it all put together by seasons end. Baylor better watch out for Collins Hill next week, they are so good that RMC is not even bothering to poor mouth about them this year.

Nah...we've got a decent team, but I have no idea what kind of lineup we'll wrestle. Being the first year of weight management program it seems like no one on the team is in the right spot. It'll be interesting to see the line up tomorrow and see what if any line up changes are made. I think we may have wrestled up 112 - 160 on Wednesday against #7 Pope.

I would probably have more insight if my kid wasn't out for while with an injury, but I've mainly been focused with trying to get him back on the mat. I actually haven't attended one practice this year.....because he can't wrestle yet.

i heard that the Soddy Daisy 112 beat Manley of Baylor. Can someone confirm if this is true or not? Also did Soddy Daisy's 215 or 119 win? I know Soddy Daisy had to forfiet those weights due to weight management, but someone said they wrestled all those weights as exhibition matches.

Stewart (SD -112) beat Manley 8-3 and Zimmerman (SD-215) beat Ponsler 10-1. Doster (Bay-119) beat Hammons 7-0. Congrats to Baylor on a big win.

I would probably have more insight if my kid wasn't out for while with an injury, but I've mainly been focused with trying to get him back on the mat. I actually haven't attended one practice this year.....because he can't wrestle yet.

Just an opinion, but I think Dad's should never be allowed in a wrestling room, a practice, or a challenge match. Regardless of the parent's motivation or the invite by the coaches, it is a total screw job to the other kids that are in your kid's weight class. Hey, I have an idea, why don't you let your kid's life be enjoyed by them like your parents let you. Just an idea.

BAN ALL PARENTS FROM PRACTICE AND CALLENGE MATCHES!

Its the right thing to do for the rest of your kid's teammates wether you agree or not. Its hard enough on the boys to see their parents spewing their thoughts about THEIR sport on CoachT. Its THEIR time not ours (oops, I guess I'm guilty of that right here).

Just an opinion, but I think Dad's should never be allowed in a wrestling room, a practice, or a challenge match. Regardless of the parent's motivation or the invite by the coaches, it is a total screw job to the other kids that are in your kid's weight class. Hey, I have an idea, why don't you let your kid's life be enjoyed by them like your parents let you. Just an idea.

BAN ALL PARENTS FROM PRACTICE AND CALLENGE MATCHES!

Its the right thing to do for the rest of your kid's teammates wether you agree or not. Its hard enough on the boys to see their parents spewing their thoughts about THEIR sport on CoachT. Its THEIR time not ours (oops, I guess I'm guilty of that right here).

Sorry....I meant that a little different. I used to show up at the end for the conditioning part. Now I pick up Bubbles in the parking lot.

We do have some dads that from time to time will help out with the bigger boys and less experienced kids and give them some individual attention. This year its been nice to have some coaches that are special to be around and work with the boys.......Rich Schumacher, Jeff Bedard, Cody Black, and Kyle Maynard......all new coaches this year.

PS......I'm goofing off on CoachT.....not the Georgia Vent.....where he wrestles!

Sorry....I meant that a little different. I used to show up at the end for the conditioning part. Now I pick up Bubbles in the parking lot.

We do have some dads that from time to time will help out with the bigger boys and less experienced kids and give them some individual attention. This year its been nice to have some coaches that are special to be around and work with the boys.......Rich Schumacher, Jeff Bedard, Cody Black, and Kyle Maynard......all new coaches this year.

PS......I'm goofing off on CoachT.....not the Georgia Vent.....where he wrestles!

Kyle's coaching ? Cool. He should be a senior @ UGA. True ?

Kyle's coaching ? Cool. He should be a senior @ UGA. True ?

I'll have to ask him. I know he took some time off because he was in pretty high demand with the Washington Speakers Bureau.

I'll also see if he's coming up next weekend with the team. If he does it'll be a good chance to get him to autograph his book.

Believe it or not he's been petitioning the state athletic board to grant him a license to fight in MMA fights. He's a pretty tough guy.

Allsaints - I'm sure your opinion is based on a bad experience. Bradley has allowed full access to parents since day one (for observing only) and I'm 99% sure Soddy, McCallie and Baylor do as well. Those programs and kids have done fairly well. Many posters (non-Bradley) on this site have attended Bradley practices. I agree it is the kids time but it's also the parents time. It's the only time in your life where you'll ever have a kid wrestling. I'm not talking interference...I'm talking being involved in the experience. I've carried my boys all over the country to events, been witness to almost 800 matches and attended hundreds and hundreds of practices, workouts and challenge matches. AND wouldn't trade any piece of the journey for anything (even the bumps along the way) and I don't think my boys would either. As I and they grow older, we only seem to remember the good, the weird and the funny.

My view of a kid getting a total screw job....It's a kid who's parent(s): never show up for a practice, not there for every match, never ask "how's your weight", never get a hug after a win or a pat on the back after a tough loss. There's a lot of bad crap in this world but a parent showing lots of interest and being involved in their kids lives is simply not one of them.

Bayou, I guess making a general statement like I did is not fair. Your right on about kids needing parental involvement, especially the weight thing. I guess my biggest beef is when parents are at the challenge match rooting for their kid over their teammate. My kid wont let me come near a practice much less a challenge match. There is no question he felt intimidated in years past wrestling his teammate with the only one cheering in the whole room is his challenger's dad. I felt it was an unfair advantage. Some could say that I should be there to even it up. But again, my boy would have killed me. Every situation is unique. I guess what I should have said is that parents should be careful that their involvment in wrestling practices needs to remain a positive experience for the team as a whole and not just a promotion of their child over all the rest. No doubt a lot of programs are better because of parents getting in there and helping the coaches. A coach can't be everywhere all the time. These parents are heros and so are the drivers and food providers. But when it comes to challenge matches, they should either be treated like a dual meet with a concession stand and cheering crowds or conducted in complete privacy. I've seen JV tournaments where kids were wrestling teammates in the finals. I saw parents cheering for both kids to put out more effort. This way they got to cheer on their kid without cheering against the kid's teammate. I've done this myself. If parents took that same approach towards practices and challenge matches, I wouldn't have any problem with it. But, that simply is not the case all the time and when it isn't, it can be real detrimental to the entire team. Just an opinion and thanks for pointing out my extreme attitude overlooked the postitive that parents provide for all these kids.